My 510 shopping list, can I get some help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_Bear

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont/Pomona, SoCal
After a lot of vaping this past week and a half and lots of research, I've finally decided its already time for an upgrade. Currently I am using the standard L88b from Volcano/Blu and despite all of the bad rep they have, I've loved mine. The only problem I have is that I've been chain vaping a lot, I just love it, and my battery life is seemingly getting in my way.

What I'm looking at buying is something that has a better battery life as well as a better throat hit with possibly a bit more vapor production, but the first two are the most important.

Now for the shopping list:

2x Batteries, Manual, possibly the extra long for longer battery life
2x Attys
5x Carts at least, maybe the XL ones so I can hold more juice
A 5v passthrough, not one with a battery that powers the passthrough, just straight from USB to Passthrough so it vapes at 5v

For the chargers, I'm looking for:
USB charger
AC to USB charger
Car to USB charger
All compatable with the 5v passthrough I'm getting.

Now, I'm not sure exactly what it comes out to, but from the looks of it I'm going to end up spending a pretty penny on this. Hopefully I can find some kits with most of it included for a cheaper price. SO any help on a supplier would be greatly appreciated for the cheapest price and shipping.

On Madvapes it looks like the 510 mega kit comes with pretty much everything I need minus the passthrough, but I'm wondering if the AC and Car to USB chargers work on the passthrough, anyone know? Or should I just call them up?

Thanks in advance for any help, its very much appreciated :D

Ionredline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2009
Lawrenceville,GA
Don't bother with the mega kits, just get a Janty eGo or TW tornado.The batteries last 6-12 hours depending on how much you vape.Also the throat hit and vapor are excellent for a 3 volt ecig.All the parts are 510 parts compatible.

Try Dietsmokes,Totally Wicked,Esmokeyshack,and of course Janty.I know Dietsmokes and Janty are out atm.I believe they all charge about 80 bucks but the device is worth it.

For a 5volt passthrough I would suggest the vp passthrough.Dietsmokes and Vaprlife have them.Vaprlife makes them.

Erik_Bear

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont/Pomona, SoCal
Many 510 users also find they want a PCC, you may want to consider it if you are away from the car and computer and don't have wall outlets at your disposal frequently.

I don't usually find myself without a outlet or something to charge from. But if I ever do, I would have my Volcano PCC and pv readily available, maybe I'd grab a pcc for the mega sooner or later, but I'm just wantin to get the pv first and give it a go.

Soon as I get payed I think I'm ordering this.

Erik_Bear

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont/Pomona, SoCal
Don't bother with the mega kits, just get a Janty eGo or TW tornado.The batteries last 6-12 hours depending on how much you vape.Also the throat hit and vapor are excellent for a 3 volt ecig.All the parts are 510 parts compatible.

Try Dietsmokes,Totally Wicked,Esmokeyshack,and of course Janty.I know Dietsmokes and Janty are out atm.I believe they all charge about 80 bucks but the device is worth it.

For a 5volt passthrough I would suggest the vp passthrough.Dietsmokes and Vaprlife have them.Vaprlife makes them.

The problem with that is the price, I'm kinda pressed for dropping that much at the moment, and if I were to spend that much, I'd go for THE CHUCK and just wait it out.

LukeNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
A Chuck is great to have, but I never leave home with my Chuck. These days I carry my Tornado/eGo (cignot) with a spare battery, atomizer w/cart and a small bottle of juice. This with the PTB mod there are no worries. I went the PCC route in the beginning and this is much better. I usually do not even have to swap out the battery during the day, just change it when I get home to get ready for the next day. P.S, I also use LR atty.

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Erik_Bear, the car USB at 5V should work, but make sure it is at least 1 amp, better 2 amps. Your PT is going to need it to get enough current. And I would not use it on a computer USB. get an external AC/USB unit, or a powered USB hub. Your PT is likely to fry the computer USB port, as they are generally only rated to 500 milli amps or less.

Erik_Bear

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont/Pomona, SoCal
I love my 5 volt passthrough from madvapes. coupon code strell for 5% off of everything you buy. It seems that they have everything you need. They shipped very fast and cheap too.

Thanks for the cupon code, but alas, I shall no longer be needing a kit, because, well, I'm getting into modding for myself.

I'm gonna buy a few DIY pieces from madvapes and get the rest from radio shack.. now I need to make a DIY shopping list XD

Off to the modders forum! Thanks though guys, much appreciated.. and I think I prolly will get that 5v passthrough anyways, seems like a good deal =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread