Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
I'm about to place my first HHV order and get a sample pack. I keep hearing so much about Gandalf, Shadowfax, Dark Horse, Gollum and Huntsman all over the plae on this forum and I just cant take it anymore I HAVE TO TRY THEM! My question to you experienced HHV vapers... which of these tobacco flavors do you all think gives the best TH? I have tried a couple other tobaccos usually the crappy nutty, carmely flavors that I cant stand but despite the flavor itself I've noticed not getting to much of a TH as I do when I get something with Menthol in it. I really love anything Menthol but there are so many good sounding juices out there and I dont want to be constantly worried that if I dont order some type of menthol juice I wont get that pronounced TH I desire. I'm really hoping Gandalf offers a nice flavor and TH because I was really hoping to have some on Hand for when the new Hobbit movie comes out. Oh yeah I'm bringing some Gandalf to the movie theatre. As long as it doesnt have that nutty carmel popcorn taste I'll be happy. Shadowfax sounds cool I can deal with vanilla. But again, hows the TH on these juices?

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Anyone still afraid to try HHV?

Yes, I am a little worried. I really want to try it as I am a tobacco lover. But I keep hearing things like pipe and earthy. I didn't smoke pipes so I would think I want a cigarette type tobacco. Earthy scares me = makes me think of dirt and grass. So many people are raving about it so I'd like to try it but these descriptions scare me off. I'd like to try a sample pack but it only comes in 12mg and I smoke 24mg so I don't know if that would give me a true flavor experience.

vn vaper

Nov 21, 2012
bloomington,il
I'm about to place my first HHV order and get a sample pack. I keep hearing so much about Gandalf, Shadowfax, Dark Horse, Gollum and Huntsman all over the plae on this forum and I just cant take it anymore I HAVE TO TRY THEM! My question to you experienced HHV vapers... which of these tobacco flavors do you all think gives the best TH? I have tried a couple other tobaccos usually the crappy nutty, carmely flavors that I cant stand but despite the flavor itself I've noticed not getting to much of a TH as I do when I get something with Menthol in it. I really love anything Menthol but there are so many good sounding juices out there and I dont want to be constantly worried that if I dont order some type of menthol juice I wont get that pronounced TH I desire. I'm really hoping Gandalf offers a nice flavor and TH because I was really hoping to have some on Hand for when the new Hobbit movie comes out. Oh yeah I'm bringing some Gandalf to the movie theatre. As long as it doesnt have that nutty carmel popcorn taste I'll be happy. Shadowfax sounds cool I can deal with vanilla. But again, hows the TH on these juices?
dont know if u put in an order yet but gandalf for me has very little TH. huntsman is good with TH though. little harsh for me. i still cant decide between huntman and pirate booty though. good luck

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, I am a little worried. I really want to try it as I am a tobacco lover. But I keep hearing things like pipe and earthy. I didn't smoke pipes so I would think I want a cigarette type tobacco. Earthy scares me = makes me think of dirt and grass. So many people are raving about it so I'd like to try it but these descriptions scare me off. I'd like to try a sample pack but it only comes in 12mg and I smoke 24mg so I don't know if that would give me a true flavor experience.

Mookie, don't be scared. Buy a 6ml bottle of Serendipity, Dark Horse, and Shadowfax. Promise you won't be disappointed;)

scorch

Nov 2, 2012
California
For TH, I would say that Blade Runner is pretty good. But it is a different kind, it hits the back of the throat then cools off with a bit of mint. It's a really unusual flavor. I currently trade off between it and my Dark Horse/Menthol Ice mix.
Though I am debating of going with Huntsman instead of Dark Horse on my next order. And getting more DD Watermelon, man that was good.

slickerxcuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Southern California
not sure if anyone mentioned steeping on here, but it's a must for me, straight out of the mailbox tasted purfumey. 2-3 weeks later it was godly! now i need a lead time of like a month before reupping. 1-2 weeks for it to ship 1-2 more weeks for it to steep so i dont touch it until a month after ordering. (talking about the gandalf)

Black Strat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2012
Idaho
I am a big fan of Halo's tobacco flavors... especially Prime 15... but it is getting a bit too expensive for me. People swear by HHV's tobacco flavors and I've been told Dark Horse is somewhat similar to Prime. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm hesitant because I've gone with many suggestions from people that ended up being horrible, like the Classic Tobacco flavor from VapeDudes. A lot of people told me it was the best tobacco flavor they ever had. It reminds me of the taste of soap and musky perfume doused in massive amounts of mesquite liquid smoke and I almost puked on the first hit. I let it steep for 2 months and its still just as nasty. Is there anybody who likes Halo that can say they liked HHV's tobaccos just as much or better? I know taste is subjective but I figure if someone likes Halo's tobaccos and likes HHV's it might be worth a try.

Voodoo, I had given up on tobacco juices until a coworker brought me some HHV samples. I now regularly vape 5 of their tobaccos on a daily basis. In fact, I only ever purchase a handful of juices from other vendors now. Of course taste is subjective but I am a fan!

The only downside to HHV which is a minor inconvenience to me is that their popularity has exploded which means it takes longer to receive my order. I am more than happy to stock up and order well in advance. That should probably tell you something regarding their quality.

NoMoreTequila

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Northern California
Dark Horse and Huntsman (oh, and Gigidy and Oompa) are the only tobaccos I have not tried. All the others have excellent throat hit as well as great mouth feel. HHV should own the patent!!!

NoMoreTequila

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Northern California

I don't think you can lose Mookie, order Gandalf 24mg and wait a month. It will be so much more than simply 'dirt and grass'!

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
If you like Halo, DoodeJuice makes some "tobacco" flavors in their eliquid | e cigarette liquid | e liquid | e juice | ejuice juices. I vape their House Brewed line, but those juices in the lab line are similar to Halo's "tobaccos."

I know you were asking about HHV, and I have vaped a lot of their stuff, but if you were looking for something close(r) to Halo, you could try those (GeJ) for a little less money. Happy hunting.

p.s. Halo is still running their 20% holiday sale, just in case you need to stock-up while you hunt.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Oh yeah, Dark Horse is about as similar to Prime 15 as I am similar to Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top. If you want a juice that is similar to Prime 15 (after Prime 15 mellows out), you should try Vapor Station's Tampa -- I think you will dig it. As a matter of fact, you could try several of Vapor Station's locale "tobaccos" e.g. Phoenix, Tampa, Frisco, etc.

The reason I say after Prime 15 mellows out is because initially, when it has that nail polish remover taste (which I used to love), it takes on a flavor, that IMO, is close enough to Tampa.

Lastly, if you go to the site https://vaporstation.com/index.php/e-liquids/vs-brand/e-liquid-100-vg-tampa.html?options=cart Get the 50/50 Tampa and not the 100% VG Tampa for a closer vein to P 15.

Last edited:

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Okay, I'm going for it and placing an order at HHV. Thanks for all your input.

Also I need to second Mr. Mann's recommendation of Vapor Station. He suggested them to me and I loved them. I tried the Tampa and VS4. I'm usually very picky but these were so good I vaped the bottles dry in no time. They are definitely on my short reorder list.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Okay, I'm going for it and placing an order at HHV. Thanks for all your input.

Also I need to second Mr. Mann's recommendation of Vapor Station. He suggested them to me and I loved them. I tried the Tampa and VS4. I'm usually very picky but these were so good I vaped the bottles dry in no time. They are definitely on my short reorder list.

That's awesome that it worked for you! Guess what? I literally just got off the phone with Eric and ordered a 30 mL of Tampa 24 mg and a 5 mL of 35 mg ---> (just for the one-hitter quitter!). It's not on the site yet, but they are about to start selling 5 mL bottles. They also have a really, really awesome sampler. If you can't find enough juices for the sampler, you can double or triple up on a few juices if need be.

Tampa is almost like a palate refresher...well, at least for my palate. :laugh:

Mook, HHV is going to be a different kind of ride.

pillowking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
OKC
halo. oh halo. the juice that started me on the journey of vaping. I still have a whole shelf full of their empty glass bottles. I like them a whole lot and they are the reason why I'm reading the e-liquid forum high and low after numerous visits to the local vape stores. The local juices just taste fake (?) and strange to me. I placed an order of a somewhat small sample of 75(?)ml and 5 flavors from HHV a couple days ago and today made another order at ahlusion when I saw that they are taking orders for a 50ml sample. From what I can find out tho, it's gonna be a long loooooooooooong wait before I can get my grabby hands on the juices. And even longer before they are properly steeped. Best wishes to you on your journey to the new juices!

SkinniePost

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2012
Madison, WI
That's awesome that it worked for you! Guess what? I literally just got off the phone with Eric and ordered a 30 mL of Tampa 24 mg and a 5 mL of 35 mg ---> (just for the one-hitter quitter!). It's not on the site yet, but they are about to start selling 5 mL bottles. They also have a really, really awesome sampler. If you can't find enough juices for the sampler, you can double or triple up on a few juices if need be.

Tampa is almost like a palate refresher...well, at least for my palate. :laugh:

Mook, HHV is going to be a different kind of ride.

That line just slayed me, SMFS... Right in my wheelhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread