New to nic salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Keep in mind that with nic salts, it's not really about the amount of nic, but how fast it hits your bloodstream. As fast/faster than a smoke, and WAY faster than freebase (that's the bottom line of the chart). This chart (which depicts the measured level of nic in bloodstream after taking a hit) comes from a lawsuit against Pax (juul), and is essentially the same chart Juul used in their multiple patents. They're the ones that really developed the nic salts idea, designed to mimic the effect of smokes. And it worked. Part of the reason for going as high as 50mg, though, is because their (and other) pod systems don't deliver as much vapor as a typical rta, so be careful.

I've ordered nic salts for my diy, so that I might actually reduce chain vaping a little (haven't rec'd yet). Researching it, this is part of what I discovered. Most people don't seem to understand how efficient it actually is in delivering the nic hit.
upload_2019-1-8_23-27-23.png

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Wow, this 50mg is powerful stuff. 2 hits and I'm good, get great buzz like I haven't had in ages.
I think I'd like to get some 35mg or so for casual vaping, but this 50mg will come in handy especially for car travel and while I'm working on my commercial fishing boat, where sometimes all I can get in is a hit or two.

Any suggestions for online stores for nic salts, with great flavor? I think I've converted.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Wow, this 50mg is powerful stuff. 2 hits and I'm good, get great buzz like I haven't had in ages.
I think I'd like to get some 35mg or so for casual vaping, but this 50mg will come in handy especially for car travel and while I'm working on my commercial fishing boat, where sometimes all I can get in is a hit or two.

Any suggestions for online stores for nic salts, with great flavor? I think I've converted.

I think everyone sells salts these days. I don't have any specific suggestions for premade as I don't use nicotine anymore.. but everyone makes a salt, I even used to get it for my DIY juice..

just hit up your favorite online stores and see.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Nude Nicotine sells high quality unflavored salts. I got a small bottle, but honestly I can't find much difference between their salt and regular nic--but I vape 12-16 mg/ml tops, so I can't really tell.

Sorry, never bought any flavored salt eliquids.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Nude Nicotine sells high quality unflavored salts. I got a small bottle, but honestly I can't find much difference between their salt and regular nic--but I vape 12-16 mg/ml tops, so I can't really tell.

Sorry, never bought any flavored salt eliquids.

I switched to salts because my throat is torn up from smoking and I couldn't handle TH.. not everyone needs it at the lower levels though, but some do.

for most people it only makes a difference when your vaping higher %'s of nicotine though..

NN has awesome DIY salts, just make sure smooth is the one purchased.

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I recently started using nic salts and pod mods. I am at 30mg. Was using sub ohm drippers for over 5 years. I picked up 2 Orion pod mods and I am loving them. My salt setup has a .5 coil and it's perfect. I get a nice pull in a couple seconds (my old mtl setups I was hitting the 10 sec cutoff) . The 30mg is very satisfying and not harsh. I also have a 6mg freebase in a .25 setup for when I want a good lung hit. I haven't touched my high powered setups for a couple weeks now. It seems I have returned to my vaping style of 2012. The pods and nic salts have brought high nic MTL vaping to the main stage again. I honestly didn't expect to like it as much as I do.
20190110_192810.jpg

My juice consumption went from 10-15 ml. to 1-2.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Wonder how NN compares to NR...

Sorry, die-hard NN fan here. I haven't ordered from anyone else in years, so I can't compare. That said, NR is highly regarded here and very popular. I'm sure someone will be able to compare the two for you.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

How is the TH compared to your regular 18mg juice? Btw, the erlkonigin rocks! I have had a few for years and are still one of the best rtas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I just rec'd some nic salts from NicRiver last night. They have a "hit" version and "smooth" version. I need TH, and the idea was to vape less, so I got the hit version. From what I read, the hit version is benzoic acid based (or at least dominant), which is what Juul uses. Gonna mix some up this weekend, and see what it does. I'm not sure if the hit version will feel about the same as freebase, so it'll take some experimentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread