Looking for a smooth, vevelty vape with a smooth and light throat hit and lots of vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
First of all, let me start by saying what I have tried (I'm concentrating on cartos since that seems to be the most important factor and I'm willing to buy in to different systems or use adapters):

Bloog MaxxFusion cartos (close to perfect but clog after one or two refills -- nice silky flavor and feel with great vapor)
Smoktech Dual Coil (good vapor but way too harsh and "in your face" flavor)
Boge LR (not really good or bad)
Cig Easy Gold (not nearly enough vapor and too harsh -- but could be from the juice)

Ideally, I'd like something similar to the Bloog but able to hold more juice and be more resistant to refilling. I've been looking at the new Echo cartos and thinking about trying something from Ikenvape (I've been resisting Ikenvape because of stock issues I don't want to deal with), but would love to hear your suggestions. I'm a little partial to bottom coils due to my experience with Bloog as well.

Edit: Sorry about the typo in the title. It should be "velvety," not "vevelty."

Philx123

May 17, 2011
UK
I personally like French Pipe VG, Flue Cured VG and Cigar VG from Liberty Flights. I prefer the 8mg nicotine, as I find anything stronger tends to burn my throat a bit. The French pipe is quite light and almost vanilla like. The Flue cured and the Cigar tend towards a nutty taste, but they are all nice and smooth, with clouds of vapour. I use Boge 2.5 cartomisers on a Riva 510, and have found nothing better. Hope that helps.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Go with a higher % of VG, and keep the nic low as comfortable for you while keeping you off the smokes. That's all you can really do from a juice standpoint. It will take some experimentation on your part, since we can't really tell what will work for you.

Now, another thing you can look at from a hardware standpoint is either 5v or vv vaping. Even true 3.7 volts may be an improvement depending on your current setup. If you insist on cig-sized tho, bloog is well reviewed. Then the only thing you can do is to change the ohms on the carto, and fill with your own blend of juice. I think the bloogs & volts are similar in performance to KR808's if they aren't exactly KR808's.

One thing I often recommend for people asking about hardware is to get a 5 v passthrough and an AC 2.0 amp adapter (wall wart) that will let you experiment with 5 volt and give you a backup in case you have battery issues. They have 3.7 volt versions with in-line batteries too. If you try 5v, you'd want 3.0 - 3.4 ohm stuff. The higher voltage gives warmer hits with more vapor. That can translate to more TH tho, but I've found it is more the nic, flavor, and PG than the voltage.

I've only used the boge 2.0 and 3.0 ohm cartos. Others will chime in about the make/model of carto.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY

moonsbabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Texas
Go with the echos! I have ego batteries and use the echo-e cartomizers and everything is nice! Smooth vape and with 12mg at 60/40 I get very nice vapor. I pay about $2.50 per carto and buy ten at a time because my husband and I both use them. I get them from D&B Gold - Home. He is a member here. That is his new website.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Go with the echos! I have ego batteries and use the echo-e cartomizers and everything is nice! Smooth vape and with 12mg at 60/40 I get very nice vapor. I pay about $2.50 per carto and buy ten at a time because my husband and I both use them. I get them from D&B Gold - Home. He is a member here. That is his new website.

How many refills have the Echo cartos been lasting before they need to be replaced or cleaned? I'm also curious if you have tried the Bloog MaxxFusion since they sound similar. If you have, how do the Echos compare?

moonsbabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Texas
How many refills have the Echo cartos been lasting before they need to be replaced or cleaned? I'm also curious if you have tried the Bloog MaxxFusion since they sound similar. If you have, how do the Echos compare?

I can run these about a week before they need to be cleaned. Then I pull the filler out and rinse clean. Put the carto in vodka for at least 45 minutes. Blow out extra vodka. Let dry a couple of hours. Then wrap filler around a juice box straw and put back in carto. Add 2 to 2.5 ml of liquid to fill. I use syringe to fill to make sure the bottom gets liquid in it. I have never used the Bloog MaxxFusion. And when they just don't seem to cut it anymore, I pull the filler out and use them for dripping my dark liquid cuz I figure the carto is on its way out anyway! And for the price I get my moneys worth out of them. The tanks leak really bad in the west Texas heat. These don't leak at all. Oh yeah I do a dry burn somewhere in the cleaning process. Echo-e are my sweet spot. Unless I get a bottom feeder! I tend to top off my carto so I really don't know 'how many' refills I get. I do know I use sweet liquids and my husband uses tobacco flavors. He seems to get a little longer use from his cartomizers than I do. Hope something in here helped or answered your question. I tend to ramble sometimes! LOL!

Philx123

May 17, 2011
UK
Thanks,

My problem is 8mg won't get me off cigarettes.

I've always been a bit peculiar in that it's not really the nicontine I'm addicted to, rather the feeling of smoking, the feeling of smoke coming in nd going out. That's why VG is great for me. It's also why I never succeeded with nicotine inhalers. Personally, I do like to keep a few bottles of higher strenth, for if I'm feeling a bit frazzled. I do appreciate the nic hit, then, buy problem is, when vaping, I find higher nic just hurts my throat. For me (and it probably is just me), smoother and velvety just goes with lower nic. The higher is just too harsh. Maybe try a lower nic and intersperse it with higher?

I'd also add that boge 2 or 2.5 ohm cartos really make a difference for me. They make the taste so much better. And Dual coils (smoketech, from memory), are the best. The only reason I lay off the duals is I have a feeling they wreck batteries. They certainly drain them much quicker.

This is all on a Riva 510, btw.

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I've always been a bit peculiar in that it's not really the nicontine I'm addicted to, rather the feeling of smoking, the feeling of smoke coming in nd going out. That's why VG is great for me. It's also why I never succeeded with nicotine inhalers. Personally, I do like to keep a few bottles of higher strenth, for if I'm feeling a bit frazzled. I do appreciate the nic hit, then, buy problem is, when vaping, I find higher nic just hurts my throat. For me (and it probably is just me), smoother and velvety just goes with lower nic. The higher is just too harsh. Maybe try a lower nic and intersperse it with higher?

I'd also add that boge 2 or 2.5 ohm cartos really make a difference for me. They make the taste so much better. And Dual coils (smoketech, from memory), are the best. The only reason I lay off the duals is I have a feeling they wreck batteries. They certainly drain them much quicker.

This is all on a Riva 510, btw.

The dual coils don't work with high VG juices at all. The throat hit is also really strong. I tried lower nic juices but they just don't satisfy my cravings.

Xanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Carolinas
The IKV Premium 510 Platinum produces a very velvety vapor to me and I like to vape plain cinnamon 85/15 at 30mg nic. The cinnamon combined with 30mg nic can be very spicy/hot/harsh in many cartos, but not this one. The site doesnt say who makes the carto or what its resistance rating is, but it doesn't matter, it works very well with high nic, good consistant vapor and smooth taste, with cinnamon anyway. Havent tried other flavors with it yet. I think that the way the air slots are made in a carto is just as important for smooth or velvety vape as pg/vg mix, nic level and resistance/volts. This one is more "airy" than most yet still produces great flavor and vapor. Premium IKV 510 Cartomizer (Soft-Tipped) Platinum

Using an eGo T 1100 mah battery...

Last edited:

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
The IKV Premium 510 Platinum produces a very velvety vapor to me and I like to vape plain cinnamon 85/15 at 30mg nic. The cinnamon combined with 30mg nic can be very spicy/hot/harsh in many cartos, but not this one. The site doesnt say who makes the carto or what its resistance rating is, but it doesn't matter, it works very well with high nic, good consistant vapor and smooth taste, with cinnamon anyway. Havent tried other flavors with it yet. I think that the way the air slots are made in a carto is just as important for smooth or velvety vape as pg/vg mix, nic level and resistance/volts. This one is more "airy" than most yet still produces great flavor and vapor. Premium IKV 510 Cartomizer (Soft-Tipped) Platinum

Using an eGo T 1100 mah battery...

Out of stock. This is why I hesitate to use Ikenvape products. I hear his products are great but they seem to be a total pain to get in to your hands, which is something I don't want to put up with.

MrBobVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2009
Robert from Florida
How similar are the Ego Mega dual coil cartos to the SmokTech Dual Coil cartos?

I am using both of those. It's a toss up as to which is better. I just go back and forth between the two. The Ego Mega does hold more but now they have the XXL clear dual carto (or whatever) and that holds a lot also but I just don't like the way it looks on my battery. I mean, if I'm going for the really big "Mega" type I will use the Ego Mega instead. And like I said I am also using the dual coil clear cartos and have modified my ego cone so it fits over it. One minor drawback for the clear ones are the bottom of the tube does crack and become loose at the battery connector end. I used two of these and it happened to both of them, even with the support of the cone. Anyway, yesterday I ordered more of the Ego Mega Duals and Clear Duals. Those two are my favorite right now.

MrBobVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2009
Robert from Florida
In my opinion, you might want to try the Ego Mega dual coil cartos. eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer I think they are better than the echo-e cartos... My 2 cents....

Just wanted to add to my comment:

I like them better because they produce a more warm inhale than the Echo's. LR's and Dual's in general produce a warm strong hit. Annnnnnnnnnnd that's what I like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread