New York raises age of tobacco purchase to 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranic85

Moved On
Sep 12, 2013
Earth
Votes dont make any difference, democracy is an illusion, money makes the difference.
From a quote I saw today which encapsulates todays world (and yesterdays)

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."
Upton Sinclair

Democracy is evil, just ask our founding fathers. A democracy, the majority aka the zombies, win while the minority gets screwed.

re·pub·lic
riˈpəblik/
noun
noun: republic; plural noun: republics

a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

I really get upset when people call our great nation a democracy. The Pledge of Allegiance says, "And to the republic, for which it stands."

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
Democracy is evil, just ask our founding fathers. A democracy, the majority aka the zombies, win while the minority gets screwed.

re·pub·lic
riˈpəblik/
noun
noun: republic; plural noun: republics

a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

I really get upset when people call our great nation a democracy. The Pledge of Allegiance says, "And to the republic, for which it stands."

So, the majority dont win and the minorities dont get screwed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread