LR901 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
How is the performance of the LR901? I currently use a LR801, and occasionally an LR306. The reason I am asking is that I am tempted to purchase an Icon, but I am weird when it comes to aesthetics. I do not like the cone shaped 510 adapter, and, although I do like the 801, I was thinking about shortening the length by getting the 901 fitting.

So far the LR306 has been a power house when it comes to longevity, and performance. The LR801 is still a favorite though, I love the flavor and cooler vapor. The throat hit on both are about the same for me so it normally depends on which temperature vapor I am longing for.

Really what I am looking for is just a comparison of of the LR901 to the LR306/LR801 before I pull the trigger on my latest device.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Yup the LR901 is a flavor saver Atty for me, I dont like it as much as the LR510 but it's great for fruity flavors in my opinion, I have all three going right now on 3 different mods LR901 on my GGTS/AVS LR510 on my Journeymen Box Mod and a LR306 on an indulgence and Omega The LR510 produces the best overall TH and vapor for me on my Journeyman, the 306 good vapor but with the dripping tips they currently use I get a plastic flavor when it gets hot chain vaping, there is a guy on the ECF forum who makes glass drip tips, i spoke to him some months back and I have been trying to find him again to make me some but lost his info, the LR901 Cruz's the same hit every time with consistent flavor for me with good vapor in the tank on my AVS on my GGTS. If the proper drip tip could be made for the 306 I believe it could be very close to the 510 but until that happens we wont know in my opinion, also all of this is just my opinion, I'm sure people here would differ from me since its all very subjective.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
I got some of the LR901's from PS and agree pretty much on what you said re: flavour, vapour and TH.

I used them on my V1 and V2 and probably still would if I didn't have to keep "mopping up" the juice that leaks from the 901 breather/airflow hole. That may also be a bi-product of my continous dripping tho.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
How is the performance of the LR901? I currently use a LR801, and occasionally an LR306. The reason I am asking is that I am tempted to purchase an Icon, but I am weird when it comes to aesthetics. I do not like the cone shaped 510 adapter, and, although I do like the 801, I was thinking about shortening the length by getting the 901 fitting.

So far the LR306 has been a power house when it comes to longevity, and performance. The LR801 is still a favorite though, I love the flavor and cooler vapor. The throat hit on both are about the same for me so it normally depends on which temperature vapor I am longing for.

Really what I am looking for is just a comparison of of the LR901 to the LR306/LR801 before I pull the trigger on my latest device.

If your main concern is the aesthetics of the current 510 adapter, the new 510 adapter with a moat is supposed to be available soon, I believe as early as tomorrow.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Thanks, Vaporologist :glare:

Moated 510's are still going to be a few weeks.

Sorry Casey, I must have misunderstood what Steve said yesterday.

Me too. Last night, Steve said they should be ready around Friday. I assumed he meant this Friday. :(

Casey I think was saving herself from about 50 emails ;) Either that, or she didn't have the inside knowledge :) haha .... I did mean this Friday. I will know more today when I head to the shop!

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I have one of each, 510/306 and 901/808 and I have to say I like the looks of the 510/306 the best (but that is just my opinion.) Here is a shot of the two side by side for comparison: :vapor:

901%3A510_Adapters.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread