New Vapors, Where to Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PG, VG, Nic% PV, VV, VW, RBAs, mechs, box, cartos, clearos, Attys, DIYs. What the hell is with all the jargon?
I am new to this sceene I have an e go c upgrade 1000 with the vivi nova v1 (fats) and I love it. I love my PV so much I got my mom one ( former smoker for at least the 30 years I've been alive) she is now smoke free for two months.

Before this gets too long wined I would like to share where I got most my info from.

I love looking at videos on YouTube I came across two channels that taught me a lot. One is man by the name of Grimm Green the other is PBusardo.

Grimm green on his channel he has a video play list that's just for noobs like us. He is kinda wirey but funny. He dumbs the whole thing down so you can catch up on all that has happened over the last 4-5 years in the world of vaping.

Now PBusardo he does a lot of reviews for devices juices mods you name it he is very funny but has a way of talking over my head at times.

Next time you are on YouTube check them out, have a vape and learn a bit. I hope this helped some of us noobs, it sure helped me.

Vape, Kill the poultion, save a cloud! :D

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I am new to this sceene I have an e go c upgrade 1000 with the vivi nova v1 (fats) and I love it. I love my PV so much I got my mom one ( former smoker for at least the 30 years I've been alive) she is now smoke free for two months.

Congrats to both of you. You don't need a lot of jargon to start vaping - I didn't know what any of the attachments or parts were called when I rushed into a corner store after work one day and asked if they had electronic cigarettes. I've been smokefree over a year now. I picked up the lingo as I went along and identified my vaping needs more clearly. I like Phil Busardo's videos, and there are some other very good reviewers from the vaping community. There's plenty of us here on ECF willing to answer questions and help out too.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
There is SO MUCH information out there I've been on my ego for about 4 months and I can't even stand the smell of analogs now. It's kinda crazy how easy the transition was.

I know - you can stop smoking and enjoy it. Some folks get some withdrawal symptoms going on. My health improved dramatically after just few days.

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
I was as your situation, around a month or two ago. I also want to get the best for my case so I don't have to keep buying again and again, but you'll see as you read more.

Let see, where should I begin. There are two things first, fluid and hardware. On hardware, there are 2 things, the body (battery) and the top (the device to hold fluid)

Fluid: you can mix it yourself with: PG, VG, nicotine, and flavor. There is a calculator to help mixing juices.
Hardware, Body (battery): to me, there are 3 main categories: I begin with ego twist and vision spinner (let wipe those little one below these two aside), then mod, and mechanical mod. You can search on yahoo to see what are these 3 types look like.

Ego Twist and vision spinner are the smallest of the 3, and also the weakest of the 3. I like their sizes, but they don't last my day well enough.

Mod is a variable voltage just like ego twist and vision spinner, but it uses separate battery so you can take the battery out to charge and use the device with another battery. Most mod have variable wattage. I love this feature. For mod, you can search on Vamo, Tesla, Provari, and many more. I like mod the most.

Mechanical mod is a metal tube without any electrical board, not a variable voltage, not a variable wattage. It also use separate battery, but no other feature that mod has. It looks beautiful and people are saying that it "never" go bad, or it'll last forever. I like mod, not mechanical mod, because of those features mod has.

Hardware, device to hold juice: which attach to the top of the body (battery). There are 3 type (as I know) of this type of device: cartomizer, clearomizer, and genesis tank type. On cartomizer, there is also a tank that hold juice for the cartomizer. It's called carto tank, so maybe we can say there are 4 types? I would say you should buy at least 1 or 2 clearomizer to start with (I did). I start out with a non-rebuiltable clearomizer: the stardust, or you can call it a CE, and an MT3. MT3 is rebuiltable. You can go to youtube to search for "rebuild MT3" or "rebuild T3".

Hope this helps.

On quitting smoke. It's hard for me because I like to smoke too much. While vaping, I still smoke, but I slow down a lot. I used to smoke 1 to 1.5 pack a day. Between 3 to 4 cartons a month. When I decided to vape, I reduced to 5 to 10 cigs a day, then 3 to 5 cigs a day, and then 1 or 2 a day. After a month or so, some day I don't smoke at all, some days back to 3 cigs. I officially out of cig since 2 days ago and now I wish that I can have one.

I think what helps me the most on quiting cig is not just vaping, but making this vaping thing a hoby. I have been so busy learning how to recoil/rewick with cotton (trying to stay away from silica). Then I moved on to learn genesis type tank, with stainless steel rope/mesh wick. Since people can do it, I want to be able to do it too. Staying up and work on it day and night. Vape the hell out of myself until I feel sick of vaping. Watch pbusardo and grim green until I am sick of watching youtube. Messing with juice until I am sick on its smell. When I leave my desk, walk out of my room, I want a cig again. Then I go back and mess with them some more. My clothes and room is stink as hell now. My wife run out right when she walked in. My kids won't come in anymore. I guess I will have to move these stuff to the garage.

Good luck.

edited:
wow, I didn't know I type that much. Let me conclude on my suggestion to you. Maybe it will be valuable, since I am new as you are, just a month earlier.

On body (battery): get mod. The cheapest but worth the money is Vamo.

On top device, hold fluid: for clearomizer, get Kanger protank. For genesis type, maybe get RSST. I don't have much experience on recoil/rewick this type yet, but I know that the genesis type give you more taste. The clearomizer type give you more smell. I feel that the clearomizer give me the feeling closer to smoking.

On battery charger, definitely get the Nitecore intelligent charger. This is for mod and mechanical mod.

On flavor, search on Wizardlabs.com. You can get PG/VG there too but they are not the cheapest, still pretty good price. Don't get too much. I got several gallons and now I am crying for space in my refrigerator.

PG, VG, Nic% PV, VV, VW, RBAs, mechs, box, cartos, clearos, Attys, DIYs. What the hell is with all the jargon?

Before this gets too long wined I would like to share where I got most my info from.

I love looking at videos on YouTube I came across two channels that taught me a lot. One is man by the name of Grimm Green the other is PBusardo.

Grimm green on his channel he has a video play list that's just for noobs like us. He is kinda wirey but funny. He dumbs the whole thing down so you can catch up on all that has happened over the last 4-5 years in the world of vaping.

Now PBusardo he does a lot of reviews for devices juices mods you name it he is very funny but has a way of talking over my head at times.

Next time you are on YouTube check them out, have a vape and learn a bit. I hope this helped some of us noobs, it sure helped me.

Vape, Kill the poultion, save a cloud! :D

Last edited:
rnln:9723271 said:
I was as your situation, around a month or two ago. I also want to get the best for my case so I don't have to keep buying again and again, but you'll see as you read more. :D
[/QUOTE]
This is all great information. I think my next purchase will be the chrome vamo. It has all the bells and whistles for a great price the provari is a little put of my price range, and the vamo has so many different form factors and would look great with my vivo nova tanks. Down side to the vamo is the chrome wears off. If it's a problem I will take it to the chrome shop and have it tripple dipped (I know a guy). Did the same thing to some first gen craigers I had on my elcamino. The chrom lasted 10 years outside with polishing only once a year. I think the chrome they use is an elctro paint not electro plating.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
This is all great information. I think my next purchase will be the chrome vamo. It has all the bells and whistles for a great price the provari is a little put of my price range, and the vamo has so many different form factors and would look great with my vivo nova tanks. Down side to the vamo is the chrome wears off. If it's a problem I will take it to the chrome shop and have it tripple dipped (I know a guy). Did the same thing to some first gen craigers I had on my elcamino. The chrom lasted 10 years outside with polishing only once a year. I think the chrome they use is an elctro paint not electro plating.

Do you prefer chrome over stainless steel Robert? I have two chrome Vamos myself. Not a preference for me per se, just what was there when I bought them. They do come in stainless steel which doesn't wear. My chrome one only had one small wear spot on it after months, under the fire button. My gunmetal one looks like new - but hasn't seen as much use since the chrome has worked so well. Some people had issues with the gunmetal chrome wearing off too easily. But if I was buying one right now I'd get stainless steel.

Last edited:

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
For $5 diff (if I remember right), you can get the ss Vamo. In reality, the ss vamo looks much better compare to picture.

This is all great information. I think my next purchase will be the chrome vamo. It has all the bells and whistles for a great price the provari is a little put of my price range, and the vamo has so many different form factors and would look great with my vivo nova tanks. Down side to the vamo is the chrome wears off. If it's a problem I will take it to the chrome shop and have it tripple dipped (I know a guy). Did the same thing to some first gen craigers I had on my elcamino. The chrom lasted 10 years outside with polishing only once a year. I think the chrome they use is an elctro paint not electro plating.[/QUOTE]

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
By all means, go for the SS Vamo - others are just a fingerprint magnet which can be tiring.
Would have loved to help more - but - what can I add to what rnln has said? Vamo? Protank? I wish I had started with that setup - it will work well and for a good time. Hell, the protank is still a nice vape even with all my expensive gear - it's just a good device and I still use them today as they are SO convenient and a glass tank.

PUFF DAD e

Jun 5, 2013
London, UK
I've been on my ego for about 4 months and I can't even stand the smell of analogs now. It's kinda crazy how easy the transition was.

Same for me 34 years smoking 40 Benson and Hedges a day ( I still lie about that probably more like 50) :) not touched one for 15 weeks I was so impressed with the whole concept I set up a company selling them which is moving along quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread