My first Reo - a Mini... Please recommend the best compatible RDA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Hold on a second here!!

an aw 14500 battery will go to 4A constant

AW IMR 14500 LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery

a 0.8Ω coil will hit it for 5A+. I'm not comfortable with that margin - even if it is a spike demand when you fire the mod. i cannot see a C rating for those batteries , but i'd not go much below 1 Ohm on a mini anyway.

T

Battery Amp Limits

AW IMR
18650 2000mah 10A (5C)
18650 1600mah 24A (15C)
14500 600mah 4.0A (6.7C)
18490 1100mah 16.5A (15C)
18350 700mah 6A (8.6C)

Looks like I need to ramp up to an ohm for sure.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Taking into account for voltage drop & momentary draw I still wouldn't worry, I wouldn't say it's unsafe running .9Ω on a Mini. Battery life won't be all that great though. I agree, I don't see a need to go below 1Ω anyway. I run .8-1.0Ω on my Grands anyway & on my Mini 2.1 just a tenth or two aboth that.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Thanks for all the lovely welcomes.

My Reo arrived today!

Here it is:

Reo_zps16c598e7.jpg

I put a carto on it just so I could show off the matching drip tip. Also I don't have an RM2 yet :(

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Not vaping well right now, for me anyway, as I don't have an RDA that will work on it yet.

With the carto, I'm a bit confused how it's supposed to work... vape it till the carto starts to dry out, then squonk... but the juice will go right up the center hole and flood the carto, right? How will it re-saturate the carto filling sufficiently the way it does in a carto tank when there are holes in the side for the juice to seep directly into the poly-fill?

Also, can you blow back into your drip tip to de-flood the carto?

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Not vaping well right now, for me anyway, as I don't have an RDA that will work on it yet.

With the carto, I'm a bit confused how it's supposed to work... vape it till the carto starts to dry out, then squonk... but the juice will go right up the center hole and flood the carto, right? How will it re-saturate the carto filling sufficiently the way it does in a carto tank when there are holes in the side for the juice to seep directly into the poly-fill?

Also, can you blow back into your drip tip to de-flood the carto?

Yes...you can to a degree, but be warned...some will empty into the catch cup, so go gently. Instead of just squeezing the bottle alone...you can dry what we call the blind squonk. Without firing the mod, you draw on your drip tip while gently pressing the bottle. The suction will assist in drawing juice inside the carto. I only used cartos for a very short time, but I don't think it took much. I'm sure more experienced carto users will assist shortly.
:)

yolo_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Strawberry Fields
If you do the blind squonk you should take note of how long it takes until you feel the pressure change. Then that is it stop squonking and sucking otherwise you will get juice in your mouth and flood the carto. It only took me a day of practice.I got really good with my cartos and loved them until i got my first RM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread