Original Phantom Brass Stingray Hybrid Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
If someone, anyone, can help me find an original Phantom Brass Stingray hybrid adapter, I will be forever indebted to you.

I have a Stingray X and it came with a hybrid adapter. Love the look and shorter dimension.

I also have an original (not the 2014 version) Phantom Brass stingray. I tried the Stingray X adapter with the PB 'Ray and it is the wrong thread. Searched the internet and found the following...

vaperrev.com said:
Works with genuine Stingray mods, except for the original Phantom Brass.

Vaperev Shop - Stingray Highbrind Adapter

Does anyone know where I can find a Hybrid adapter for the original PB 'Ray?

Help please!

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Thanks for the link.

The link says theirs are for clones. I own authentics. Since I already tried the adapter from the X on the PB and it didn't work, I don't think that those are going to work either.

The original PB is a special bird with different threads than all other Stingrays. I wish I could just find out what the threads are and possibly find an adapter that way.

:sigh:

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Not sure what the threads are on the PB SR, but my advice would be to try the tubes of some other mods to see what fits. Any decent vape shop should have enough different clones and let you play around with them. The regular SR's are 20x.5 threading, so we can pretty much rule that out. Nem's (and 99% of it's clones) are 20.5x.5, chi/king's are 21x1, and gp paps/gus/(most) caravelas and tons of others are 20x1. Chances are it would be 1 of those 3 (though the 21x1 is usually only on 23mm mods). Also they may have some atties to determine thread size too. The aqua would be a no go since that's 20x.5, but there's the 3d/dome (20.5x.5), the aios (21x1), the senior dripper/gp heron (20x1), hopefully you could find a match from some of those.

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Just received the following response from vaperev.com...

info@vaperev.com said:
Good Evening David,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we do not know the thread pitch on the original PB Stingrays as the manufacturer has not given us that information. There currently are no genuine hybrid adapters made for that version Stingray. We suggest contacting JD Tech directly via their Facebook. to inquire if they can make one for you or if they will be producing one. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Best Regards,

Vape Rev Team

Looks like I should have went to the source to begin with. D'oh! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread