More on Cotton wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocat54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Lindale, Texas
I am just curious if anyone else has the same experience with cotton wicks that I have.
Been rebuilding with microcoils for a while now and have tried using cotton balls and cotton yarn for my wicks. Started with cotton balls and they were great but being the lazy guy I am went to cotton yarn (Walmart) because it is easier for me to thread thru a coil and that works okay.

Today I thought I would do cotton balls again.....for me there is just no comparison between the two.... cotton balls wins hands down, more flavor and vapor. I have tried more cotton and less cotton, flavor wicks, more flavor wicks, no flavor wicks on both. The cotton balls just do better for me, anyone else?

Rav_Bunneh

Aug 1, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I'm rather frugal so I rewick all my Kanger Protank heads. I've been using organic cotton balls to roll little tine wicks for it.

I've found that it can be a little tricky at first, but it gets easier with time.

When I first started wicking my Kanger heads I was using way way too much cotton. As such it was a lot harder to tread through the coil than it needed to be. Now that I use less cotton it has become easier. Also putting a tiny little ejuice on the cotton helps lubricate the wick, making it easier as well.

May the Force be with you, always! =:3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread