NZ CLS/CB vs 6mg CLS/CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gators

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Virginia, USA
This is strictly a comparison of nearly fresh out of the bottle (FOOB) Crème Brulee (CB) and Custards Last Stand (CLS) at near-zero (NZ) and 6 mg of nicotine. I am only giving Clark my opinion of the two versions because he was curious to get a little feedback comparing the liquids fresh at the two nic levels. I was not compensated in any way, and all liquid was purchased prior to the request. I don’t think he expected me to post this in the forums, but I don’t think he’ll mind.

I will say this – when I first tried the NZ liquids, they were about 18 days old from mixing and I did not enjoy them much, but they have improved quite a bit after another week or so. Since they have a higher VG ratio, they probably need a significant amount of longer steep than the other nic levels.

CB.jpg

Crème Brulee (from Left to Right):
Nz mg – Bottled 4/16/14 (mixed on or around 4/1/14)
6 mg – Bottled 4/23/14 (mixed on or around 3/17/14)
6 mg – Bottled 3/16/14
6 mg – Bottled 2/13/14

Equipment: Reo Grand (new contacts), RM2 @ 0.8 ohms, boiled organic cotton

Crème Brulee: 4/1/14 NZ vs 3/17/14 6mg

The NZ is slightly more viscous, but not as thick as I would expect considering it is “MaxVG.” Clouds are comparable. I don’t think the NZ produces a significantly noticeable amount more than the 50/50 PG/VG mix of the 6mg, which is a little surprising, but maybe the flavor boost has something to do with it. I’m not a cloud chaser so no disappointment for me.

Obviously, the throat hit (TH) is quite different. The TH of the NZ is nearly non-existent, while the 6mg is right where I like it. – vapable non-stop for hours without a sore throat.

The flavor also has quite a bit of distinction between the two versions, but there are some things to keep in mind. If I remember correctly, Clark said that the 6mg CB was mixed around 3/17, while the NZ was mixed on 4/1. That’s a full two weeks of extra steep time for the 6mg. Also, with the NZ being in MaxVG, it will typically take even longer to steep. That being said, the flavor is definitely more pronounced in the 6mg. It is definitely creamier, and I want to say that it is even a little sweeter but I can’t really decide. I think the uncertainty is because I find the flavor in the NZ to be a little less natural and complete as the 6mg. As of now, I definitely prefer the 6mg, but it may be different a couple months from now.

CLS.jpg

Custards Last Stand (from Left to Right):
Nz mg – Bottled 4/16/14 (mixed on or around 4/1/14)
6 mg – Bottled 4/23/14 (mixed on or around 4/1/14)
6 mg – Bottled 3/16/14
6 mg – Bottled 2/24/14
6 mg – Bottled 2/6/14

Equipment: Reo Grand (new contacts), RM2 @ 0.8 ohms, boiled organic cotton

Custards Last Stand: 4/1/14 NZ vs 4/1/14 6mg
Same equipment, same set up, new wicks. This is a more level playing field between the two versions, as long as I have the dates right. The NZ seems even more viscous in CLS than in CB, but again, not much difference in the amount of clouds between the NZ and the 6mg CLS.

The TH in the fresh 6mg CLS is stronger than the 6mg CB, but still not much from the NZ.

Even at the same mix date, the 6mg has a much bolder, fuller flavor. But the difference here is that the NZ version seems to be creamier. I still think the 6mg has a more natural and complete flavor than the NZ counterpart.

Conclusion

For both CB and CLS, I found a significant difference in TH and flavor between the NZ and 6mg versions of the same liquid when sampling fresh. My initial assumption is that I will always prefer the 6mg version to the NZ, but if I ever need to cut nic out of my life completely, hopefully the NZ versions will steep well enough to the point where I won’t notice much of a difference, if at all.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
This is fantastic feedback.

You are spot on - the 6mg bottles in your possession are pre-steeped longer than the near-zero bottles.

Because the NZ bottles contain 50% more flavoring, and, approx 80% VG (as opposed to 50%) - they will take longer to steep.

I agree on the throat hit - much smoother vape. Personally, I like a little so I stick with 6mg. That said, I have been experimenting with mixing NZ and 6mg to get to approx 3mg and have gotten good results. NZ is still not in my personal sweet spot yet - I drip a little periodically to test it, but it's still "young" - comparatively speaking.

Well done - I am really interested in hearing about how those bottles develop for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread