Status
Not open for further replies.

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Wouldn't know as I don't use carto's. rda for the win!
CARTOS?!?!
ACK!!!
Hate Hate HATE the taste of filler... :-x
But you can get a gry hit off a 510 atty while you're dripping if you don't pay attention...
Or any other device is you chain vape faster than it can wick...

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
I use cheesecloth wick with about a 2mm diameter coil all nice and evenly spaced, so I don't get dry hits unless I forget to refill and even then the cheesecloth keeps it from tasting burnt, instead theres just barely any vapor that comes out. If you haven't tried cheesecloth wick you're missing out.

Okay, I'll bite...
How the hell do you make a wick out of cheesecloth?!?!?
:blink:

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
You buy a 3 dollar roll of cheesecloth at walmart.

Cut off a smallish square of it and pull the threads apart. Stack the threads together.

Lay a single thread across the middle of the bundle.

Pinch it all up keeping the single thread across and around the bundle and twist the ends of that thread together with some saliva to for a small needle like point.

Fold the bundle of threads in half around the single thread and trim your edges so they're nice and even.

Thread the bundle through your coil using the leader thread you made.

Snip off the leader thread and you're set to vape on an amazing wick. Just don't dry burn it.

The whole process takes like 3 minutes in my dripper.

I also did this with my microcoiled CE4 clearo lol that took considerably more time (10 minutes or so) and skill.

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
You buy a 3 dollar roll of cheesecloth at walmart.

Cut off a smallish square of it and pull the threads apart. Stack the threads together.

Lay a single thread across the middle of the bundle.

Pinch it all up keeping the single thread across and around the bundle and twist the ends of that thread together with some saliva to for a small needle like point.

Fold the bundle of threads in half around the single thread and trim your edges so they're nice and even.

Thread the bundle through your coil using the leader thread you made.

Snip off the leader thread and you're set to vape on an amazing wick. Just don't dry burn it.

The whole process takes like 3 minutes in my dripper.

I also did this with my microcoiled CE4 clearo lol that took considerably more time (10 minutes or so) and skill.

Hell, I'll give it a try!
I'm pretty stoked on my 12 ply 2mm hemp twine, but whatever works best (without increasing toxicity) is what I'll use.
How does it effect the flavor?

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
It doesn't at all. It gives the most pure flavor I've found between Silica, Rolled Cotton, and Cheesecloth. I was picking up o the slightly sweet taste of natural cotton and didn't like it. The cheesecloth is more resistant to dry hits and recovers better from them flavor wise then the normal cotton or yarn. And it has zero flavor alteration.

Everybody I've talked to that has tried it has never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread