Lavatube batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
Well i know there was a bit of a do when the lavatube first came out with the batteries being not what they were stated . So i think this would be a handy place to list which batteries fit please try to include as much detail as you can and if they last a long medium or shorter time than you expected . Personally i've had in my lavatube

Standard 2200Mah lavatube flat tops - these came with the device i know they aren't aw so i'll clasify them as unbranded
these are so far performing lovely for me and lasting a fair amount of time on a charge.

Ultrafire protected 3000MAh red and white jackets - as these aren't a flat top battery the end cap doesn't close fully approx 1mm gap - only had one charge so far but on the first go these weren't lasting as long as the unbranded above.

i know there's going to be a lot of people going with the AW brand and i for one won't be knocking them for that but if they are unavailable it might be nice to know which other batteries can be sourced and perform well.

Thanks,
Mark

woooozzaa

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
White Wood NB
As far as I'm aware the Lavatube was designed to only take safe chemistry batteries, which are not protected by nature. That means 18"65"0, 65mm in length (nipple or not). Anything with a protection circuit adds a couple mm to the total length and won't fit properly. I wouldn't personally put anything that isn't high drain in there anyway cause the booster circuit does draw more amps out of the cell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread