Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Mikea, THIS IS DISDAIN>>>>
These unpleasant policies of theirs might make it difficult or even impossible for me to buy from e-cig vendors in the near future, and I'm as angry about their behavior now as I was in the past when this kind of thing was also an issue. HTH to deal with that company, anyway?

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
I don't understand what you are griping about? I don't understand the log-in credit card question? How would you pay by credit card with paypal without logging in? And why would you want to?
So far, the web site of every e-cig vendor from whom I've ordered has noted at payment time that it is not necessary to log into PayPal to make a payment.

That notice is displayed prominently on their check-out pages.

That -- so it appears at first -- is how you would pay for merchandise on PayPal without logging in.

Well, if that isn't correct after all, then what's up with the notice? (I'm not blaming any vendor for some mixed message, b.t.w. If there are vendors reading this thread and somehow thinking they are being blamed for something -- that is not what I'm getting at here.)

The point I keep raising and which people in this thread have been consistently ignoring is that I've attempted to complete these transactions with a valid, non-maxed-out credit card that has a very high credit limit -- and PayPal consistently rejects it even though every other retailer in the known universe would accept it. It is the only e-commerce site where I have observed a valid card flat-out rejected.

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
So far, the web site of every e-cig vendor from whom I've ordered has noted at payment time that it is not necessary to log into PayPal to make a payment.

That notice is displayed prominently on their check-out pages.

That -- so it appears at first -- is how you would pay for merchandise on PayPal without logging in.

Well, if that isn't correct after all, then what's up with the notice? (I'm not blaming any vendor for some mixed message, b.t.w. If there are vendors reading this thread and somehow thinking they are being blamed for something -- that is not what I'm getting at here.)

The point I keep raising and which people in this thread have been consistently ignoring is that I've attempted to complete these transactions with a valid, non-maxed-out credit card that has a very high credit limit -- and PayPal consistently rejects it even though every other retailer in the known universe would accept it. It is the only e-commerce site where I have observed a valid card flat-out rejected.

I've seen that message too and wondered what the hell they were talking about. My guess is you've used that card 10 times or you registered it with your account?

"4. You will only be able to use PayPal via PayPal Account Optional for up to [10] transactions before we will require you to open a PayPal account with PPEL to enable further use of the PayPal system. At that point you will be required to enter into our standard user agreement to govern the ongoing relationship with PayPal. "

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/m...xpt/UserAgreement/ua/PolicyPrivacyWax-outside

If that isn't it, call them and ask them!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Excellent post, BooBoo

Your account with PayPal requires that you have a back-up.
That means two verifiable sources of funding. You can use a CC to purchase, and if all goes well that would be all you needed. However if there is a problem with the CC (over credit limit,expired,fraudulent, etc.) then the transaction reverts to the second verified source of funding, say a Checking Account.
Or, you can make purchases using your Ck acct as default source of payment, with a CC back-up. However, BOTH sources must be active and have money available. The Verification process is simple, go through it the way you're supposed to, and there should be no problems.

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
(I used to buy most everything on e-bay)

But when paypal started screwing with me (limits) I stopped using e-bay and paypal altogether and didn't miss them at all.

That was over a year ago , and if I could get my e liquids localy I would have no further use for either of them.
Since most everyone involved in this business uses Paypud,
I just opened an Paypal acct. in my wifes name.

As has been said here , If I didn't have a Wife , I would have opened a new bank acct. with $5.00 in it and used that.

Paypal wants you to use a bank acct.
so as to not incure fees for you using a cc.
Therefore if you link a bank acct. they will try and suck the funds out of that by default , so you must specify
(on every transaction?)
that you want to continue to charge from the card that you've always used in the past.

Last edited:

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
I have to ask. What do all you people think Paypal is going to do, just randomly take money from your bank account?

I really, really do not understand all the paranoia......................

I do not want to have to remember to elect use CC ,
over use default (bank acct.)
each time I want to use their service.

They Have my credit card info ,
and have no reason to have access to my savings
or checking acct's period.

dahenny

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Boone, NC
I have to ask. What do all you people think Paypal is going to do, just randomly take money from your bank account?

As a buyer...no. But as a seller, if there is ever a problem with a buyer, I'm very suspicious that PP would reek havoc on my bank acct. That is the reason that I have 2 accts, one for my personal affairs, and one for PP. They could charge my CC all they want to, but I have some safeguards in place there.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I used to buy most everything on e-bay
But when paypal started screwing with me (limits) I stopped using e-bay and paypal altogether and didn't miss them at all.
Just register, and verify your accounts. You screwed yourself.
That was over a year ago , and if I could get my e liquids localy I would have no further use for either of them.
Are they all NUTS?
I'm sure she's thrilled to help out.
As has been said here , If I didn't have a Wife , I would have opened a new bank acct. with $5.00 in it and used that.
What if you bought $6.00 worth of stuff? I'm sure your bank would be happy to have your account, you know, they charge service fees??
PayPal doesn't incur fees, they charge them! Fools
Therefore if you link a bank acct. they will try and suck the funds out of that by default , so you must specify
(on every transaction?)
that you want to continue to charge from the card that you've always used in the pastYou can default your own preferences in your Profile tab. That way they can suck whatever you want them to suck.
And as has been stated before, I use the same rules every one else has, and I rely on PayPal. In 11 years have had NO problems. Except for TWO FRAUDELENT sellers on eBay, eBay along with PayPal and my Credit Card Company helped me recover more than $500 for goods not as described. So if you don't understand the rules, kindly go to PayPal and do some reading, you may see they answer your questions quite well. :D
The Verification process is simple, go through it the way you're supposed to, and there should be no problems.
Knowledge is Wealth
Or don't use it at all. People can still do business by mail, you know, like, in the old days? Keep you money in your sock, if you want.

Last edited:

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
I used to buy most everything on e-bay
Just register, and verify your accounts. You screwed yourself.

NO THANKS AND NO I WILL NOT AND NO I DID NOT.
Are they all NUTS?

APPARENTLY SO CC COMPANY WILL NOT COVER BOGUS CHARGES OR BAD DEALS IF YOU DON'T USE THEIR CARD TO DO THE DEAL.
I'm sure she's thrilled to help out.

SHE DOES WHAT I TELL HER TO DO .
What if you bought $6.00 worth of stuff?

IT WOULD STILL BE CHARGED TO MY CC.BUT PAYPUD WOULD NOT HAVE ACCESS TO AN ACCT. OF MINE OF ANY VALUE

PayPal doesn't incur fees, they charge them! Fools

CC COMPANIES DO CHARGE PAYPAL A USER FEE
(on every transaction?)
that you want to continue to charge from the card that you've always used in the pastYou can default your own preferences in your Profile tab. That way they can suck whatever you want them to suck.

FINALLY A POINT THAT I CANNOT REFUTE WITH CERTAINTY

And as has been stated before, I use the same rules every one else has, and I rely on PayPal. In 11 years have had NO problems. Except for TWO FRAUDELENT sellers on eBay, eBay along with PayPal and my Credit Card Company helped me recover more than $500 for goods not as described. So if you don't understand the rules, kindly go to PayPal and do some reading, you may see they answer your questions quite well. :D
The Verification process is simple, go through it the way you're supposed to, and there should be no problems.
Knowledge is Wealth
Or don't use it at all. People can still do business by mail, you know, like, in the old days? Keep you money in your sock, if you want. I WILL DO WHAT I WANT...
THANKS FOR YOUR VALUABLE INPUT I'M SURE.

shell

Jun 2, 2009
Long Island
as a buyer, there's nothing to worry about with paypal. all of their policies are slandered towards the buyer. I never had a single problem with paypal until I sold an item on ebay. long story short, after i shipped the item, the buyer pulled every string in the book and I lost the item, over $1,000 and countless hours spent on the phone with paypal customer service and corporate. eventually I reported the buyer to the IC3 and I haven't heard a word back about it since.

I got over it.

bottom line is that all of my friends who use ebay as a secondary revenue source for their business spend a lot of time stressed out whether or not paypal is going to reverse a payment while they go out a product and the money. as a buyer, just contact paypal if you have a problem and they'll probably refund you no questions asked. and even if they do ask questions, you can lie and lie and lie and they'll always side with you.

arembee

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
Central Texas, USA
I agree with you Mikea. PayPal can be a pain to deal with. It seems they limit transactions to force you to join. It's too bad other payment companies couldn't be as easy for vendors to use. It's unfortunate. I have one checking account specifically for paypal but it costs me a hefty monthly bank fee to maintain. (This thread reminds me I have to find a no fee account for this purpose.)

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
I agree with you Mikea. PayPal can be a pain to deal with. It seems they limit transactions to force you to join.
That's what I have concluded. Why else would they refuse to accept a card that it would be easy for them to check in the same way every other "e-tailer" checks when a transaction is being made? (Despite the silly fabrication by one of the participants earlier in the thread, the card I'm talking about is current, valid, and has a high credit limit.)

They're the only payment service I have ever encountered that behaves this way. Not the first time, either: several years ago I thought signing on as a member would take care of the problem. It seemed to -- until the spending-limit notices began to appear. I haven't yet contacted my credit-card company for their reaction to the card's being rejected. It might be that they won't care, but I would like to find out if they do. If their card-holders have reported this in the past, perhaps they have advice about how to put a stop to the rejections. I would think they'd have a stake in it. After all, if a payment service refuses to accept their card, then the company issuing the card is deprived of a sale.

In my experience it's rare when, say, software companies that sell their applications on-line use PayPal (or PayPal alone). Those I've seen that use PayPal often provide an alternative payment option as well. Given the choice, I always go for the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread