IVape Varitube X (Silver not chrome model)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Dernbach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Well after only 1 1/2 months my Varitube X has died with the same problem ALLOT of people are having with this model.....center (+) pin in the 510 connector has started making contact with the outside (-) due to a poor 510 connector design. Since this is out of warranty, and I doubt they would fix/exchange it, its up to me to see if anyone can give me any indication as to how this connector (Or top of the unit) is held on to the top/tube. I have replacement connectors ordered, and would like to salvage this unit as it is a BEAST when it worked!

I know lava-tube knock offs such as these all pretty much the same, but each may be assembled differently. Anyone with knowledge of how this specific model (Silver VariTube X) is assembled would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Scott,

Although both my Young-June v1.5t Vtubes are working perfectly after five months, my Young-June chrome v2.0 died after three months from the same cause. Repair proved impossible because of the way the 510 connector is manufactured inside the eGo-type top cap. Although the connector itself seems substandard with those cheap silicon o-rings and delicate wiring, it was apparently welded into the top cap to withstand a nuclear blast. The v1.5t versions use a different flush cap design that may lend itself more easily to user repair by allowing replacement of the connector.

See my post here for a relevant comment.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
My first Lavatube version (black powder coated alluminum) has out lasted my SS LT. The spring on the 510 of the center pin connection broke on my SS. My black LT has no center pin.

It's a bummer because the center pin gave more air flow. I don't know if it could be fixed.

I used tweezers and pulled the pin back up and I can get it to stay up, and then carefully screw an atty on there and it will work. But it's a pain in the .... to use it every time I want to switch atty's. I don't know if there's a way to fix the spring.

Anyways...to the OP, I know how you feel.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i just got one of the varitube kits from ivape, and so far, so good...looking at the posts though, i fear it will be a matter of time before it gives up the ghost. i will be gentle with it. works really well right now. not a bad step up from my twists.

i should add, however, that i found a real lt on the classies and it's on the way to me!

Zonablazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
Sierra Vista, AZ
I've got a black varitube x and have the same issue. 6 months after purchasing the silicone band around the center pin corroded and now the pin drops down. I can get it to work by pulling the pin with tweezers or a paperclip but it's annoying as heck every time I want to put something different on it.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
SoberSnyper:8519418 said:
I'm tellin' ya, the best LTs are still the L-Rider 1.0 and 1.5. Last forever and perform great. All those new-fangled models can't compare. Get a horse, whippersnapper.

Have the L-Riders started using PWM yet?
I don't think so, but I'm not sure about the newer models. The lack of PWM is what I like about the LTs. Much smoother vape.

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
Scott Dernbach:7487645 said:
Well after only 1 1/2 months my Varitube X has died with the same problem ALLOT of people are having with this model.....center (+) pin in the 510 connector has started making contact with the outside (-) due to a poor 510 connector design. Since this is out of warranty, and I doubt they would fix/exchange it, its up to me to see if anyone can give me any indication as to how this connector (Or top of the unit) is held on to the top/tube. I have replacement connectors ordered, and would like to salvage this unit as it is a BEAST when it worked!
You can fix these, but first you have to pry off the flat top, carefully push the center pin out (upwards), either reposition the old gasket or use a new one (should be same as those on a Vivi Nova head), and all without breaking the wires. Better have a soldering iron handy just in case. I've fixed a couple but it does take patience...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread