Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello once again and welcome to my review of the Vapefly Kriemhild 80 watt Kit that uses the Gunther Sub Ohm tank that is capable of using 3 different sized batteries with a total wattage output of 80 watts with boost circuitry. This is a simple device that uses wattage or bypass as power modes! ( sorry no TC ) for people that use it, I'll give you my thoughts on the Gunther tank, Mod and kit as a whole but first up is some information on the kit.

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Safe_and_Secure.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE KIT

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Packing.jpg

GUNTHER TANK FEATURES

1. Approved by German 103 Team

2. Top refilling system

3. Top airflow leak-proof, U shaped airflow

4. 5ml/3.5ml e-juice capacity

5. Compatible with FreeCore K Series Coils(Kriemhild II Coil), Kriemhild II RMC

6. Compatible with Vapefly Kriemhild 80W Kit

GUNTHER TANK PARAMETERS

Gunther-Top-Airflow-Tank-18.jpg

TANK AND MOD PARAMETERS

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Specifications.jpg

TOP AIRFLOW LEAK-PROOF

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Leakproof.jpg

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Top_Airflow.gif

TOP FILL

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Top_Fill.jpg

INCLUDED COILS

Gunther-Top-Airflow-Tank-13.jpg

RMC COIL COMPATABLE ALSO

Gunther-Top-Airflow-Tank-14.jpg

GUNTHER TANK BREAKDOWN

Gunther-Top-Airflow-Tank-17.jpg

KRIEMHILD KIT FEATURES

1. Contains Vapefly Kriemhild 80W Box Mod and Gunther Sub Ohm Tank

2. 80W max output power, Top refilling system

3. Top airflow leak-proof, U shaped airflow

4. Type-C fast charging

5. Compatible with FreeCore™ K Series Coils(Kriemhild II Coil), Kriemhild II RMC

6. Security alarm system from German 103 Team

7. Short Circuit/Overheat/10s Vaping/ Fully Charged Alarm

8. Compatible with 18650/20700/21700 battery

9. 3S chip protections: Short Circuit/Over Charge/10s Cut-off/Over-heat/Reversed Battery Connection/Over-current Protection

3 DIFFERENT BATTERY OPTIONS

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Battery.jpg

SAFETY AND BATTERY ALARM SYSTEM

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Security_Alarm_System.jpg

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Security_Alarm_System_2.jpg

SIX 3S CHIPSET PROTECTIONS

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Chip.jpg

GUNTHER TANK AND KRIEMHILD 80 MOD BREAKDOWN

Vapefly_Kriemhild_80W_Kit_Overview.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging is done in away that most quality kits are done with a box inside a outer sleeve that opens revealing the kits contents with all components consisting of the mod, tank and straight glass spare n their own foam cut outs with the spares bag of gaskets, charge cord, 2nd coil that's a 0.3Ω mesh (0.2Ω mesh is pre-installed) and the warranty card, user manual for the device and a user manual for the Gunther tank and a battery safety card as well as a point card worth 150 points underneath.

Of course the first thing that caught my eye was the gorgeous brushed metal on the Kriemhild mod, I've always loved the look of brushed metal because it has a raw look while being classy at the same time. The side plates add to the attractive appearance with a design at the top and bottom of the plate and the Kriemhild name in between both designs.

The Gunther Tank follows with it's appearance that I think match's the device nicely, I not very fond of tall tanks and the Gunther is starting to reach that category but it blends so well and looks right at home on top of the device.

I can't tell if the Gunther logo is a king or not but that's my impression of what it is and I have to say I like it. I left the pre-installed bubble glass on the tank because it looks good, my preference is a straight glass which when I saw it was included as a 2nd glass made me smile.

20220430_065325.jpg

GUNTHER TANK

Starting from the top, the Gunther Tank is a somewhat tall tank that just stops at me calling it tall because it fits the mod proportionately and actually looks better with the bubble glass on it vs the straight glass in my opinion.

I'm happy to say you can use your favorite 810 drip tips or if you choose to your favorite 510 drip tips with the 510 drip tip adaptor that's included in this kit, I liked the stock drip tip for looks and it performed well so I saw no need to install one of my own.

The top cap opens with a quarter turn and has knurling helping you get a good grip on it, when installed it feels solid and secure with a nice tight fit.

The Gunther has 2 membrane covered fill ports that fit any sized bottle tip and seal closed after filling, I wish all company's would put these membranes on their fill ports, there is also a minimum fill line printed on the tanks chimney. I had no problem or any mess filling with 100ml juice bottles during testing.

20220501_082739.jpg

Coils install by pushing them into the chimney with no flat spots needing to be lined up, the base then screws on.

When breaking down the Gunther Tank for cleaning the airflow control ring can be removed as well, after the airflow control ring is removed you can see the 2 airflow chambers have a downward angle to them. The airflow control ring has a series of 8 slots ( 4 on each side ) with hard stops preventing the ring from spinning freely. Airflow can be closed down for a very good RDL vape or used fully open giving a DL vape, any setting I tried the airflow was very smooth and the flavor was very good.

20220501_073411.jpg

As many devices do the battery is installed after removing the battery cap on the bottom of the device by lifting the hinge, threads are very smooth with no crunchy feel to them. There is a indentation cut into the cap that can fit a penny, nickel, dime or quarter to also open the battery cap if you wish, a series of 4 ventilation slots are also on the battery cap.

20220430_071202.jpg

Correct battery placement is marked within the battery tube with a Red + symbol for positive but there is no marking on the battery cap indicating negative. What makes the Kriemhild mod so nice is it can use 3 different battery sizes without any rattle from any size used . ( 21700 - 20700 - 18650 with the provided 18650 battery adaptor ).

20220430_071820.jpg

The top plate can fit a atomizer up to 26mm without any overhang and the 510 pin is spring loaded and has a very good amount of travel to it fitting 8 atomizers that I screwed on the device. There are 3 curved lines on the 510 plate that serve no purpose other than a aesthetic look since they don't travel to the outside of the top plate for a air supply for atomizers the get their air supply via the 510 plate.

Being such a simple easy to operate device with only 2 power modes (WATTAGE - BYPASS ) the display screen in pretty basic in what is displayed and is only a black and white color display, surprisingly there is no puff counter on it just a battery bar, wattage reading or bypass, ohm load and volts. During charging a battery percentage with a battery bar is displayed on the screen. Wattage is increased/decreased in .5 watt increments and includes a round robin feature.

20220430_072348.jpg

Looking at the sides that a a beautiful brushed metal that travels around the mod including the spine and stops at the button faceplate that has a solid metal look without brush strokes for a great display of 2 textures that come together very nicely. On each side is a metal plate with a design at the top and bottom with KRIEMHILD written in a old English style that really make the device look even more classy and attractive. Picking the device up you feel just how solidly built it is along with it's weight, this is no lightweight device weighing in at 159.5 grams.

20220430_070716.jpg

The face of the device is pretty basic and plain with no display but the control buttons break up the basic look with texture, the adjustment buttons have a different look than the fire buttons texture of horizontal lines. Type-C charge port is below the adjustment buttons. I don't know what the small hole under the fire button is for, it isn't mentioned in the manual.

20220430_070920.jpg

I happen to like the top mounted display screen that is very bright and vivid with good sized fonts that are easily seen without any eye strain to view them, as mentioned earlier this is a very simple device with a simple display. Display screen information is as follows from top down and left to right.

* Battery Bar

* Wattage

* Ohm Load

* Volts

20220501_085622.jpg

I really like the way the brushed metal comes across as raw steel but it's a fooler because the surface is silky smooth to the touch. In my opinion the Gunther tank pairs very well with this beautiful device.

20220501_084900.jpg

PROS

* Attractive Tank And Device

* 3 Different Battery Options - ( 21700, 20700, 18650 )

* Very Good Flavor Tank

* Many Coil Options

* Round Robin Feature

* Safety Warning buzzers

* Simple And Easy Menu

* Easy To Operate

* Responsive Control Buttons

* Type - C

* Strong And Solid Build Quality

* Bright And Vivid

* Textured Buttons

CONS

* Heavy For Some People

FINAL IMMPRESIONS AFTER USING

The combination of the Gunther Tank and Kriemhild Mod has become a favorite of mine and I will be Getting more coils for future use. I tested this kit with a juice that I know very well and the flavor came through nicely giving a saturated vape full of the many different flavor notes of the juice.

The fill port membranes keep the inside of the top cap pretty much juice free and work as intended. Because there is a O-ring inside the drip tip opening you can use any standard drip tip but the included on worked well so I kept it on during testing.

This is one of the smoothest air flows I've come across in the many Tanks I've reviewed, it's smooth at any setting from wide open to very tightly closed down. Another plus is that although not silent my any means it's not very loud and being a top air Tank it's pretty much leakproof.

The Kriemhild Mod is so simple to operate the menu system that consist of only a few button combinations that I'll list below.

* On/Off - 5 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* Change Power Modes - 3 Quick Presses Of The Fire Button

* Lock/Unlock The Adjustment Buttons - Press And Hold The Up And Down Buttons Simultaneously

* Flip The Display Screen - Press And Hold The Fire And Up Buttons Simultaneously

* Stealth Mode - Press And Hold The Fire And Up Buttons Simultaneously

My only con on this device is the weight of it, I only list it as a con because some folks don't like weighty devices, for me however I'm fine with it because it shows just how strongly built the device is.

Buttons are very responsive, 3 battery options, 80 watt max power, type-c, very good flavor on the supplied coils with the option to build your own drop in coils using the Kriemhild II Coils or the RMC Coils to save some cash makes this whole kit a big time winner for me.

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing this wonderful Vapefly Kriemhild 80 Kit to me for the purpose of this review and if you wish to purchase this kit or anything from Sourcemores website use the code ROBERT for some money saving discounts, I'll leave a link for it at Sourcemore for you. Vapefly Kriemhild 80W Kit with 5ml Gunther Sub Ohm Tank

Thank You
    Bigbob2322

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Nice review buddy,enjoyed reading this one.

I've had this in my review wish list for quite a while but no luck yet,will keep on trying thou it does look like one sleek device.
    Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it my friend. I think your findings will be the same as mine once you get it for review which I hope is soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread