Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini vs VaporFlask Stout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santos89

Jan 10, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to decide on a smaller mod.

I currently use a sigelei 150w tc and a P4Y IPV3LI. I run everything from Temple rda's to Atlantis 2's and uwell Crowns on them.

This mod will mainly be for subtanks and RTAs.

I've been looking at the Evic VTC mini and the Vaporflask Stout. I like the design of both. I've tried the VTC a few times and it works like a charm. However the Stout seems to me to be quite interesting with it's 26650 and 100 watt range.

However, is the Stout much better than the Evic VTC? Does the 26650 offer any advantage over a good 18650 (Samsung 25R or VTC4)?

Hope you can help me :)

Thanks.

Reactions: redrebel821

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to decide on a smaller mod.

I currently use a Sigelei 150w tc and a P4Y IPV3LI. I run everything from Temple RDA's to Atlantis 2's and Uwell Crowns on them.

This mod will mainly be for subtanks and RTAs.

I've been looking at the Evic VTC mini and the Vaporflask Stout. I like the design of both. I've tried the VTC a few times and it works like a charm. However the Stout seems to me to be quite interesting with it's 26650 and 100 watt range.

However, is the Stout much better than the Evic VTC? Does the 26650 offer any advantage over a good 18650 (Samsung 25R or VTC4)?

Hope you can help me :)

Thanks.
26650s have better battery capacity, other than that 18650s are generally better. Personally, I'll take the 3000 mAh LG hg2 over a possibly ok 26650 made by who knows (they're almost all rewraps). Don't buy too much into the 100w feature. 26650s can't generally handle more current than 18650s and 100w is simply a bit too much on a single-battery mod (definitely too much if you care about battery runtime at all).

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: redrebel821

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
I agree. When LG, Sony and Samsung start pumping out 26650's then they are ready for general use. Until then, I would stick with VTC Mini.
I doubt they ever will. VTC's dried up for 3/4 a year because Sony realigned their distribution system because they didn't like how their batteries were being connected to vaping. LG and Samsung might not care that much, but I am doubtful that they would produce a battery specifically for the E-Cig community. 18650's are great because that size is usually a go to for cells in tons of devices. Until someone goes to Sony or the others and asks them to produce 26650 cells for their battery packs for an EV car, Laptop battery, or UPS, its doubtful you will see any entries from them.

Reactions: ian91

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I doubt they ever will. VTC's dried up for 3/4 a year because Sony realigned their distribution system because they didn't like how their batteries were being connected to vaping. LG and Samsung might not care that much, but I am doubtful that they would produce a battery specifically for the E-Cig community. 18650's are great because that size is usually a go to for cells in tons of devices. Until someone goes to Sony or the others and asks them to produce 26650 cells for their battery packs for an EV car, Laptop battery, or UPS, its doubtful you will see any entries from them.
I agree. Not much demand for 26650s outside vaping, and even there 18650s are and will remain the standard.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: ian91

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I have both the VTC mini and the stout. The stout is a nice device, but it is seriously hamstrung by the lack of good 26650s available on the market. Because of this, 100 Watts is unreasonable to expect. From my experience, batteries that don't have enough current handling capacity (CDR) will cause the stout to display "weak battery" and refuse to fire.
With a 25-35 amp CDR battery, the stout is fine up to 60-75 Watts.
If you like the VF stout, check out the VF mini, battery selection is a lot better, and the battery door seems to be a lot more durable vs the stout's.
The VTC mini is a nice device; the screen is large and easy to read, the features all work. The VTC mini tends to drain batteries pretty damn fast, but that is to be expected.
If the stout is attractive to you because of the increased mah capacity of the 26650 vs 18650, you should consider dual 18650 mods instead.
I like my stout, but I would like it a lot more if there were 26650s on the market that were the equal of top tier 18650s.

Reactions: Eugene lim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread