I'm looking for a chart that shows ohm and wraps and diameter to build non sub ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I seen it online some where, there is a chart that shows, ohms and the of wraps and diameter of the drill bit needed to get the ohms you want. I want to build to my RDA's above sub ohms, and need to figure out what I need to do it, I have tried 1/16, 5/64, 3/32, and 24 gauge, 26 gauge, 28 gauge and keep coming out with sub ohm coils, for example I use twisted 28gauge in my Kayfun with 10wraps on a 5/64 drill bit and it comes out 1.2 ohm which is perfect for a Kayfun, use two of those same coils or non-twisted 28gauge you come up with a .6 ohm build and it is way to warm for me. If I use 24 gauge with a 5/64 bit and 8 wraps and two coils its .3 ohms way too hot, same with the 26 gauge, they all come out way too low. I prefer flavor over huge clouds, plus I got some DNA30 devices coming so I want to stay over 1.ohm and adjust the wattage to bring out the flavor even more.

Nanooks

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Salt Lake
Anything larger than a 30 gauge wire will easily put you into the sub ohms. For 1 to 2 ohm builds I would try to get sample sizes of 32, 34, and 36 gauge wires and just try different builds. The resistance between 1/16th and 3/32 bits are only .2 to.4 ohms. 20 wraps with a 32 gauge coil and 10 wraps with a 36 gauge coil may have the same resistance, but have a totally different taste.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
thank you but 15 wraps is too wide to fit, and when you fire them and squeeze them, they get screwed up and you can't get the drill bit back thru them to straighten them out and it causes hot spots, and if you hold them with tweezers and heat them they never come out the same, but if I fire and squeeze them on the RDA, they come out even, but that only works for the lower number of wrap coils. cause they don't crush like a 15 wrap coil would when adjusting them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread