gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0181.jpg

In the frig to rest until tomorrow morning.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Super Easy Peach Cobbler

Ingredients

1 large (29) ounce can sliced peaches - drained
2 sticks or 1 cup of butter - melted
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons baking powder

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°.
Pour drained can of peaches into skillet or 9x13 baking dish.
Pour melted butter over the peaches.
Mix sugar, flour, milk and baking powder together to form batter.
Pour batter over peaches and butter.
Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until top is golden brown and edges are crispy.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Made this today! All I can say is it's all gone! Thanks for sharing this one empteeteacup! Yummmmmmy!

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Poached Pears

How to Poach Pears | David Lebovitz

Here's mine.

0da9a6e511a3e62537490bc250af3a1b.jpg

And make sure to boil that liquid down to a thick sauce. For the remaining sauce out it into the fridge and you have a nice caramel the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my gosh, Wheats, that looks fantastic! I love pears and have to remember to try this - THX!

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
IMG_0186.jpg

They are in the smoker. Will take them to 195F take them out, foil them and let them rest for 2hrs before slicing a vacuum sealing. Trying to make sure to keep the temp low so they don't get done too fast. Would like it to take about 10hrs+.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 10

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
IMG_0187.jpg IMG_0188.jpg

Pastrami to the left and Mustard rub to the right. Resting before slicing.

IMG_0191.jpg

Pastrami Rub
4 tablespoons fresh coarsely ground black pepper
2 tablespoons coriander powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder

Mustard Rub
Yellow mustard and the spice packet in the corned beef package.

Soak the store bought corned beef in water for 24 hours to remove the salt. Change the water ever 2 hours for the first 4-6hrs and then 4-5 more times the remainder of the time. I also used ice as I didn't have room for a 5 gallon bucket in my frig. After 24hrs, remove from the water and pat dry.

For the pastrami, coat in a very light layer of olive oil, just enough for the rub to stick and then put the rub on, covering the whole corned beef.

For the mustard rub, just squeeze a generous amount on the fat side of the corned beef and smear it on to cover. Next, sprinkle on the spice packet.

Put your corned beef in the frig, uncovered, for 12-24hrs.

Fire up your smoke with the wood, pellets or chips of your choice and heat to 250-275F. Once the internal temp of the corned beef reaches 195F, remove from the smoker and let it set for at least an hour before slicing.

Last edited:

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Because March Madness, like everything else, is better with bacon!

Grilled Shrimp

2 lbs of large, raw shrimp - peeled and deveined, tails left on
1 lb pkg of bacon. Thick cut won't work very well ... Use the ordinary thin stuff
2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced the long way
Barbecue sauce - whatever suits your fancy
Toothpicks

Preheat grill to hot. 500 degrees or so is good.
Cut bacon in half. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften and barely begin cooking.
Assemble shrimp: put a slice of jalapeño on a shrimp. Wrap shrimp with bacon. Skewer with a toothpick. (This is a pain in the ...., but it's worth it. Trust me.)
Brush shrimp with barbecue sauce. Grill. Flip. Brush on more sauce. Grill. Flip again, if you want and repeat process.

You can grill around a dozen or so of these at a time, without losing track of where you are in the grill/paint/flip process. 3 dozen (2 lbs of shrimp) last about 5 minutes, if there are 4 guys watching the basketball game. Thus, the chef has to eat hers as soon as they come off the grill :). I was vaping Frenilla while grilling, but I suspect they'd go even better with Atlanta ...

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Because March Madness, like everything else, is better with bacon!

Grilled Shrimp

2 lbs of large, raw shrimp - peeled and deveined, tails left on
1 lb pkg of bacon. Thick cut won't work very well ... Use the ordinary thin stuff
2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced the long way
Barbecue sauce - whatever suits your fancy
Toothpicks

Preheat grill to hot. 500 degrees or so is good.
Cut bacon in half. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften and barely begin cooking.
Assemble shrimp: put a slice of jalapeño on a shrimp. Wrap shrimp with bacon. Skewer with a toothpick. (This is a pain in the ...., but it's worth it. Trust me.)
Brush shrimp with barbecue sauce. Grill. Flip. Brush on more sauce. Grill. Flip again, if you want and repeat process.

You can grill around a dozen or so of these at a time, without losing track of where you are in the grill/paint/flip process. 3 dozen (2 lbs of shrimp) last about 5 minutes, if there are 4 guys watching the basketball game. Thus, the chef has to eat hers as soon as they come off the grill :). I was vaping Frenilla while grilling, but I suspect they'd go even better with Atlanta ...
Well, this is another one that sounds fantastic! Great recipe, Little Bird. You had me at bacon, shrimp and barbecue sauce. I can definitely see how a few guys could put these away before the chef got hers -- smart gal you are eating them straight from the grill. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread