Looking for Single Coil RDA Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Also, if you have another (non squonk) mod, that Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA looks great (I still want one of those) It has a super cool way to fill it.
It comes with two positive pins so you can use it as a dripper, tank, squonker, or all three. And yeah, the spring loaded fill valve thingy is pretty damn cool.

Last edited:

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Hmmm. I got those Ammits some time back and wrote them down as Asmodus in my file. I think maybe Asmodus used to make them then sold the name to Geek Vape. Or Asmodus made just a few and supplied them to special customers only. I suppose there's a very small, tiny chance that I got it wrong.
I save all of my boxes and sometimes I have to refer back to them for make/model, especially the stuff I don't use often with weird names and spelling:facepalm:

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I use the Wasp Nano but I run it wide open. I adjusted the air flow down to what I think is MTL draw, maybe a very restricted DL. My first attempt was, "Yea, I see what @Herrick means", thats kind of open. Then I looked at the cap air slots. Try adjusting so the cap slots (left edge) just touch the right side of the base air slots (right edge). Granted, the air flow totally does not hit the coil direct this way but it might work for you. I've used the Wasp Nano on squonkers but presently have it setup for drip only. SS 316L simple single coil .16 ohm.

I must have it set up wrong because I don't detect any major increase in flavor no matter how I have the airflow set.

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
I must have it set up wrong because I don't detect any major increase in flavor no matter how I have the airflow set.
Sorry, I had my existing coil wrong. I running 3mm NI200 30ga two strands twisted for .16 ohm on a DNA 40 running TC 45W 420F (I'm so used to 316L I lose track of what's in what). I also have my coil sitting high to where the coil bottom is seen thru the air slots. That helps with the whistle also. Flavor wise, well it's not mesh but it does give a good flavor for me. Hope you get things sorted.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Sorry, I had my existing coil wrong. I running 3mm NI200 30ga two strands twisted for .16 ohm on a DNA 40 running TC 45W 420F (I'm so used to 316L I lose track of what's in what). I also have my coil sitting high to where the coil bottom is seen thru the air slots. That helps with the whistle also. Flavor wise, well it's not mesh but it does give a good flavor for me. Hope you get things sorted.

I have a regular SS316 coil that came out to .44 ohms. I have it pretty high up to where I can see the bottom half of the coil through the airflow. Should I lower it so the coil is entirely covering the airflow?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have a regular SS316 coil that came out to .44 ohms. I have it pretty high up to where I can see the bottom half of the coil through the airflow. Should I lower it so the coil is entirely covering the airflow?
I don't use a wasp but I place my coils pretty much the same as you and find that works better for me. Another thing I always do is use 510 dts on every atty, concentrates the flavor.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Every RDA/RTA hits a little Different.

But as a "General" Rule, Lowering a Coil leans towards More Flavor. And High Leans Toward More Vapor. Within Limits of course.

Also, as Letitia mentioned, using a Drip Tip with a Smaller Inner Bore can make a Big Difference.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Like most things with vaping it all comes down to personal preference.

I would try lowering and raising your coil until you find "the sweet spot" that works best for you.

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
If you still want to try out another atomizer, you could check the Requiem from Vandy Vape. It comes with three different top caps with varying amounts of airflow, plus you can twist the barrel to reduce it further. One thing to be aware of is that it is made for small coils. While you might fit a 3mm in there, 2.5mm is optimal. It's not for everyone, but I get good flavor from mine on the Pulse 2.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread