Just melted an eGomega carto. WTF?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
So I was vaping away on a full carto, when all of the sudden it started getting warmer than normal. I set it down and it continued to vape for a second or so. When I went to pick it up I noticed the sides of the carto are now a bit deformed. It was vaping hot, but it is not dry. What did I do to it?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Update, aparentley it is one of the batts that is now not working(and smells a little). My last carto and atty and a 510 carto I just bought from a friend of mine work on one eGo batt but not the other. The button lights up normal like, but starts flashing after a few seconds. It is charged, just pulled off the charger before I melted a cart. So what gives, any ideas?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Shorted battery maybe? Try wiping down your connections with a bit of sturdy fabric dipped in PGA. Let it dry a bit, and try again.

Looks like it WAS shorted, now just dead. There was a little piece of carto stuck down around the base(glad I didn't try to charge it). Any more suggestions?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
If you've got the piece out, I would still wipe your connections down. You could do this weekly and improve your overall battery life. You may be surprised what comes off of there. Be sure to inspect it thouroughly again, to make sure you haven't missed another piece of carto somewhere.

I wipe my connections everytime I charge. Though I did not after the cart went FUBAR. MAYBE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD TIME TO DO THAT. Doh! Anyone know if I got the peice out and the batt now lights up w/out blinking after a few secs if I should try and charge it?

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Bump...Anyone know if a smelly batt can come back from the dead? The button lights when pressed, but no vapor produced. I'm thinking of trying to charge it, but not sure. I already ordered a replacement, but probably won't see it till monday. I am tired of running down two 510 batts in the time it takes to charge my remaining eGo batt. Besides, eGo mega cartos look dumb on a 510. lol

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
LowThudd, if you do try to charge up that dead batt, do not leave it unattended. Check often to see if it is over heating.

As with most other rechargeables, lithium batterys do not like to be run completely dead. Sometimes they just won't come back.

Definitely, I would not try to recharge it with the USB on the PC. Use the wall adapter and start with short, say 30 second bursts, let it rest, burst again. Then increase the time to 60 seconds etc. till you finally just let it fully charge.

If the battery or charger become hot during this process...just toss the batt in the recyling bin.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
LowThudd, if you do try to charge up that dead batt, do not leave it unattended. Check often to see if it is over heating.

As with most other rechargeables, lithium batterys do not like to be run completely dead. Sometimes they just won't come back.

Definitely, I would not try to recharge it with the USB on the PC. Use the wall adapter and start with short, say 30 second bursts, let it rest, burst again. Then increase the time to 60 seconds etc. till you finally just let it fully charge.

If the battery or charger become hot during this process...just toss the batt in the recyling bin.

Thanks for your input. But the smell of it started giving me a headache from a few feet away. Obviously I can't vape it now. Anyone want it? I am not about to disect it, and I have already ordered a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread