Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Until DV reopens, I'm eyeing some of the flavour concentrates available at Totally Wicked. Is the "menthol" actually the Mentholyptus, or is it just a straight menthol? I'm not big on menthol, but I'd like to try the Mentholyptus.

Also, are there any guidelines as to how much flavouring to mix with VG, or is it pretty much just trial-and-error?

Absinthe is still my favorite—it's the only liquid I carry around with me. :)

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Absinthe and Mentolyptus are my favourites... love them.. however I think the menthol is just menthol...

So I am waiting for DV to get that shop open too....lol

I mix the Platinum Ice with PG and VG as well as DV flavours ( Apple ) till he is back up and running and I use the recipe guide and it works well.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
The mentholyptus is strong menthol, plus eucalyptus and a twist of aniseed. If you don't like menthol, you may well not like mentholyptus, but it is a very different vape, so maybe...

The menthol flavour concentrate is just menthol (50% weight by volume in PG,) - the eucalyptus disagrees with the plastic dropper bottles, so I haven't been able to sensibly concentrate mentholyptus.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
The mentholyptus is strong menthol, plus eucalyptus and a twist of aniseed. If you don't like menthol, you may well not like mentholyptus, but it is a very different vape, so maybe...

The menthol flavour concentrate is just menthol (50% weight by volume in PG,) - the eucalyptus disagrees with the plastic dropper bottles, so I haven't been able to sensibly concentrate mentholyptus.

Ahhh, I see. Okay, thanks, that clears it up.

While I'm not a fan of Menthol ciggies, I do like the mentholyptus flavor (the Eucalyptus reminds me of my childhood in Australia), and the aniseed would be a huge bonus. I'll give it a shot when the store's reopened.

Thanks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

I really like the mentholyptus - as I've posted - it's a throat hit, nose hit, sinus hit, lung hit. lol. Interesting on the container.... I'll have to use the glass containers for that one. Any hints on what makes up the Habana Reserve? :) Is there a sandalwood component?

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I really like the mentholyptus - as I've posted - it's a throat hit, nose hit, sinus hit, lung hit. lol. Interesting on the container.... I'll have to use the glass containers for that one. Any hints on what makes up the Habana Reserve? :) Is there a sandalwood component?

There's smokey woodiness, yes. But not sandalwood ;)

This has already been covered on the TW forums, so I'll put you out of your misery - it's mesquite that give that wonderful (/hideous!) analog "licking an ashtray" quality.

I loved it when I first mixed it, but alas my palate has carried on evolving - I find it quite foul now.

In diluted form there's no problem with plastic droppers (oh, alright, I probably wouldn't leave it in one for a year, but for day-to-day portability it's no problem.) Just the mentholyptus concentrate - being 20x stronger - proves a little spirited.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There's smokey woodiness, yes. But not sandalwood ;)

This has already been covered on the TW forums, so I'll put you out of your misery - it's mesquite that give that wonderful (/hideous!) analog "licking an ashtray" quality.

I loved it when I first mixed it, but alas my palate has carried on evolving - I find it quite foul now.

In diluted form there's no problem with plastic droppers (oh, alright, I probably wouldn't leave it in one for a year, but for day-to-day portability it's no problem.) Just the mentholyptus concentrate - being 20x stronger - proves a little spirited.

Lol. I guess I should visit the TW forums... mesquite... hmmm. On a search... I ended up buying some of the PG based 36mg but I have nothing to dilute it with. The VG 11mg stuff I originally got was better tasting imo. I'm waiting for you to reopen to finish an order. Now I might need some 0 nic in H.Reserve.lol My palate hasn't went into that evolutionary change :) HR is still my favorite. Absinthe a close second. Thanks for the tips but I think I'll just wait until you start back up for the Habana Resrve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread