How to get a coil to crackle? (With cotton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
The moon
How do you get your coil to crackle? I enjoy my vape more when it crackles lol..
It seems like there are more factors than just low ohms that get it to crackle. I can get a 1 ohm coil to crackle just as much sometimes as a .6 ohm.

How do you roll your coil to get it to crackle?
diameter?
how much cotton do you put in your coil? ( as much that will fit in or less and let it expand?)
what ohms are you running?
anything else that might play a factor? (Other than a fully charged battery)

i have also been doing my coil setup a little diffrently lately. Instead of putting cotton inside the coil, i put a bunch of cotton underneath the coil and the cotton expands all around the coil leaving the top open. It lasts a lot longer this way, i can get a good couple of days rather than 1. Anyway..

Any input is appreciated thanks.

IT_guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
SK, Canada
I'm getting a very satisfying crackle from a 32g twisted kanthal coil. I used a 1/16 drill bit to wrap the coil but I don't remember how many wraps, I can tell you its 1.3ohm.

This was my first attempt at twisted kanthal and call me crazy but I think the little nooks and crannies in the twisted kanthal hold juice when I squonk and that's what's causing the great crackle I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread