Status
Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Or they don't want THE MAN telling them what to do, but if the label is voluntary and not required by the MAN then it's harmless. I'm looking at my FINITI package and there is one sentence: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. It doesn't say WHY.

Really?? REALLY!?? You seriously don't no why it says that?? Really??,,,.... Really?...Really??? Can you maybe take a guess?

Did you ever wonder why brick walls don't come out with a big sign that say's "Warning!!! If you drive your car at 100mph into me it could hurt or even kill you, Because impacts at a high rate of speed will squish you flat dead!!!

Or as big as the warning on the bag over your drycleaning that warns you not to let children play with the bag and explains exactly WHY.

So, you are really telling me that if that explanation wasn't there that you would never of known that putting a plastic bag over your head could possibly shut off your supply of air and cause you to die of suffocation? Really??

Suffocation, jolly suffocation, suffocation, the game that's fun to play!!

First you take a pillow case,

Then you wrap it round your face,

Go to Bed,

Wake up DEAD!!!

Babbity Rabbity.

ROFLMFAO!!!

vape long and prosper!!

I apologize to those of you with insufficient synaptic connections, that my take offense to my post or feel insulted. I mean no offense, it's just that I can't help myself. And I know one cannot do anything about there genetic predisposition. My mother told me when I was a baby, that it takes all kinds of people to make this world. I'm not laughing at you, it's just some things strike me as ridiculous. and when this happens, I laugh. My bad.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The problem with this thread is that, again, its entire premise is misguided. The OP is under the impression that if we can make the world more idiot-proof, then we've done some good. The intentions are good. The results are never good enough, and the process starts all over again.

But the cold, hard and honest reality is that no matter how hard we try to make things idiot-proof, the world keeps making bigger idiots.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
The problem with this thread is that, again, its entire premise is misguided. The OP is under the impression that if we can make the world more idiot-proof, then we've done some good. The intentions are good. The results are never good enough, and the process starts all over again.

But the cold, hard and honest reality is that no matter how hard we try to make things idiot-proof, the world keeps making bigger idiots.

We have idiots running the country. Even worse idiots running other parts of the country.

What I tell my kids. Use common sense.. God gave you thing on your shoulders to carry something precious.. use it.

Ren79

Sep 19, 2013
Portland, OR
We already live in a world where these signs have been deemed necessary:

warning-label-main.jpg
03.jpg
attachment-21.jpg
viral4377864azj1.jpg

This is just more of the same stupid way of thinking. It's not about rebelling against being told what to do, it's demanding that people be held accountable for their own actions and start using their common sense.

If a person can't figure out cigarettes are dangerous, I'm surprised how they made it to adulthood. And if a person knows cigarettes are dangerous, and nicotine is the drug that's in cigarettes, and in ejuice form it's more concentrated, they shouldn't have been allowed to breed. As a parent, if something says "warning" or "danger" or "keep away from kids" on it, I'm not gonna worry about the "why" of it, I'm just going to keep that stuff where my kids can't get to it. All these ultra obvious, idiot proof, corporation CYA signs do is circumvent evolution. Before them, people too dumb to use their head enough to not do certain things would have just died off, cutting off their gene pool. Now they get to live another day, continuing the cycle of stupidity.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Those signs remind me of the lady that called into the radio asking why don't we move the deer crossing signs somewhere else. I mean really do they have to be on the highway that I drive on. The announcer/broadcaster I think was really trying to keep his composure and not laugh but asked her where she thought the signs should be moved to. She said I don't but we don't want them near this highway can't we just put them on gravel roads somewhere?

She failed to see the logic that deer aren't looking for the signs as to where they can cross safely...it's to warn the drivers that this is where deer have been known to cross heavily.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Those signs remind me of the lady that called into the radio asking why don't we move the deer crossing signs somewhere else. I mean really do they have to be on the highway that I drive on. The announcer/broadcaster I think was really trying to keep his composure and not laugh but asked her where she thought the signs should be moved to. She said I don't but we don't want them near this highway can't we just put them on gravel roads somewhere?

She failed to see the logic that deer aren't looking for the signs as to where they can cross safely...it's to warn the drivers that this is where deer have been known to cross heavily.

:lol:

That just about sums it up!!!!!

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
If a person can't figure out cigarettes are dangerous, I'm surprised how they made it to adulthood. And if a person knows cigarettes are dangerous, and nicotine is the drug that's in cigarettes, and in ejuice form it's more concentrated, they shouldn't have been allowed to breed. As a parent, if something says "warning" or "danger" or "keep away from kids" on it, I'm not gonna worry about the "why" of it, I'm just going to keep that stuff where my kids can't get to it. All these ultra obvious, idiot proof, corporation CYA signs do is circumvent evolution. Before them, people too dumb to use their head enough to not do certain things would have just died off, cutting off their gene pool. Now they get to live another day, continuing the cycle of stupidity.

LOL, "this sign has sharp edges" -- a sign whose entire purpose is to warn you about itself. That's awesome. :)

Yeah, the funny thing about this thread is that it'd be much easier for a small child to eat a bunch of cigarettes than it would be for a small child to dismantle a disposable vaporizer and consume the polyfill inside it. Or so I'd think. But despite all of the countless warnings and pejoratives tossed around on a daily basis about smoking and smokers, I can't remember the last time I heard anyone express concern that someone might poison himself by eating a cigarette.

Seems like the concern here is more than a little overwrought, is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread