• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NR-R-NR Wire - The new sensation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Firstly, don't ask nor PM me where to get, you should know where to.
Legality: Use be used for totally normal legal heat resistance cutting wire usage, you go figure (pls don't discuss/debate such issues here)

Now for the review and share this new sensation in the market.
Got myself three packs, each comes in 100 pieces ranging from smallest 1.5, 1.8, 2.2 and 2.5ohm. (32-33AWG)
Capture.jpg
Cons: none, except those using it for drippers might find the wire too thin and can break when overtightened.
Material - Nichrome, oxidised to reduce shorting.
Most suitable for : Clearomizers such as Vivi Nova and especially BCC such as Evod, Protank etc. with cotton
Each pack of 100 pcs costs only $US2-3+, can easily last more than a year or more depending on how often you change your coil.
Ease of Use: super easy, pull one out, and you'll know how to use. Best to wrap around 2mm watch maker, resistance reading is near perfect to rating.

Due to its crazy benefits, makes me totally throw aside all my Kanthals from 32-28awg.
Here's Why.

1) Fires instantly like crazy unlike anything you've used before. First use on the 1.8 ohm. fires like Mach 3 missile with zero lag with Mount Olympus clouds, beats my 28awg at 1.2ohm Kanthal, which is shocking.
Most likely is due to : Non-resistance wire with much better conductivity like lighting up a light bulb. Yes, it glows your coil instantly super bright.

2) Cost Savings - Totally protects your rubber grommets even after prolong usage, your rubber grommet is like new. Unlike normal Kanthal which will leave burn marks once it gets too hot. This means your coil head can last a very long time.

3) Low Heat - Chain vape like crazy, and the bottom your protank still feels only slightly warm, totally unreal. Completely different from normal resistance wire, which will make you tank super hot and either destroys your rubber grommet or leave burn marks to shorten its lifespan.

4) Crazy vapour production like sub-ohm - possibly due to the NR-R-NR combi, you can stuff much thicker cotton into the coil and it can will strangely suck out juice like a boss, which is adds to the incredible vapour production. Unlike normal resistance wire, whereby it can create a burn taste when your stuff overly think cotton, it strangely doesn't happen to this wire.

Strange part is, it doesn't burn your cotton as much as normal resistance wire. this might be again due to its higher efficiency in vapour production.

5) Best part - once you create a micro coil (tested on the 2.2 ohm).
Just use a plier and compress it then heat it for 10 secs, the micro coil is so small looking (only 1.5mm thickness) and unimpressive at first but fires vapour like crazy. Next comes the unimaginable - the coolest vape I have ever tested in my past year of vaping.

You can pull > 10 secs lung inhale on a clearomizer, and the cool vapour just piles on and on like RDA

6) With such wires, you don't need stupendous slow-firing thick 26-28 awg wires anymore.

7) For those using on Ego battery - The 2.2-2.5 ohm totally prolongs your ego battery life as it draws lesser current with tons of vapour compared to if you had used a a lower resistance coil at say 1.5 ohm.

Get it at all costs or you'll regret.:D

Reactions: Foggy Road

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It has nothing to do with the NR wires. Thinner wires do lite up a lot faster than thicker wire. I have 24AWG, even when ohms is lower than 28AWG setup, it does fire a little longer but once its fully fired up, it's hotter and produce a lot more vapor just that it needs starting time.

At first I thought so too...thinner wires..logical..fires faster.. but this NR-R-NR is completely different animal, the 32awg fries even much faster than normal single resistance 32awg..which I have and used to coil before..

because..

further analysis reveals that when pure resistance wire is used, part of power loss goes through the leads.....whereas the NR-R-NR creates a central focused power all on the coil itself, with the NR leads meant to conduct pure electricity which explains its higher vapour production ability..

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy Road

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Video speaks a thousand words.
Device: just a normal Ego 650Mah battery with Pheonix mini RDA with the 2.2 ohm NR-R-NR wire on cotton (1mm Nano coil mode).
Liquid: Hangsen Melon.

Verdict : Crazy .... stuff, 100% better than my 28awg at 1.4 ohm, this is simple unbelievable considering I am using only the 2.2 ohm wire. Looking at the way it blows clouds is an amazement by itself, you can even make some rhythmic music with the instant firing response.

As can be observed, the vapour production is craziesssst .... ever happen to my mini..RDA..the power is all focused on the coil itself.

another big advantage:

1)Previously my mini RDA at 1.4ohm using 28Awg nano coil always gets very hot after a few vapes...but with this animal, little heat travels to the centre post...hence you can again...like clearomizers..chain vapes like crazy without worrying about heat..

2) Save your Ego battery life with less power consumed at higher vapour production efficiency.

Kindly do Not give sceptical comments until you try it urself.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think I understand this. So when you build a coil with it, the amount of wraps doesn't change the resistance?

My use would be for an rda.

Can someone please clarify?

Thanks

Yes, the first two basic advantage of such coils:

1) Regardless of nano, micro coil or space-out coils, the resistance remains consistent. Resistance coils are rated as resistance/inch.
2) The resistance area is uniformly oxidized, which reduced shorting.

The fact that it protects rubber grommets for clearomizers and reduces much heat to centre post for RDA is already worth a gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread