IPV D3 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Oct 29, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
Looks like ipv may be getting into the all-in-one market.

If it's as hardy as the D2 with step down, SS TC, and air flow control then I feel like it could sweep Kanger's new NEBOX.

I love the idea of All-In-One and have been enthralled with the design concept since the first time I saw a BilletBox. Now with the e-Grip, RailBox, and NEBOX all hitting the shelf there is still just something "lacking" in all of them. Maybe ipv will knock it out of the park, and we will all benefit.

Idk if I can post a vendor link, but I figured since it's not actually for sale and the only place I've seen any information on it I would try.
Link:
IPV D3 80 watt Temp Control Box Mod - 101 Vape

BadLuckAndTrouble

Oct 29, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
hows about some pics.

There aren't pics yet lol. This is the first I've heard of it at all. Just figured if anyone else was thinking of jumping on the NEBOX they may want to save their money for an IPV product. I'm an IPV fan and try and buy from them when they have a mod that meets my needs. Also like Kangertech and Innokin as well. They've always stood behind their products when I've had any problems.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Oct 29, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
Got excited when I saw the title of a new iPV D3. An all in one is not exciting to me, seems more of a niche thing.
Kinda disappointed now, I got pretty excited for a second there.

Every other mention of the D3 says it will be an updated D2, so maybe the all in one is just speculation at this point.

Either way another compact power mod in the same vein as the D2 is definitely welcomed.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
80 watts huh? im hoping its a dual 18650. cause my d2 eats batteries above 60 watts, as expected. oh ya, and it better have step down in wattage mode. my d2 is my daily driver for work. her paint job isnt pretty anymore and shes been dropped about 10 times, buttons crusty with pipe dope, pvc primer, glue. etc, still works. solid mod, imo.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I'd like to think the SX-130H-V2 has incorporated the better Ti01 settings found with the latest updates of the SX-350J.

I sold my SX Mini M class after getting a D2 because the D2 was lighter and vaped just as well in Ti01 mode. Since I don't use Kanthal and I don't do low-wattage MTL builds, the lack of step-down on the D2 was not an issue.

I ended up trading for another SX Mini M recently, and with the 2.32 SX-350J update, there's a noticeably improved quality of vape with the SX Mini compared to the D2 in Ti01 mode. So much better that it's worth putting up with that damned annoying battery cap and useless heft on the SX Mini. :)

Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread