Liquinator, Did I just waste my money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chr1s234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
I'm not tellin'
Ok so I just got my liquinator in the mail today. I was extremely excited to try it because I had heard so many good things. I filled and primed it, and the vape was awesome! I have never had this consistent and delicious performance from a carto.

Less than 2 hours after filling it it started to crack:facepalm:, loss of at least 2ml of juice and whatever was in the carto :( I read that it would crack with some kinds of juice but there was no way of telling which ones. I used Vaporbomb green apple in this one.

I don't think I want to spend 50 or 60 bucks on tubes trying to find out which of my juices will work. Are there any tank mods out there that are made of different material that will not crack with any juice? If not I'm afraid this is a bust for me which sucks cause I loved the performance.

Any info would be great thanks

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Green apple will do it. It's the malic acid in the flavor that gives it the sour note, and malic acid will crack a polycarbonate tank. I would recommend that you use your liquinator for safe juices, and make some syringe tanks for questionable juices.

I started a list of juice that will likely crack a polycarbonate tank. You can find a more updated list towards the end of the thread. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-cesd-clearos.html

Ok so I just got my liquinator in the mail today. I was extremely excited to try it because I had heard so many good things. I filled and primed it, and the vape was awesome! I have never had this consistent and delicious performance from a carto.

Less than 2 hours after filling it it started to crack:facepalm:, loss of at least 2ml of juice and whatever was in the carto :( I read that it would crack with some kinds of juice but there was no way of telling which ones. I used Vaporbomb green apple in this one.

I don't think I want to spend 50 or 60 bucks on tubes trying to find out which of my juices will work. Are there any tank mods out there that are made of different material that will not crack with any juice? If not I'm afraid this is a bust for me which sucks cause I loved the performance.

Any info would be great thanks

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Awesome, thanks for the info. Just got back from the tractor supply and am about to build some syringe mods. I'll order another of the standard tubes for those that I like that people already know are safe. :)

Good luck, I don't think I'll be around much this weekend if you have any questions, but there are tons of people in the homemade syringe thread listed by Spaz where you can get help if needed.

minx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2011
South Florida
Notcigs has the M1A1 tank that was released. It is not made from the same materials as all the other tanks, and is supposed to hold up to liquids that have been known to crack others. Actually, if you can crack it they will replace it, check out their forum here and
TANKS - notcigs.com
I have one, as well as tanks from other vendors, M1A1 is real nice

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Check the modder's section for a bunch of different DIY tank mods in addition to some single thread.

Try searching for Gummy-tank see what he is using for tubing shells. It's been around a while. There are other types of tanks too. MAP tanks for example. I don't use any of em, so I can't suggest one vs another but I do know there's tons of info in the modder's sub-forum.

Whatever DIY tank you build you can probably pick/swap the tubing in most cases for a more robust kind. Check also for threads that discuss safety and leeching of chemicals.

Last edited:

chr1s234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2010
I'm not tellin'
Well, got them finished thanks for all the help guys. Made this set a hair short, lesson learned for next time lol. Still holds plenty though :laugh: Think I'll eventually change out the 1ml plug with a 3ml plug cause I still have to use a syringe or I get juice everywhere with a dropper.

IMG_1039.jpg

Lonely^Driver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Singapore
How do you keep the juice from running out the battery end? I have never had success....Even though all the seals are tight, the juice still runs out the bottom of the carto....Thanks...

Possible reasons for this is,
1) Hole puntured too big
2) Liquid too thin(watery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread