Need help making a circuit that allows for 4 510 connectors.

bubeezle

Feb 19, 2024
Correct me if I'm wrong with my calculations.
I'm working out whether I can use a DNA Go Board to control the 4 510 cartridges.
Based on the average CBD Cart they have an ohm rating of 1.6 ohms, 4 of them in parallel would be 0.4 ohms. If I put that into the formula of watt x ohm (2x1.60) I'd get 3.20 volts for a cartridge. So if I times that by 4 I'd get 12.8 volts for all 4 cartridges.

The DNA go board allows 1-40 watt vaping and allows for 0.2 - 8 ohm coils. Would it work in this build?

Reactions: Izan

bubeezle

Feb 19, 2024
here ya go..........

DNA Go datasheet

and

DNA 75C datasheet

also fwiw.......... per Wayneo at the Evolv forum:

"The 100C board is most like the 75C."
The 75c board looks good but quite pricey. All I'm looking for is a circuit board that has safety features and can handle 4 vapes that handle around 8 watts of power (12.8 volts)

• Wow
Reactions: Izan

bubeezle

Feb 19, 2024

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
The 75c board looks good but quite pricey. All I'm looking for is a circuit board that has safety features and can handle 4 vapes that handle around 8 watts of power (12.8 volts)
FWIW ... I tried contacting Evolv and asked if 2X DNA30's or 40's could be merged in series.

Response was ... that they were not designed to operate that way.

I asked out of my own curiosity, but I guess that I'm not surprised that I received a dead-end response.

Has anybody tried it?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    FWIW ... I tried contacting Evolv and asked if 2X DNA30's or 40's could be merged in series.

Response was ... that they were not designed to operate that way.

Maybe what they figured is that you want to feed each board more than 4.3v? That's the max operating voltage for those boards.

DNA 30 datasheet
    DNA 40 datasheet

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    South East
    Maybe what they figured is that you want to feed each board more than 4.3v? That's the max operating voltage for those boards.

DNA 30 datasheet
    DNA 40 datasheet
    Maybe, or they the guy responding didn't know if it could be done?

4.2V would be the max (for what I'm suggesting), but I was wondering if 2X of each model could be stacked (60 or 80W) ?

The alternate could be one board for every 2 attys?

Hi all, I know the title sounds stupid but bear with me.

My friend has asked me to try and build a vape that can hold 4 cartridges, specifically those generic cartridges that have 1-2 ohm resistance. I've been told about many ways to try and build a circuit but it's like guesswork trying to figure out if it will work. Safety is the obvious issue here, I want to be able to use the fire button to turn the device on and off like most vapes on the market.

I've heard running 4 510 connectors in parallel will run at sub-ohm resistances, and that it's recommended to have some sort of voltage regulation or PWM controller to fire a mosfet.

How would you guys tackle such a situation?

If you require any other details please let me know!

Thanks,

Bubz
    You don't need a DNA board or anything like that. I'll assume you're not well versed with microcontroller programming. Not that I'm all that well versed myself as I mainly use chat GPT for that kind of stuff. I say that because you wanting to turn the device on and off with the fire button would require a microcontroller. And the headache that comes with programming that. I would instead advise you to settle for a fire switch and an on-off switch that cuts off the power. Beyond that I can give you a list of components you can buy from Amazon that'll do exactly what you want to do. You'll be able to control the voltage via a pwm. I will point you at what kind of battery you need to buy to stay safe although something you do need to be aware of is that all of your carts need to be the same resistance if you're going to run them in parallel. Otherwise have you considered running them in series? You would need a crazy ... battery pack or power supply. Or you can run four in series off of the car's cigarette lighter. Assuming they're all around 1 to 2 ohms running them in series at 12 volts would be just under 40 Watts. Then again you could always buy like a 3s lipo pack but then LiPO batteries are another headache you may not want to deal with and not as safe as lithium ion.

Users who are viewing this thread