One By One My Batteries Aren't Working In my Reo Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
OK so, my Reo Mini became my #1 FAVORITE mod the day I got it.
My provari went on the night stand and my Reo Mini went with my everywhere.
I LOVE it. I really do. The throat hit, the size, the looks, the taste.
I dont feel weird vaping from my little black box Reo Mini. I LOVE this mod! :)

Buuuuuuuut I don't get it?
Within the 1st week of using my Reo Mini, 1 of the batteries stopped working in it. :(
I seemed to have lost my battery tester in the garage so I couldn't test it.
I did know that when I put it on the charger, the charger light is GREEN, saying that its fully charged?
SO, I chalked it up to a battery that must of broke internally. :( A $10 broken battery. Sweet!

So, I'm vaping my reo mini everywhere. Here, there, over there, over here, I love it.
Today, ANOTHER battery has stopped working in my Reo Mini.
NOW I'm starting to wonder what the heck is going on? I'm starting to wonder if its not the batteries???

Like, what could be happening here?
I tried unscrewing the delrin insert but I couldn't get it off because of the juice tube.
when I tried pulling the juice tube off I heard sounds that almost resembled cracking? So I stopped?
But like... What the heck? Now I've only got ONE battery (and its not a very long lasting battery) to use in my FAVORITE mod? Which means that starting tonight... I'm NOT gonna be able to use my reo mini 24/7?

The batteries that stopped working are 2 different brands. 1 is an Efest 14500, and the other is an AW 14500.
So, I know it cant be the height or brand? Because my last battery is an Efest 14500 and its still working GREAT!
I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow without my Reo. This is gonna be horrible. :(

Does anyone know what could be causing my batteries to stop working?

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Take an emory board and scuff up the positive poles of your offending batteries and then wipe away the dust with a cotton ball damp with rubbing alcohol. It's possible they've accumulated some corrosion. You can do the same with very tip of your Mini's firing pin. Apply a small dab of Noalax after cleaning it.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
OK so, my Reo Mini became my #1 FAVORITE mod the day I got it.
My provari went on the night stand and my Reo Mini went with my everywhere.
I LOVE it. I really do. The throat hit, the size, the looks, the taste.
I dont feel weird vaping from my little black box Reo Mini. I LOVE this mod! :)

Buuuuuuuut I don't get it?
Within the 1st week of using my Reo Mini, 1 of the batteries stopped working in it. :(
I seemed to have lost my battery tester in the garage so I couldn't test it.
I did know that when I put it on the charger, the charger light is GREEN, saying that its fully charged?
SO, I chalked it up to a battery that must of broke internally. :( A $10 broken battery. Sweet!

So, I'm vaping my reo mini everywhere. Here, there, over there, over here, I love it.
Today, ANOTHER battery has stopped working in my Reo Mini.
NOW I'm starting to wonder what the heck is going on? I'm starting to wonder if its not the batteries???

Like, what could be happening here?
I tried unscrewing the delrin insert but I couldn't get it off because of the juice tube.
when I tried pulling the juice tube off I heard sounds that almost resembled cracking? So I stopped?
But like... What the heck? Now I've only got ONE battery (and its not a very long lasting battery) to use in my FAVORITE mod? Which means that starting tonight... I'm NOT gonna be able to use my reo mini 24/7?

The batteries that stopped working are 2 different brands. 1 is an Efest 14500, and the other is an AW 14500.
So, I know it cant be the height or brand? Because my last battery is an Efest 14500 and its still working GREAT!
I don't know what I'm gonna do tomorrow without my Reo. This is gonna be horrible. :(

Does anyone know what could be causing my batteries to stop working?

Since your Mini is new it would seem that it is not the problem. I would guess it is the charger. The multimeter would tell you straight up if they are coming off the charger fully charged. Many times chargers will just go bad, and you can't always tell if you are not checking batteries.

I do not see a reason for you to have to take off the delrin piece. You saying that when pulling on the tube you heard cracking concerns me. The gasket in the connector can be broken if the little post the tube slides on is moved too much. A broken gasket is likely to cause a short though and not just battery problems.

So, final thought is you need to make sure your charger is working properly.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I misplaced my multimeter and I have my brother looking for it but he lost my multimeter and my toolbox and he sort of laughs at me when I ask him where they might be so I'm guessing they are sitting in a pawn shop somewhere. I don't really have the money to buy or order a new multi meter, even if its only $5. I just LOST $80 today. It must of fallen out of my pocket in a wad. :(

Anyway... I don't think its the charger. Its the only charger I use and it charges my provari's batteries right up to 4.2 volts. I can test the batteries with my provari but I can't test the reo's batteries in my provari unfortunately.

I did find a weird instrument that tests electircal conductivity i believe. The duet and torret or whatever the heck it said? I put each clamp on each end of the 1st battery that went and the needed DID spike. I'm almost positive that the batteries have a charge. When I put the one that just stopped working in the reo, I can hear it JUST barely fire, VERY lightly... But its not firing well... I don't know what could be the problem because i'm almost 100% sure that they ARE being charged.

I feel like it my reo's firing pin. I may have bent it too far up? Is that possible?

:( Idk guys. I don't want to be without my reo tomorrow. I just found the video where they show you how to take your reo apart... But I'm confused about there part where he breaks something off with wire cutters? I don't want to break anything off lol. I kind of feel like I'm in the dark and I feel dumb for not understanding why my batteries are falling off the wagon out of nowhere.

I mean this last battery that stopped working was working perfectly fine. It was firing the atty GREAT. It had to be around 3.7-4 volts still because it was doing great, even with shorter drags, and then out of nowhere it stopped working.

:( idk

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
Another thought is that I have heard that if you discharge the batteries too far too often it will damage them such that they will not charge fully. You really need to find a way to measure the voltage of them to tell what's going on. Maybe try to figure a way to use your provari to check them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
It may also be something like Big Hitter Tim was talking about in another thread, where the button was getting pushed so hard that it was causing the top of the pin to "grab" the nipple (Huh huh huh huh huh... He said nipple).

Be gentle with the button bro.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I'm having problems with batteries in my VVG myself. I thought it was left-over from a bad charger I had and I replaced all in the summer with Xtar chargers. Anyway, when the VVG w/ the RBA are spent, I check them with my gizmo volt checker. One is like 3.5 but the other one doesn't even read...so I have to get the handy volt meter (real one) out with its leads and the bad battery checks out at 2.3 or something really low. So I was putting those in a pile and trying not to use them but got desperate anyway and went ahead and marked them and used them. Next time off out of the VVG, the marked battery is reading about 3.5 but the supposedly good battery is low- like 2.3V again. I'm stumped. It doesn't seem to matter if it's the top battery or lower battery. Anyway, I use my VVG until no more vapor and sometimes it's only a few minutes, especially if I let it sit in the mod over-night (even with the switch turned off). I have a good notion to just put all of these batteries aside and order new ones completely but then I think about the waste of money. Has anyone else ran into this? I can use the batteries...I still am vaping but I have 10 18350's and I tend to go through all of them in one day now...but once again, a haphazard battery comes out of the mod reading extra low while one of the batteries seems where it ought to be when the vapor disappears.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Seems like something is wrong there. I have 6 batteries for my VVG....and I usually go through 4 of them in a day. If it's a long day, I may change out another time a little before bedtime, but then that pair lasts quite awhile the next day. I haven't kept track of exactly how long they last, but I've been surprised....they've lasted longer than I thought they would (being as they're 700 mAh....)

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

Since your Mini is new it would seem that it is not the problem. I would guess it is the charger. The multimeter would tell you straight up if they are coming off the charger fully charged. Many times chargers will just go bad, and you can't always tell if you are not checking batteries.

I do not see a reason for you to have to take off the delrin piece. You saying that when pulling on the tube you heard cracking concerns me. The gasket in the connector can be broken if the little post the tube slides on is moved too much. A broken gasket is likely to cause a short though and not just battery problems.

So, final thought is you need to make sure your charger is working properly.

Two of my good, not too old, chargers are not charging one battery of set up as much as other battery but with those two the light just doesn't get green for that bay. (Maybe would if I left batteries on long enough but always a line up of batteries waiting.) One is six-bay; other two-bay same brand, though. If I take the fully charged out of bay or bay-set (for the six-bay) and reinsert not-fully-charged battery back in by itself it then charges up all the way in a short time. And it doesn't make a difference which bay I put it back in. It's not an always occurrence so not sure what is going on. One of the chargers even has the ability to bring overly discharged back up if they are still okay. Sure helps to have a multimeter. I keep a little do-hicky handy by chargers. It is the fastest way to check them with little hassle. Scott gave it to me and it has been a fabulous gift. I think he made it with a small gauge and two wires coming out of it. Very inexpensive parts but works GREAT! And less hassle than pulling out the MM. I'll see if I can find a link.

Hugs, Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I'm having problems with batteries in my VVG myself. I thought it was left-over from a bad charger I had and I replaced all in the summer with Xtar chargers. Anyway, when the VVG w/ the RBA are spent, I check them with my gizmo volt checker. One is like 3.5 but the other one doesn't even read...so I have to get the handy volt meter (real one) out with its leads and the bad battery checks out at 2.3 or something really low. So I was putting those in a pile and trying not to use them but got desperate anyway and went ahead and marked them and used them. Next time off out of the VVG, the marked battery is reading about 3.5 but the supposedly good battery is low- like 2.3V again. I'm stumped. It doesn't seem to matter if it's the top battery or lower battery. Anyway, I use my VVG until no more vapor and sometimes it's only a few minutes, especially if I let it sit in the mod over-night (even with the switch turned off). I have a good notion to just put all of these batteries aside and order new ones completely but then I think about the waste of money. Has anyone else ran into this? I can use the batteries...I still am vaping but I have 10 18350's and I tend to go through all of them in one day now...but once again, a haphazard battery comes out of the mod reading extra low while one of the batteries seems where it ought to be when the vapor disappears.
I wish I had a answer for you Dave I no you vape heavy like i do . I have about ten batteries myself some of them are not lasting long . I no its time for some new batteries . I will start checking the voltage to see were there at when I replace them . I no if there a matched set they will come out of the mod at the same voltage how many are a matched set I am unsure of

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas

If I were you, I'd order two or three new pairs of batteries. Recharge them exclusively with your Xtar chargers and swap them out for freshly charged batteries after every 3mLs vaped. Give your discharged batteries a few hours to rest before and after recharging. If you still experience the same issues with uneven discharges, you can bet good money the VV chip in your VVGrand has gone wonky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread