Not open for further replies.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I've taken at least one swap that I didn't need, but I had what they wanted. It actually turned out well, as I was able to swap the thing I didn't need in the first place for something that I do need. :thumb: It all works out. Now, if we had our own little "Where do I get a..... for cheap" thread, that would have satisfied my last "want" and I think at least a few others, as that's where I got the idea to ask in that thread.

we have a thread like that...let me go find it and get you the link. :)

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
People will still have the option to offer something needed to somebody who has posted a request for a trade. You can simply offer whatever they need and not take anything in trade. So I don't think we've lost anything at all except for an easy way for PIF to be abused.

Jinx, Jinx.

lazymitch

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
Wilsonville, OR
I was once a member of a PIF type community and we struggled with this same issue for years - what we ultimately found out is that those who took advantage of the system stopped getting helped by the community *VERY* quickly. The moderator team would send "encouraging" PMs to those individuals.... some would start bringing something to the community, some would go away.

I think this change is good for this community, and I like the idea of the trades deal.

Being new, I've got little to offer, but I'm *RAPIDLY* getting there!

~Lazy~

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Well if I'm gonna think like anybody, I'm glad it's the smart, pretty lady!

The squirrel is pleased with this post.

hammy.jpg

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Keep an eye on "Swaps", you can always offer what they need and not take a swap for it...but just do it out on the open forum, like you know the squirrel wants you to.

::hangs head:: Yes ma'am :blush:

:) Love ya Bug.

love ya too Squirrely!

I was once a member of a PIF type community and we struggled with this same issue for years - what we ultimately found out is that those who took advantage of the system stopped getting helped by the community *VERY* quickly. The moderator team would send "encouraging" PMs to those individuals.... some would start bringing something to the community, some would go away.

I think this change is good for this community, and I like the idea of the trades deal.

Being new, I've got little to offer, but I'm *RAPIDLY* getting there!

~Lazy~

Well... welcome to our group Lazy! Sounds like you will fit in great here! (PS send me your addy, and you'll be one step closer!)

BTW: where's the "like your car" button? :)

lilith79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
MI
When the wants thread first started I thought it was a wishing thread....just for dreams and what not. Thus my first post about a mod, think it was a Chuck. I wasn't expecting someone to give me a Chuck though. ;)

I will say I'll miss that thread. But I understand why it must go away. :( I hope I wasn't considered one of the abusers of it. I tried to only post there rarely.

Curvychic

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
SE GA
I too will miss the wants thread, but understand why it must be laid to rest. My first ever PIF gift came from a response to my want post to try different juices (needed to find an all day vape). Jifjifjif was kind enough to send some samples. I didn't post wants often (I think only twice), but I did look through them on occassion to see if I could help anyone out. It's sad when the "bad apples" ruin it for the rest of it, but with the abuse of the thread....it's a good thing that it's gone. Thanks for all you do Mods to keep things even and fair!!! :D

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
giggle ...... at least one thing we can say for sure - the top is down, lol

pssst ... chelle misplaced her glasses yesterday, she might not have found them yet;)

LBug is the one who needs to find her glasses. :p (and no, I still can't find them :facepalm:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread