My EVO/3VO mod got toasted

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmotan

Mar 14, 2012
Japan
Hi everyone,

I tried to write this under Mod forum but seems like my account is not eligible to do so so have decided to write here instead.

Recently I have ordered 3VO mod from 310vapers.com and have received it last week.
And this past Saturday, I was enjoying the vape with 4.5V settings but next second, the switch wouldn't go off even though I had my fingers off and it continued to run.
In a few seconds, a smoke started to come out from the switch and a fume of electrical circuit burning has arose.

I felt it's dangerous to leave it running so I have removed the batteries real quick to shut it down.
Took me a while to remove the batteries since the switch part of 3VO was very hot from continuous charge.
After I removed the batteries, I have removed the carto/tank from it and saw some liquid pooled in the connector.
Seems like the liquid that leaked from carto has fell down to the connector and from there, it leaked into the switch.

I have been vaping for like 3 months now and have seen liquid leak from carto and gets pooled in the connector but never experienced and issue where it leaks all the way to the circuit to get it fried.
Not sure if the 3VO I got was faulty from the start but wanted to share my story so that others who uses 3VO or other battery mods will be cautious about it or maybe they can share similar stories they have had.

For a note, the following are the rigs I was using at the time:

- "3VO" EVO v2 Variable Voltage Mod
- 2X AW ICR 123 / 16340 750 mAH protected batteries
- Boge XL LR cartomizer with 2 holes punched
- SmokTank XL - 3.5ml Chrome Dual Coil Cartomizer tank
- Stainless Steel Driptip

asmotan

Mar 14, 2012
Japan
hi I think you need 7 post "maybe more" to be able to surf the rest of the site. When you do, go to 310vapers here...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...tage-tube-mod-310vapers-com-sale-69-99-a.html

Hi DM,

Thank you for letting me know about it.
Guess I will post a link to this thread once I become eligible to make a post on other forums.

I'm somewhat aware that this topic is not really fit for this forum but considering about the safety precaution, have decided to create a thread to let the community know.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Thank You for sharing this with the Forum.

When things go wrong things happen in a hurry! Quick thinking on your part. There is a lot of power in batteries. I remind myself that these are much more powerful than ordinary "AA" type batteries, although they look so similar.

Using them around liquids adds to the potential for trouble.

I'm glad you were not injured!

ikelvin

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
?
Hi everyone,

I tried to write this under Mod forum but seems like my account is not eligible to do so so have decided to write here instead.

Recently I have ordered 3VO mod from 310vapers.com and have received it last week.
And this past Saturday, I was enjoying the vape with 4.5V settings but next second, the switch wouldn't go off even though I had my fingers off and it continued to run.
In a few seconds, a smoke started to come out from the switch and a fume of electrical circuit burning has arose.

I felt it's dangerous to leave it running so I have removed the batteries real quick to shut it down.
Took me a while to remove the batteries since the switch part of 3VO was very hot from continuous charge.
After I removed the batteries, I have removed the carto/tank from it and saw some liquid pooled in the connector.
Seems like the liquid that leaked from carto has fell down to the connector and from there, it leaked into the switch.

I have been vaping for like 3 months now and have seen liquid leak from carto and gets pooled in the connector but never experienced and issue where it leaks all the way to the circuit to get it fried.
Not sure if the 3VO I got was faulty from the start but wanted to share my story so that others who uses 3VO or other battery mods will be cautious about it or maybe they can share similar stories they have had.

For a note, the following are the rigs I was using at the time:

- "3VO" EVO v2 Variable Voltage Mod
- 2X AW ICR 123 / 16340 750 mAH protected batteries
- Boge XL LR cartomizer with 2 holes punched
- SmokTank XL - 3.5ml Chrome Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank
- Stainless Steel Driptip

Sad to heard that, guess it's time for you to search for a new toy

asmotan

Mar 14, 2012
Japan
Thank You for sharing this with the Forum.

When things go wrong things happen in a hurry! Quick thinking on your part. There is a lot of power in batteries. I remind myself that these are much more powerful than ordinary "AA" type batteries, although they look so similar.

Using them around liquids adds to the potential for trouble.

I'm glad you were not injured!

Yeah, glad to have a mentor around me who is quite an expert in vaping.
He has taught me various things about the safety on the battery mods before I made a purchase of 3VO so had an idea on what to do when I have a problem with my vaping rigs.

310Vapers.com has made a quick response and they will be sending the replacement once the new stock arrives so looks like no 3VO for me for a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread