Lavatube V2.5 With Kayfun 3.1 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
thinking about buying the kayfun 3.1 clone for use on my lavatube V2.5. first question is how safe is it to use on the lavatube i know it has circuit protection and stuff but i want to know if it is compatible for use on the lavatube. also what would be the best target coil ohm resistance to build for use with the lavatube ( i vape at ranges from 3.9 to 6 volts). also what is the best wick to use i was looking towards the silica wick. and is anyone using the lavatube with the kayfun rebuildable tank atomizer and if so what are your experiences? also any advice on what gauge wire to use i was thinking 32 AWG. also what is your advice on building good coils i normally use the 3 ohm cartomizers in the tube tank. but am wanting to go to rebuildable.

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
There's no reason the Kayfun wouldn't work great on the Lavatube, I have several with builds for my non-regulated mech mods through my various regulated APVs. I would suggest a build between 2-2.5 ohms to start for your lavatube. I build the one's for my vv/vw APVs at 2.0ohms and they rock!

As far as your wick, silica is what SvoeMesto 'recommends' in their online instructions however I run cotton in all mine cause I'm a maverick and such.

I have several Kayfun clones that I use on my LavaTube without any problems.
I build about 1.4 ohms and wick with cotton.
This is my 2nd favorite setup.
My current favorite is the Taifun GT clone with the same setup.

Could you possibly post a pic with the Lavatube 2.5 and the kayfun? I'm really curious how well it fits. I've got a kayfun on the way and I can't decide if I want to pair it with a bored out iTaste VTR, the Lavatube 2.5, or maybe a Provari Mini if I decide the extra Benjamin is worth it. I'm finally upgrading from a Vision Spinner/Protank 1-3 combo that's done me a solid for over the past year, and I'm poor so I wanna do it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread