Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I also agree with the above statements; almost reaching Nirvana (for now). I did just order some Smoketech 1.7 cartos for use on REOs that my current ERAs don't fit (and occasionally for a Phianic tank on VV tubes although I only use the Buzz Pro now days and only rarely) and I have about 75 x 2.7ohm Joye (major sale priced) stashed away. (Hope they store well. They should as they seem to have some kind of primmer in them.) I've broken out only two of those since the ERAs arrived. I've dumped all my "catastrophic stash" of used but cleaned attys/cartos. Hate to let go of the stash of expensive unused attys but may some day. (I have Cannons I never got around to trying.) Anxiously awaiting Robs modded RBAs and the ones from Germany to use on "smaller" REOs.

Maybe it's time to forgo the tanks that need cartos and try the Scubagens and iAtty I never played with on Buzz Pro. The day of not needing to purchase pre-mades for anything is just around the corner. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW..... ERA type BF RBAs are just so fuss free.

Feisty Alice

WannaGetHealthy

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
Texas
So I just placed an order for an a7 to use while I wait for the modded rebuildables to be offered by Rob (I can't help but support the man's ventures with the history I've had with his business). I ordered some prewound coils for some turn key satisfaction, but I already know that chances are, I'll end up winding my own before the first month is over.....so I've got a couple of quesitons:

Kanthal vs NiCr.....what's the story, morning glory?
I mix 80/20 juice that is sweeter than pure love and demand instant wicking for rapid chain vaping.....what's my best bet on SS mesh size?

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
So I just placed an order for an a7 to use while I wait for the modded rebuildables to be offered by Rob (I can't help but support the man's ventures with the history I've had with his business). I ordered some prewound coils for some turn key satisfaction, but I already know that chances are, I'll end up winding my own before the first month is over.....so I've got a couple of quesitons:

Kanthal vs NiCr.....what's the story, morning glory?
I mix 80/20 juice that is sweeter than pure love and demand instant wicking for rapid chain vaping.....what's my best bet on SS mesh size?

Congrats .... If you want a great vape you should wind your first coil before the first day is out .... not month.
If those pre-wound coils are the ones from Avid they are total crap ... I was given one or two and I couldn't make them vape for crap....... Yet the first coil I ever wrapped was fantastic ....20X better than the pre-wound junk.

As far as wire all I know is myself and 95% of everyone I've seen uses Kanthal A1 in either 32, 30, or 28 gauge.
The lower the gauge the thicker the wire .... and the thicker it is the lower the Ω is per inch.
So thinner (32) needs more wraps to achieve you desired resistance.

But thats all fine tuning just pick a wire and some silica wick throw 4 or 5 wraps around it screw it down and vape .....
Almost anything you do will be better than production attys or the pre-made coils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread