Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
No, a Li-Io, when it's full, it's full, and it shouldn't drain anything.
However, there have been some slightly defective PCCs a while ago, where an almost empty PCC could drain the battery, or rather, they distributed what little power was there between the PCC and the battery. Haven't heard about that one in a while, though, so it is very likely not anything you need to worry about.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
I've noticed my 510 PCC 's are poorly made. I had to send my first 2 back and get replacements and bought 2 extra ones. After a couple uses one of my PCC 's doesn't close properly and sometimes it doesn't push the battery down far enough to charge. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there any way to fix this? I was thinking of putting small ball and tape it to the end where the battery is pushed down so it pushes it down a little further, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

menthollight

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
USA

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I've noticed my 510 PCC 's are poorly made. I had to send my first 2 back and get replacements and bought 2 extra ones. After a couple uses one of my PCC 's doesn't close properly and sometimes it doesn't push the battery down far enough to charge. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there any way to fix this? I was thinking of putting small ball and tape it to the end where the battery is pushed down so it pushes it down a little further, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you go to a hardware store or a walmart you can find some peel-n-stick felt sheets. Trim one to the size of the inside of the top, peel, and stick it on. I got the black felt for one pcc and the pool table green for the other. It looks normal, it insures that the battery makes contact, and protects the LED cap from wear.

For the "closing properly" part, use gently pressure to bend the latching tab outwards. This will increase the locking strength and help it stay closed.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
^ Thanks for the felt tip. Great, simple idea.

I noticed the eGo/Tornado PCC case on TotallyWicked's homepage. There is a youtube video showing the case. What I don't like is it does not have any specific holders for atomizers or cartridges/cartomizers. There is a slot for 1 battery to charge and a slot for an extra battery, and space for an atomizer, but nothing designed to specifically hold the atomizer.

With the mega cylinder eGo attys and carts, if I had a PCC that could charge 1 battery, hold 1 extra battery and hold 1 mega atomizer and 2 mega carts I would be good for all day vapin.

It looks like the Janty eGo PCC in menthollight's link is a little different than the PCC on TW's homepage. I think I like the Janty one more. Looks like it holds everything I would need.

- Charges one regular or XL battery with enough room for a mega atty or carto connected
- Holds an extra battery, 650 or 900mA
- Holds a custom made thin and long 10 ml juice bottle
- Holds 2 mega eGo cartridges

That would be perfect for all day vaping, and with the 10 ml bottle and the carts filled this PCC would be perfect for a weekend out.

Last edited:

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Mine no longer closes properly and started springing open all by itself. I bent the knob side of the lid in by hand to fix it.

While I am not impressed with the craftsmanship, my PCC really has been handy. But as I have only had it a month and have already begun having issues, I doubt the device will last.

Chemfatale

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Canada
Ya the workmanship dopes leave a lot to be desired. Especially when you see other PCCs that carry 2 batteries 2 atomizers and 4-5 cartridges. And those Janty eGo PCCs are looking to be quite the step above the 510/Titan PCCs.

I actually had 1 dead on arrival and then my second 510 PCC stopped charging batteries after a few weeks, so I got 2 replacements and 2 backups. With the backups, one is not closing properly, but works with a a couple layers of tape folded and taped on the top of the PCC that pushes down the battery. Without the extra tape the top of the PCC wouldn't push down the battery enough to charge it.

Oh well, only a week and a bit before I receive my eGos! I highly recommend not bothering with 510 PCCs and just getting an XL eGo with mega attys and mega carts that hold 2 ml of e-juice.

With the 900mA battery most people wont need to bring an extra battery while at work or druing their day, and with 2 mega carts you get 4 ml of juice which should last people all day as well. Use 1 XL 900mA battery and 2 mega carts holding 4 ml of juice during the day and swithch to the other 900mA battery with 2 more mega carts for night. That's 1800mA and 8 ml of juice in 2 batts and 4 carts!

Can't see myself ever even needing all of that in a day myself. Not needing to bother bringing extra e-juice bottles, extra batts and PCCs around, just 1 batt and 2 carts seems to be the way to go. Although I'll probably buy the Janty eGo PCC just cuz it holds everything so nicely. It would last me a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread