Marlboro and Camel Snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnsb

Mar 3, 2010
Huntsville AL
Just wanted get opinions on Marlboro Snus. $2.00 for a pack here in AL, however there are only 6 portions in the pack. I've tried the spearmint, I think it was, there are 6 flavors or so.

I like the Camel stuff okay. Really like my e-cig now that I have it.

I've managed to quit smoking with the e-cig, been using Camel Snus for aobut 6 months when I couldn't smoke, (in class, or certain public gatherings/church).

However, I been a smoker for about 10 years, dipped Copenhagen before that for about 5 years starting when I was 15. Marlboro and Camel Snus both seem really weak compared to Copenhagen Snuff.

It really seems like the American Snus is being marketed as a way to "smoke" when you can't smoke. They both seem really weak, though, so you won't want to quit smoking. I'm assuming the Swedish Snus is more like Copenhagen?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I started with the camel snus and even the 4mg swedish snus seems to have more of a kick than the camel. Like firechick said, the swedish snus is much safer. It has lower tsna's. In sweden, the tobacco industry is regulated by what would be like our version of the FDA and they have to meet certain standards. Also with the swedish snus you get 24 regular size portions in a can for around $3. You might want to get the general sampler. Most people who like the camel also like the general mini mints and regular portion mint. The minis have 4mg of nic and the regular have 8mg.

Blaze

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2010
    Kentucky
    Thanks, I'll check it out. However, I'm hoping the Marlboro Red Snus (called Red or Regular or something) is stronger, otherwise, the Marlboro snus is too weak for me. (2.5 pack/day smoker)

Actually, the Marlboro "red" snus isn't any stronger, and it has a cocoa overtone to it (the flavor is very pleasant, however)...

Save yourself the trouble and go to getsnus.com and getcha some swed snus, it's much better quality, and stronger kick :)

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    Actually, the Marlboro "red" snus isn't any stronger, and it has a cocoa overtone to it (the flavor is very pleasant, however)...

Save yourself the trouble and go to getsnus.com and getcha some swed snus, it's much better quality, and stronger kick :)

Absolutely. Swedish snus has no equal from Big tobacco. Candy with a very slight amount of nicotine. Introductory Offer - GetSnus.com sample of the real deal for $1 shipping. The samples are 8mg for the regular sized portions and 4mg for the mini's. The stuff I normally use is 16 and 17mg, but I'm a case.

Tuesday

ECF Veteran
    Feb 4, 2010
    USA
    Thank-you for the website info TV. I bought my first snus today at a Quick Mart. It is Camel Snus, the purpose is to use it during an airline flight and for the long waits inside the airlines. I tried one today, my first snus ever. Actually it felt strong but I have vaped only for almost 6 months (no analogs and no snus) and lately only 10-12mg e-liquid so maybe the reason it felt strong to me. If the swedish snus is better I will try it. I find the whole snus idea very interesting. ;)

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2008
    Southern California USA
    www.ecigmall.com
    Swedish snus blows US snus out of the water.
    Thank-you for the website info TV. I bought my first snus today at a Quick Mart. It is Camel Snus, the purpose is to use it during an airline flight and for the long waits inside the airlines. I tried one today, my first snus ever. Actually it felt strong but I have vaped only for almost 6 months (no analogs and no snus) and lately only 10-12mg e-liquid so maybe the reason it felt strong to me. If the swedish snus is better I will try it. I find the whole snus idea very interesting. ;)

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks to hearing and heeding the recent PACT alerts of the dedicated snusers here, I just hit getsnus up for what for me (as someone who had only tried a few samples thus far, including of popular Swedish varieties) was a very large order, for.... Discreet minis! :)oops:?) Emerald Ice, Strawberry & Peach. Dunno, perhaps smirk-worthy to the aficionados lol, but wimpy me is likin it, and learning to like it/make use of it more and more as a trade-off with vaping. :) And 'twas sure a great deal!!

Also supposed to be pasteurized, lower TSNAs and all that good stuff at least... And while presumably not right for anyone wanting to get away from a candy-ish taste, I hope not to hear that Discreet was a 'compositionally' not-so-wise choice in some way...

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    Discreet is okay, but it does have saccharine in it as a sweetener. It is made like the Swedish snus and from what I hear has very low TSNA numbers, comparable to the Swedes.

Just so you know IL tax on smokeless is on the low side. I think it's 18% of wholesale. That's not bad compared to some of us. Bunch of places in the Chicago area where you can get it at brick and mortar stores. If stores in the flatlands start carrying a larger selection of snus, as in Ettan, Skruf, etc, I may be making some snus runs in the future to your fair city. Chicago is also targeted by Swedish match as one of the cities that will be expanding their presence in the next year.

Last edited:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Discreet is okay, but it does have saccharine in it as a sweetener. It is made like the Swedish snus and from what I hear has very low TSNA numbers, comparable to the Swedes.

Just so you know IL tax on smokeless is on the low side. I think it's 18% of wholesale. That's not bad compared to some of us. Bunch of places in the Chicago area where you can get it at brick and mortar stores. If stores in the flatlands start carrying a larger selection of snus, as in Ettan, Skruf, etc, I may be making some snus runs in the future to your fair city. Chicago is also targeted by Swedish match as one of the cities that will be expanding their presence in the next year.

Ah, very interesting, thanks! Had no idea about all that! And 'good' to hear about the saccharine too -- I'm fine with that (since it was ultimately 'cleared' in realistic quantities), whereas if it had been aspartame I'd be bummin big time! That stuff gives me a splitting headache and more, and all-around just doesn't sound good at all to consume in any quantity.

Happier with what I got now, and will look forward to seeing what else might pop up locally in the future!

Last edited:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Ditto. Swedish snus is the only way to go. Healthier, safer and thoroughly satisfying (in some ways, I find it even more satisfying than analogs, really!).

BTW, watch 60 Minutes tomorrow. They are doing a segment about snus.

I'm looking forward to that! Haven't read up on whether anyone's projecting what angle it will come from, guess I'll just let it be a surprise!

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Ah, very interesting, thanks! Had no idea about all that! And 'good' to hear about the saccharine too -- I'm fine with that (since it was ultimately 'cleared' in realistic quantities), whereas if it had been aspartame I'd be bummin big time! That stuff gives me a splitting headache and more, and all-around just doesn't sound good at all to consume in any quantity.

Happier with what I got now, and will look forward to seeing what else might pop up locally in the future!

Miss MIA, I'm a wimp too, but I like the Scandinavian snus. You may enjoy the General mini mints and Fellini (Danish snus). Just order mint or eucalyptus flavored white mini portions. As much as I love the real stuff, I woudn't be caught dead with the tobacco flavored, wet, salty, sour, bergamot-y sterk portions, trust you me. This is not for the weak of heart.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Miss MIA, I'm a wimp too, but I like the Scandinavian snus. You may enjoy the General mini mints and Fellini (Danish snus). Just order mint or eucalyptus flavored white mini portions. As much as I love the real stuff, I woudn't be caught dead with the tobacco flavored, wet, salty, sour, bergamot-y sterk portions, trust you me. This is not for the weak of heart.

I appreciate the tips; sounds like we may be on the same page! If I wasn't so bleary-eyed by now (insomnia strikes again) I'd list everything I have so far, several not even cracked yet. Will come back and do so another time tho, would be interesting to hear what you think!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread