Is your Mini a DSE901 or a RN4075?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
as a general rule the DSE type comes direct from china.. the RN which is now much more common from most western sellers..

waynes (HG) are the DSE type..

the oddly named one from bestecig.com china is a DSE 901 type..

a direct comparison leaford would be good.. i would make sure u use a brand new battery and the same brand new battery for each test thow..

its the atomizer differences folks are after..

trog

NathanS

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 1, 2008
    Portland, OR USA
    I have both types. They both are good but i have more problems with my RN than my DSE901. The RN used up the battery faster, i think i get about 50% more runtime with my 901. It's hard to compare the Vapor volume because i bought them at different times but they both produce good vapor. I think the atomizers on the 901 last longer because there more efficient. This could be biased because i sell the 901's but my friends all seem to like my 901 better.

One thing to reamember is that it seems like some people get better units than other people. For example some RN's work better than other RN's and some DSE's work better than other DSE's.

I also want to note that i offer a 30 day warrenty on my DSE901's and havent had a single complain or return of anything.

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 23, 2008
    UK
    The bottom line is that both are great introductory eCigarettes for new users. More experienced users might care about the differences. They are both inexpensive and you will get your monies worth either way.

yes.. i would agree with that.. i might even say for the genuine new user (just pop a cart in and go) the DSE type is perhaps the better choice.. but both types are okay..

trog

jeff262

Mar 20, 2009
    you guys are freaking me out, after reading for hours and hours i ordered a 901 last night since it seems to be the best/most reliable unit with the least amount of complaints then i read a thread like this and now i start to think i got the wrong one...augh...i just need to go and sit in a cave until the 901 arrives, i'm a smoker so i guess that make me paraniod by nature since obama is trying to take away the only plesure i still have...taxing the crap out of my smokes!

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2008
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Well this will be interesting for me to compare then, Rob. But either way I can mix and match my parts and be okay right?

Yes, the parts will work. But I would probably use the DSE901 atomizer rather than the RN4075 atomizer.

The RN4075 Atomizer is more 'bridged' then the DSE901, so the 901 Will stick further into the cartridge where as the RN4075 may have issues with the 901 cartridges. (Doesnt get as much juice out of the DSE901 cartridges, in my opinion)

But it may have just been a mental thing :p Try it for yourself, I've heard stories lately that some of the newer RN4075s/DSE901s have been having issues fitting the threads of each other. But typically those are few and far between

Houdini

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2009
    Las Vegas
    you guys are freaking me out, after reading for hours and hours i ordered a 901 last night since it seems to be the best/most reliable unit with the least amount of complaints then i read a thread like this and now i start to think i got the wrong one...augh...i just need to go and sit in a cave until the 901 arrives, i'm a smoker so i guess that make me paraniod by nature since obama is trying to take away the only plesure i still have...taxing the crap out of my smokes!
    Nothing to freak out about. There is no right or wrong one. They are basically identical and all interchangeable. It doesn't matter which one you get. The only difference I've read about is the 4075 atomizer burns a little hotter and produces a little more vapor. Which means it may burn out faster but who knows. I have a couple of each and there is no huge difference between one or the other. They all fit each others battery. They all use the same carts. They all fit the USB pass and they all fit the ScrewDriver.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2008
    New Philadelphia, OH
    Well the passthrough I ordered and connected to my 4075 lit up but didn't vape. I sent it back. What's up with that?

The switches in the USB Passthrough are really sensitive, they even light up if you blow on the top casing of the battery. Similar to how the 510s operate :p

It just may have had issues making contact with the 4075, there's a tin foil trick but don't recall the link ;P

Sounds like it just didnt make a good contact Lucky. It confused me with several of mine that people claimed didnt work, but when I got them I tested em out and wallah, they worked fine. :p

Houdini

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Well the passthrough I ordered and connected to my 4075 lit up but didn't vape. I sent it back. What's up with that?
    I know exactly what's up with that. The contact point in the atomizer is not connecting with the one in the passthrough. The contact in the battery stick out a little further and is connecting with the atomizer but the center contact in the USB is not sticking out far enough to touch the one in the atomizer. A way to fix that is to use a small needle nose plyers and pull the center contact of the atomizer out very gently and not to hard. Just enough so it touchs the one in the USB when screwed together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread