Page size

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Hi All. I'm having an odd problem with the site on my laptop that I can't figure out how to fix.

Everything on page 1 of the General vaping Discussion forum is much larger than normal. I have to scroll side to side in order to see the whole page. This is only on page 1 of the General vaping Discussion forum. If I go to page 2, or any other forum or thread, everything goes back to normal size and I can see the whole page on one screen without scrolling to the right.

It's really not that big of deal(especially since the forum has slowed down so much). It's just annoying. If anybody has ideas, please let me know.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Any add-ons ? Might be one of them.

Maybe boot Firefox in safe mode and see if it works better? If so, then start normally, turn them all off but one. If it's still ok, turn another on, and so on.

Find the Firefox icon on your desktop, in your taskbar, or in the Start menu; once you've found it, do the following:
  1. Hold down ⇧ Shift .
  2. Click or double-click the Firefox app icon.
  3. Release ⇧ Shift when Firefox opens.
  4. Click Start in Safe Mode when prompted.
  5. Troubleshoot Firefox as needed.
I run with Adblock Plus and NoScript, no problems, so if you have those, they are probably not the issue. But other addon, who knows ?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Thanks. I just tried Microsoft Edge and didn't happen. Now I just have to figure out why it happens with Firefox.

As David just suggested, you can try disabling each Firefox plugin (if using any) to see if one, or more, might be causing you problems. If one is causing the problem, see if there is a newer version for that plugin or find and try another one that offers similar functionality.

Worst case you may have to delete everything Firefox related and do a fresh install.
In the end that might be the quickest route to go.

Save your bookmarks file before deleting anything.
Also, jot down any passwords you may have saved in Firefox.
Alternatively, dig into the Firefox folder and find a file called "signons" - it contains all your saved logins and PW's - drag it to your desktop - after a fresh install replace the file in the new folder.

Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread