New member, looking to upgrade my Ello T (flavour chasing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschetta

Jun 25, 2019
Hello guys, I just googled a forum where I could discuss about vaping.
I'm in a on/off relationship with vaping, I start smoking again once in a while because I'm not totally satisfied with vaping, especially in terms of flavour.

Right now I'm using a Ello T + Tesla WYE 85W, it's not that bad but I know for sure there is better. I'm using mesh coils HW-N and I also tried a compatible Smok coil (Q2 and A3) and they are not bad at all.

What I'm searching for is a double battery with possibility to vape high wattage (from 60W and higher, even a lot higher if possible) and the most absoultely priority is flavour, I'm not interested in cloud chasing, neither rebuidable tank, I will not rebuild myself, I will buy pre-built coils.

I was wondering to buy a Smok Kit, friends tell me that they are the best out there in terms of flavour chasing.
I was wondering about E-Priv kit and X-Priv kit, they are pretty cheap and enter in my budget (maximum of 70-80€), I found the E-Priv at 35€ and the X-Priv at 50€. They have a TFV12 Prince atom, what do you think, what can you suggest to me in my case? And what are the differences between the two box, given that the atom is the same?

I just read reviews about Smok, some people say they are perfect, others say they hate them, there is no in-between.
What I'm searching for is something great, something that will keep me company for some years, something that will not annoy me and that I don't want to change, something long-term.

Thanks very much and have a nice day! Sorry if I posted in new member section but I didn't know where to post honestly.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I own zero Smok products. The general consensus here seems to be a thumbs up on their tanks, and two thumbs down on their mods.

Sounds like your friends mostly shop B&Ms and Smok is a large part of what they tend to sell.

Head over to the tank forum and nose around. Define your vape style - mtl, dl? I’m guessing dl if you want higher wattage, lower ohms, warmer vape.

And go to the mods forum also. Are you strictly in wattage mode or might you want to try other things?

Personally I use RBAS, but I’d recommend an Aegis legend or AsMODus Lustro for mods. But we can throw recommendations at you all day and it may just confuse you.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Personally I think you would get better flavor from Freemax Mesh Pro coils and longer life as well. The Pro, Mesh Pro, and original Fireluke are all coil compatible. Smok has okay mods but quality control is a huge issue with them. If you want a device that will last for years Smoant, Eleaf, Innokin are some brands you'll want to look at. If you need a rugged dependable daily I'd suggest a Aegis Legend or if you can find it a Smoant Battlestar (the original, not the mini). At ft they still have Hugo 133 in stock, great dual 18650 workhorse for a lower price.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
For premade coils, mesh will get you the best flavor hands down, as well as doing it at lower wattage. If flavor chasing is where it's at for you though, low power mouth to lung is where it's at. Pretty much everything smok makes is big clouds, flavor as an afterthought. That mod you have should run any great flavor setup tank you end up with, but I buy a mod a month or so, as I like backups...

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
Personally I think you would get better flavor from Freemax Mesh Pro coils and longer life as well. The Pro, Mesh Pro, and original Fireluke are all coil compatible. Smok has okay mods but quality control is a huge issue with them. If you want a device that will last for years Smoant, Eleaf, Innokin are some brands you'll want to look at. If you need a rugged dependable daily I'd suggest a Aegis Legend or if you can find it a Smoant Battlestar (the original, not the mini). At ft they still have Hugo 133 in stock, great dual 18650 workhorse for a lower price.

You nailed my newish daily vape— a FireLuke2 with a an Aegis Legend or Solo. The Legend is sorta huge for me, but utterly reliable. Love them with that tank, and it looks swell too. :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

I agree about the MeshPro coils, good coil life, nice flavor. But the slide top in mine got loose fairly quickly- 3rd coil. And it dumped inside my jacket pocket. Other people may not have that issue but that knocks a few stars off for me.

I disagree about mtl giving better flavor. Nothing I’ve tried in mtl beats anything I have in dl. But that’s subjective, I suppose. It really boils down to which is your preferred vape style.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
You nailed my newish daily vape— a FireLuke2 with a an Aegis Legend or Solo. The Legend is sorta huge for me, but utterly reliable. Love them with that tank, and it looks swell too. :)

Interested in the Fireluke. I’d like to hear how it holds up when you’v had it a while - as I said, I had an issue with the MeshPro fill getting loose.

Reactions: stols001

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
For premade coils, mesh will get you the best flavor hands down, as well as doing it at lower wattage. If flavor chasing is where it's at for you though, low power mouth to lung is where it's at. Pretty much everything smok makes is big clouds, flavor as an afterthought. That mod you have should run any great flavor setup tank you end up with, but I buy a mod a month or so, as I like backups...

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk[/
I agree about the MeshPro coils, good coil life, nice flavor. But the slide top in mine got loose fairly quickly- 3rd coil. And it dumped inside my jacket pocket. Other people may not have that issue but that knocks a few stars off for me.

I disagree about mtl giving better flavor. Nothing I’ve tried in mtl beats anything I have in dl. But that’s subjective, I suppose. It really boils down to which is your preferred vape style.

Interested in the Fireluke. I’d like to hear how it holds up when you’v had it a while - as I said, I had an issue with the MeshPro fill getting loose.

I’ve had it going on three months now. I got two Freemax Twister kits as my first non-Smok mods (happy days. lol) The mods crapped out on me after two months, but the tanks are great, imo. No leaking, and I lay them down constantly. (Kinda how I judge if a tank is a leaker or not. For me, anyways.) Not sure how flavor compares to other tanks, but at this point if I’m not smoking, I’m thrilled. You can get it at Element on sale, I think. I was going to buy another, which is a pretty decent recommendation imo. I bought Mesh Pro coils for the FL2 by mistake, and boy are they huge! :) I’m using the .15 X1 mesh coils and they last a good amount of time for me, about 3 weeks. But I was pushing them hard, since I kept forgetting to buy new coils this month!

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break? You buy another." -- Sarcastic motto describing SMOK mods.

If you purchase a SMOK mod, you might get lucky and get a good one...or you might not. Are you feeling lucky? :unsure:

Not sure why you want a high wattage mod if you're not interested in clouds. You can get just as good of flavor from a low wattage setup. I'll go out on a limb and say most flavor chasers are low wattage vapers. Most, if not all, cloud chasers are high wattage vapers.

One thing that I have learned in my personal experience is that some flavors don't do well with higher wattages, in particular fruit flavors.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've been eyeballing the Fireluke 2, the OG is a bit airy for me but the coils are great. From what I've read the Fireluke mesh (not pro) and fl2 coils are very good too. I need a stock coil tank in my rotation for those lazy days I don't want to rewick. Lol

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
"We make cheap. You buy cheap. It break? You buy another." -- Sarcastic motto describing SMOK mods.

If you purchase a SMOK mod, you might get lucky and get a good one...or you might not. Are you feeling lucky? :unsure:

Not sure why you want a high wattage mod if you're not interested in clouds. You can get just as good of flavor from a low wattage setup. I'll go out on a limb and say most flavor chasers are low wattage vapers. Most, if not all, cloud chasers are high wattage vapers.

One thing that I have learned in my personal experience is that some flavors don't do well with higher wattages, in particular fruit flavors.

In addition to being cheaply made, I’m pretty sure that Smok has built in obsolescence. Since they’re cheap to buy, it’s not in their best interest to have them last long. I am so glad I don’t have to rely on anything Smok to vape.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

I use my fruits in the OG Fireluke either the .26 or dual mesh coils and flavor is great, little warmer than I'm used to but quite satisfying. The only thing I adjust in the mix is nic mg, flavor is comparable to my normal 24w single coil dailies.

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York
I've been eyeballing the Fireluke 2, the OG is a bit airy for me but the coils are great. From what I've read the Fireluke mesh (not pro) and fl2 coils are very good too. I need a stock coil tank in my rotation for those lazy days I don't want to rewick. Lol

I’d say it’s a great tank to have. For $25 or so, its affordable too. I’ve got the AF open a smidge and it’s comfortable. At 30-40W, it’s a nice dense vape. I just got an iJoy Katana over the weekend, love the mod (yes with the ole FireLuke2 lol.) I just broke out the Katana tank, hopefully I’ll love it too. :)

Last edited:

Nancy D

May 21, 2019
New York

You’ve just explained why my iJust 3 (80 or 100 watts?) was killing my Unicorn Milk. Cuttwood, Naked100, they all tasted like nothing. But it was my first two weeks vaping. Too high PG for me now, anyway. Thanks ECF Vet and Guru. ✌️

Les Magyar

Unresolved Status
Jun 25, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find what you need. I will agree everything's subjective. I don't know if I necessarily believe higher wattage will ALWAYS get you better flavor, but again it is subjective.

To the poster above, who introduced yourself in the new member's forum, you can be a supplier or a vendor but not both. I will report your post so you can figure that out with the mods.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread