[Joyetech Evic VTC Mini] -VS- [Aspire Odyssey Mini] ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coUx

Mar 18, 2016
Hello, :)
Here I am looking for a start kit -- still deciding between these two:

1. joyetech eVic VTC Mini
2. Aspire Odyssey pegasus Mini

Both are about the same price at where I live

- I do care of its reliability in long-term usage
I mean, which one is more reliable and less problematic?

I've been smoking cigarette for too long, and I want to change
So I'm a newbie here and still need to learn a lot more
I therefore need loads of advice

Which one would you guys prefer?, and why?
Or if anyone ever has them in hand, I'd be so glad if you could please tell me your experience
- You are also pleased to suggest any other devices :D

Thank you very much! :wub:

*EDIT:
And if I choose eVic VTC, which tank should I go for?
The normal one or TRON? Do they perform a big difference?

Last edited:

coUx

Mar 18, 2016
Of the two, I would go with the eVic VTC Mini kit. It is 10 watts more powerful and the new firmware upgrade is now available to allow it to run 3 types of temp control wire versus Nickel only for the Aspire.

Welcome to the board.

Thank you! :wub:

Do you think the firmware upgradability is necessary?
(As if I'm not gonna be too fancy about modeling and stuffs;
I think I'm only gonna use just the tank given -- if it's not broken :p)

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thank you! :wub:

Do you think the firmware upgradability is necessary?
(As if I'm not gonna be too fancy about modeling and stuffs;
I think I'm only gonna use just the tank given -- if it's not broken :p)
I dunno about necessary. But it's not hard to do and usually advisable.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Are you ready for something weird?

OK. Buckle up. :confused:

I think Joyetech are a dreadful company with a shoddy attitude to customers. I have more broken stuff from them then any other make. Not once did I get anything replaced or fixed. It has taken them too long to 'get in game' as they were so busy selling outdated junk piled high to the ceilings in the e-cig mafia shops (work it out) for maximum profit. BUT, they were losing ground to Aspire, Sieglei, IPV and even the addition of the Eleaf brand to the stable was making them look lazy and arrogant.
Then, one day, things stated to look up... a fresh collection of mods and, hooray! some half decent tanks and even the prices took a tumble.
So, I bought an eVic mini VTC despite seeing the original VTC mods in bins and permanently dead in people's vape box.
Somewhere along the line, they have 'sorted' it and got back in the race. :thumb:

Aspire have always been good, but boy are they pushing the prices. I can't find anything by them anymore that even vaguely interests me at the price point. I found the Odyssey kit for £65 this morning and even that is about £15 more than I would spend on a 'starter' kit.

So - I would buy the Joyetech eVic VTC mod and a separate tank(s), probably Kanger or Eleaf. I would not buy a Joyetech tank even with the 'new tech' as the replacement coils are too expensive and, well, it's Joyetech and I can't forgive them 100% overnight.

Today, I was running the eVic with a GS tank. At the moment, this is the cheapest and most value-for-money arrangement. If I want to sub-ohm, I use a Kanger tank. (or a dripper)
Whatever 'Tron' is, you can bet your life it's too expensive and supplies are limited to the e-cig mafia shops - they don't need our money.
Basically, I don't like Joyetech but if the mod is the best in class, it's the best in class.
(Which I believe it is, at the moment).
Best of all, I paid £32 for my eVic and £8 for my GS tank. :)

coUx

Mar 18, 2016
Are you ready for something weird?

OK. Buckle up. :confused:

I think Joyetech are a dreadful company with a shoddy attitude to customers. I have more broken stuff from them then any other make. Not once did I get anything replaced or fixed. It has taken them too long to 'get in game' as they were so busy selling outdated junk piled high to the ceilings in the e-cig mafia shops (work it out) for maximum profit. BUT, they were losing ground to Aspire, Sieglei, IPV and even the addition of the Eleaf brand to the stable was making them look lazy and arrogant.
Then, one day, things stated to look up... a fresh collection of mods and, hooray! some half decent tanks and even the prices took a tumble.
So, I bought an eVic mini VTC despite seeing the original VTC mods in bins and permanently dead in people's vape box.
Somewhere along the line, they have 'sorted' it and got back in the race. :thumb:

Aspire have always been good, but boy are they pushing the prices. I can't find anything by them anymore that even vaguely interests me at the price point. I found the Odyssey kit for £65 this morning and even that is about £15 more than I would spend on a 'starter' kit.

So - I would buy the Joyetech eVic VTC mod and a separate tank(s), probably Kanger or Eleaf. I would not buy a Joyetech tank even with the 'new tech' as the replacement coils are too expensive and, well, it's Joyetech and I can't forgive them 100% overnight.

Today, I was running the eVic with a GS tank. At the moment, this is the cheapest and most value-for-money arrangement. If I want to sub-ohm, I use a Kanger tank. (or a dripper)
Whatever 'Tron' is, you can bet your life it's too expensive and supplies are limited to the e-cig mafia shops - they don't need our money.
Basically, I don't like Joyetech but if the mod is the best in class, it's the best in class.
(Which I believe it is, at the moment).
Best of all, I paid £32 for my eVic and £8 for my GS tank. :)

Thank you for sharing! :wub:

At where I live,
- eVic VTC mini / Aspire Odyssey mini / Kanger Subox mini
They all are sold for about the same price (which is expensive -- but, hmm, acceptable,
as I cannot order/import them from elsewhere anyway due to some policies :confused:)

So, despite the price, do you still give eVic VTC mini thumbs up?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thank you for sharing! :wub:

At where I live,
- eVic VTC mini / Aspire Odyssey mini / Kanger Subox mini
They all are sold for about the same price (which is expensive -- but, hmm, acceptable,
as I cannot order/import them from elsewhere anyway due to some policies :confused:)

So, despite the price, do you still give eVic VTC mini thumbs up?

Yes, I think so. Then again, I didn't see that Kanger subox mini was a possibility.
The mod seems quite good (the Kanger) and particularly handsome in Platinum.
In generally, Kanger stuff is more widely available.

In the UK, 'Kanger' is the no # 1 e-cig search on Google... which is good, as Kanger make good products and people know what they are looking for, which beats the old system of trusting Google to find you 'the best e-cig' which often leads to financial tragedy.

coUx

Mar 18, 2016
Are all these the "Starter kits" that come with a tank/mod combination?

The VTC Mini is a great mod but Joyetech tanks are not the greatest.

The Subox mini kit comes with the Subtank Mini which is much better than the tanks that come with the eVic.

What tank comes with the Aspire?

Yush! they all come with the whole set
But I don't quite like the design of the Kanger one :(

The Aspire tank is Triton mini.
Any comment to the Aspire mod as well?

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
Yush! they all come with the whole set
But I don't quite like the design of the Kanger one :(

The Aspire tank is Triton mini.
Any comment to the Aspire mod as well?
I hear the Triton Mini is a good tank and so is the Subtank Mini. They're much better than the tanks that are included with the eVic Mini unless it's the Cubis which is working for me although it too has mixed reviews. I actually tried the Tron S tank that came with my eVic Mini and it was quite crappy. It's in the bottom of a drawer somewhere now.

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread