I have a couple of questions about ce2 cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
recently i puchased ce2 r4 cartomizers but when they came in i found out that they had a silcon plug(plug number 2) in them.
my questions are:
1. If ce2 r4 have a silicon plug does it make them more of the previosus model?( I just want to know because alot of descriptions said that ce2 r4 eliminated silicon plug)

2. If what i bought is not ce2 r4 where i can get real ones that do not have cilicon plug?

Thanks for help in advance.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
recently i puchased ce2 r4 cartomizers but when they came in i found out that they had a silcon plug(plug number 2) in them.
my questions are:
1. If ce2 r4 have a silicon plug does it make them more of the previosus model?( I just want to know because alot of descriptions said that ce2 r4 eliminated silicon plug)

2. If what i bought is not ce2 r4 where i can get real ones that do not have cilicon plug?

Thanks for help in advance.

The Ce2 r4's are changing so rapidly that it's hard to say what you have. In your case it sounds like the carto isn't wicking fast enough and drying out at the coil when you have the second plug in. The ones I have don't wick very well unless I am using a thin juice. It seems like you have a newer version than I so I can't say for sure. Mine are the three plug version These cartos are still a work in progress and every batch that comes out is a bit different than the last.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
It sounds like the second plug is cutting off the wicking. I've had some do this so I cut the notches a little bigger on the silicon plug where the wick enters on each side and also on the "inner rim" right next to the coil. You need to be careful making these small "V cuts" so as not to cause it to flood into the coil/air tube.

Also, have you tried cleaning your carto's before using them? Boil some water in a microwave and slosh the carto around with tweezers or something for a couple of minutes and then flick the hell out of it to get all the water out. Sometimes this helps as well.

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
I just leave out the plug with the fill ports and put the middle ring back in. The mouth-piece will fit in there perfectly and keep it from leaking. It also makes it easier to clean and refill them!

well i only have 2 plugs on these one moth peace and another is one with refiling holes.

P.S ill try cuting v shapes near coil

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Madvapes is a very reputable vendor and doesn't sell stuff under false pretenses. If you feel those aren't R2v4 like they advertised you need to get ahold of them so they can make it right. If it isn't the right ones they would want to know. I'm sure they don't open each box and look so maybe it's something you need to tell them.

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
Madvapes is a very reputable vendor and doesn't sell stuff under false pretenses. If you feel those aren't R2v4 like they advertised you need to get ahold of them so they can make it right. If it isn't the right ones they would want to know. I'm sure they don't open each box and look so maybe it's something you need to tell them.[/QUOTE

good point i will contact them and let them know

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
I'm using the xl's and not having any problems. Got a bunch of driptips that I leave on them, took out the inner seal and use 20gage needle when filling. No leaks, no troubles. I know most places sell a 18 gage needle for filling, but I feel that they are too big and maybe fowling up the seal that is used for filling. If the 18 creates a bigger hold in the seal, it could lead to leaking. And in pushing in the larger needle could cause movement of the atty part of the carto and cause problems.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Ok so right now im more than sure that i have not got r4. bc i only have 2 peaces one seal and one mouth peace. Also i notified madvapes about discovery and now im waiting on what they have to say.

next time ill be smarter and consult here more b4 buying anything from any one. Even great companys have their mistakes

Does the mouthpiece go into the carto and and if so how far does it go in. You may actually have the newest version. We'll see what madvapes has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread