Please help ejuice DIY struggle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegfather3

May 22, 2015
Recently tried making ejuice my self purchased food grade VG and pg and flavors from flavor art Capella and the flavor apprentice , no nicotine . No matter what flavor I try to make it always taste absolutely horrible in my rda. They taste almost nothin like they are supposed to . I get a little bit of the taste for example the butterscotch taste maybe a tiny bit like it is supposed to but taste completely horrible, nauseating even . Makes me wanna throw up and quit . I don't know why it doesn't even taste decent just disgusting I don't know what in doing wrong please help

Thegfather3

May 22, 2015
Okay so your saying those extracts I'm. Buying are from legitimate companies and should taste fine . It is also perfectly fine normal for it to taste horrible right after a slight mix? So you think a nice steep would make it go from nasty to decent? I have some other flavors some vanilla custard , sweet cream Bavarian cream , all tasted horrible

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
I try not to use the cream and butter flavors since they are not super good for you...
too high of a percentage will just taste terrible especially without steeping, if the percentage is okay they still have that perfume like nasty flavor without appropriate steeping / mixing time.
there is a cotton candy flavor i got once that tasted like burnt plastic when too strong andfreshly mixed -- but after lots of mixing it actually tasted pretty good even though the percentage was a little higher than ideal.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
You just have to find a balance you like, those flavors are the same the professionals often use. Most of the flavors aren't great alone you have to find a good mix. The different flavors balance each other out. Try switching up your VG/PG ratios as well and if you are using nicotine try without just to make sure that isn't killing your flavor. Maybe even try some of the VG/PG unflavored and see if what you don't like is coming from that.

realmusclevapor

May 22, 2015
Recently tried making ejuice my self purchased food grade VG and pg and flavors from flavor art Capella and the flavor apprentice , no nicotine . No matter what flavor I try to make it always taste absolutely horrible in my rda. They taste almost nothin like they are supposed to . I get a little bit of the taste for example the butterscotch taste maybe a tiny bit like it is supposed to but taste completely horrible, nauseating even . Makes me wanna throw up and quit . I don't know why it doesn't even taste decent just disgusting I don't know what in doing wrong please help
TFA flavors are best used in 1-8% range also use a good calculator like ejuiceme up

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
QUOTE="Thegfather3, post: 15816768, member: 257555"]Okay so one question guys . From your experience it's perfectly normal for a cream flavor to taste horrible before a good steeping process?[/QUOTE]

Maybe Not Horrible. But Not Good before Steeping? Sure.

I also don't think I could Vaper something like Butterscotch without adding a Sweetener like TFA Sucralose.

BTW - I remember one of these threads where the OP said that EVERYTHING they made Taste like Dog Barf. Turns out it was the PG that the OP had. And nothing to do with Steeping or Flavoring Percentages or Nicotine Levels.

So... Have you tried Vaping just an Unflavored mix of your VG|PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread