ICEWAVE X8500 Disposable Kit Review

Jen Bee

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
ICEWAVE X8500 Disposable Kit Review

1690674504633.png

Ooh this one is pretty exciting and unique! Courtesy of ICEWAVE, today we will be looking at their X8500 Disposable Kit!

ICEWAVE are a new brand that’s hit the disposable vape scene, although they are under the ICCPP company which I believe also owns Voopoo and Zovoo. Per their website, www.icewave.com , it appears that the X8500 is their launch product, and it is a beauty!

Quick specs:

• Dimensions at around 100 x 40 x 23 mm. It is quite tall but slim, so is still very ergonomic.
  • 600 mAh battery.
  • Having an upgraded mesh coil with a resistance of 1.0 ohm.
  • 18 mL of e-liquid capacity, for up to 8500 puffs.
  • Has a USB-C port at the bottom for charging.
  • And, what clearly sets itself apart from most disposable kits in the market, is that is has a big digital screen that displays battery life and remaining e-liquid capacity. How cool is that!
The plastic shell is transparent, with the inner unit covered in very colourful and lively print. It’s done in the way of “crystal”-shelled pod kits and disposables you may have already seen. Branding can be found pretty much on all sides, with the logo in front and flavour at the back. It is very pocketable and lightweight, considering the very generous 18 mL of e-liquid inside.

1690674516777.png

The comfortable mouthpiece is flat and tapers towards the top. The device gives off a nice, medium to loose MTL vape that is decently warm. There is no airflow control; air comes into the device through a small hole at the base, which is also where the USB-C port is located.

1690674527701.png

There are no buttons for operation for simplicity. Simply take a drag and vape, using the device’s quick-fire auto-draw feature. Now, the star of the show for me is the LED screen in front of the device, as this is the first time I’ve seen such a thing on disposable vape kits. The screen lights up to show information when vaping and also when charging. Battery life is displayed in percentage, and e-liquid level is shown within a drop-shaped section of the screen. Within this section, there are different colours as indicators that goes from green, to blue, to red (the latter being low on e-liquid).

1690674539305.png

I really love the way ICEWAVE have designed this feature and how vaping information is displayed. It’s simple, yet informative and intuitive to understand. Now I don’t have to guess when I need to recharge or when e-liquid will run out!

My only wish would be (and this is me being cheeky) is if the screen had a puff counter as well. Maybe it’s a bit of an overkill since the e-liquid level is already displayed, but I do wonder with high-puff devices as to how close actual use is versus manufacturer information.

The ICEWAVE X8500 comes in 16 flavours, with the following sent to me for this review: Strawberry Kiwi, Strawberry Banana, Fresh Mint, Vanilla Casta Tobacco, and Blackberry Ice.

Surprisingly, the fruit flavours didn’t really come with a lot of cooling, which is great for the kind of flavour I like in disposable vapes. The fruit notes come sweet and fresh to the tongue, and makes for a pleasant vape. The Vanilla Casta Tobacco is a sweet tobacco with cooling, which actually did remind me a little of the menthol cigarettes I used to smoke.

Recharging the device was very quick, and because of the digital display, I can more or less estimate when my device will finish charging. Saying that, the 600 mAh was more than enough to last me a day with my typical use.

Final Thoughts:

Without a doubt, the ICEWAVE X8500 is an excellent and progressive disposable kit. Flavours are strong and sweet from the mesh coil, and the device is very easy to use. I highly recommend this kit for vapers of disposable devices out there, especially with it having a large coloured screen.

My sincerest thanks again to ICEWAVE for allowing me to review these products!

Reactions: Ben28

Users who are viewing this thread