Rebuilding "new" Kanger Protank 3 heads - nichrome, or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I don't want to keep buying new coil heads, but at the same time I'd like to continue using my little Kanger tanks (Evod 2 and Mini-PT3). They both use the same ("new" dual coil, with the enclosed wick) heads. I've seen only one video on rebuilding these heads, they put a single vertical coil inside it with cotton "barrel" wicking and used it in a Genitank. I tried making the same coil (28g Kanthal, 7 wraps) and it came out about the same 1.8 ohms that the heads were before, but the performance is very poor, I get very little flavor and almost no vapor even when I turn it all the way up to 4.8v on my Evod-twist (I used to use the factory coils at 4.2v and they performed much better). I'm not looking for "clouds, bro" clouds or anything like that (I know I'm not going to get that from either of these tanks), just something similar to how the stock coil heads perform. I think the stock coils are nichrome, do you think I would have better luck with that (what gauge)? Or maybe a smaller Kanthal wire, or any other tips you might have for rebuilding these heads? I'd hate to have these tanks become permanently useless when my last coil head goes belly-up but I just don't wanna keep forking out the dough on little disposable parts anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread