Now that I got my SB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX
I want to get the most out of my vaping experience. I probably sound like an idiot but I'll ask anyway. I've been using a 510 regularly up until I got my SB earlier this week. Other than the constant battery swapping everything has been excellent. My question is this.. are 801 or 901 attys better than the 510's? I've been searching and I haven't found anything that really answers my questions. I've been on the same 510 Atty since early November and it's still kickin out vapor like crazy and measures out at 2.9 ohms. I do vape constantly (too much sometimes!). I read somewhere around here that the 901's carts hold more liquid and have to be topped off less. When I run my SB at 6v I get massive throat hits and vapor but in the long run I don't wanna constantly run at 6v mainly because it burns up juice quite a bit quicker. At 3.7v It's better than a fresh charged stock batt. But I find myself vaping more 24mg than my original marlbro 18mg to get that extra kick. I've tried various cart mods from PTB, PTB+Straw, Tulle, Polyfill batting etc and to me they're honestly all the same. So I'm just wondering if I'm getting as good as it gets or is there better without costly experimentation. Hehe if my wife only knew how much I've spent so far "experimenting" I'd be WakaDEAD :D. Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
I'm biased to the 510, so keep that in mind.

I have tried 801s in the Jantystick and VAPRE51 (AKA: VP1) and HATED it. Vapor was too cool (temp and feeling), flavor was unsatisfying because of the cool vapor, and throat hit was minimal. In comparison when I use my GG-T or SB at 3.7v on the 510 everything is more intensified and more satisfying.

I prefer having more robust flavor and more throat hit, so I stick to 510 vaping only now. In fairness, many think the 510 is harsher, but I have had no complaints myself.

I rocked a .... sucker's (my new coined term for cig smokers) need for a smoke right out with a 510 and my sb at 3.7

I loaded it down he took 3 full pulls on inhaling them and put his cig right out.. Cards info and a set up fully loaded 510 with something good to try out..

Now he is considering a SB and spare attys also.

M3Tyler

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
So. Cal
I've got to say, I love my 510's. They are quite simply workhorses. I've only had a couple I retired due to lackluster performance, and I've got numerous failures on my 901, 801 and 401 atty's so far. I find the 510 gives me the best balance of throat hit, flavor and durability.

It's also worth mentioning that a lot of juices are going to vary with 3.7v & 5/6v vaping. I've got some juices that barely give me any flavor at 3.7v, while at 5/6v take on a whole new meaning of flavor.

My suggestion would be to try all of your juices at both 3.7v and 5/6v and find which taste better to you and split them up accordingly. As for which atty you're going to end up with long term, well, that's very subjective. You'll get a different opinion from everyone on that. Just try them all at various voltages and decide for yourself what you personally prefer...

Cart mods; well, I was an avid cart guy for a long time. I refused to give up and tried all of the mods under the sun; PTB, straw mod, coffee filters, you name it...I eventually just threw in the towel and started direct dripping on the atty. Took a while to figure out that you can't just drip 1-2 drops, especially on 6v. With a 510, I'll drip 4-5 drops and ensure the atty never glows red, otherwise you'll get a burnt taste (especially @ 6v)

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
801 attys perform totally different at 3.7 and at 6v.

510 is good..

801s at 6v are very good. carts are larger and you arent topping off as much. vape is cooler but very enjoyable.

get yourself some adapters from altsmoke to run 801s and 901s and see which works best for you.. simple solution.

The little bit of extra juice at 5 or 6vs is totally worth it for me to get a good vape everytime!

jb88

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
I can't be any help when it comes to which atty is better as I only used a 510. For the 901 cart, that's what I use on my 510 along with the blue foam mod, takes a bit to get the foam size right so it wont leak, but once you get it right it works well and you can almost get it dry, a full cart can last me for about an hour while vaping almost constantly.

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
Wow, jb88, would love to know your secret..... With a 510 or 901, I add approx 12-14 drops to cart and 2 drops on atty...... First I get a slight leak and then I get about 10 drags...... I would be in Vaper Heaven if I could vape for 1 hour.....

So, I got the GG Transformer and get the above result, hope to get the AFS soon...... Then I should be able to vape for hours on 2-3 ml of liquid..... Also, for me, 3.7 is too weak and 6.0 too harsh...... The ASF supposedly is going to be like a 5.0 volt. And I ordered the GLV 5.0 v Mod..... I got some bucks invested in this thing......

Right now am using my Titan 510 with a PassThrough running at 5.0 Volts...... To me, that is almost like a anaolog..... Good taste, good throat hit and good vapor production.....

Sorry, I expected more from the Silver Bullet..... Have enjoyed the rest of the products, I have bought from AltSmoke...... Maybe it is my fault, and just expected too much from the Bullet after reading all the hype.....

Last edited:

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Wow, jb88, would love to know your secret..... With a 510 or 901, I add approx 12-14 drops to cart and 2 drops on atty...... First I get a slight leak and then I get about 10 drags...... I would be in Vaper Heaven if I could vape for 1 hour.....

So, I got the GG Transformer and get the above result, hope to get the AFS soon...... Then I should be able to vape for hours on 2-3 ml of liquid..... Also, for me, 3.7 is too weak and 6.0 too harsh...... The ASF supposedly is going to be like a 5.0 volt. And I ordered the GLV 5.0 v Mod..... I got some bucks invested in this thing......

Right now am using my Titan 510 with a PassThrough running at 5.0 Volts...... To me, that is almost like a anaolog..... Good taste, good throat hit and good vapor production.....

Sorry, I expected more from the Silver Bullet..... Have enjoyed the rest of the products, I have bought from AltSmoke...... Maybe it is my fault, and just expected too much from the Bullet after reading all the hype.....
As I said before, Make sure your battery is fully charged....................

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread