Hi, I am new to ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
One thing to keep in mind is that Marlboros have lots of stuff in them that vaping won't replace... it's what makes a Marlboro a Marlboro rather than a Winston. I'd drink lots of fluids to flush the residual toxins out. As previously suggested, mixing your fluids to get 18 mg isn't a bad idea either. You're on the right track.

Marlboro was one of, if not the first brand of cigarettes that was guilty for adding ammonia. Ammonia gives a bit harsher taste, but it also slows down the breakdown of nicotine. Back in the 1960's, RJ Reynolds was trying to find out how Phillip Morrison's Marlboro brand was so popular. They discovered that RJ Reynolds was adding ammonia to raise the PH balance. Although ammonia occurs naturally in a tobacco leaf, some ammonia is added to reconstitute tobacco. It is also part of the process in making the paper for cigarettes... the stalks and stems of the tobacco are used to make the paper for the cigarette.

But the end result was... Marlboro tasted like a Marlboro largely due to the ammonia.

If you want to read up... there is a long, but interesting article you should read about the history of ammonia in cigarettes. The SECRET and SOUL of Marlboro: Phillip Morris and the Origins, Spread, and Denial of Nicotine Freebasing

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I am different flavors for 12 and 24mg, can I mix them to make 18mg

Sure. (12 + 24) / 2 = 18

So Equal Parts of 12mg/ml and 24mg/ml would give you 18mg/ml

I'm using 50/50 pg/VG for 24mg is that's the reason for cough

Just me. But if I use more than about 25% PG e-Liquids, I get that Popcorn Husk in the back of the Throat cough. So Yeah, 50% PG could be contributing to your Cough.

Taking Slower Hits can also help to reducing Cough.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
it’s not FUD. FUD is when things are made to seem less certain and more confusing than they actually are. This is ACTUALLY that uncertain.

So your argument is “well there isn’t any information at all and pointing out there isn’t any information at all may hurt sales so don’t do it”?!

Nope. He complained about coughing. Wasn’t anything about “tasting harsh” at all. Never even heard that one. Protonated and unprotonated taste the same as far as I can tell.

I've tried a few different nic salts. Some have taste, others don't.

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
Sure. (12 + 24) / 2 = 18

So Equal Parts of 12mg/ml and 24mg/ml would give you 18mg/ml

Just me. But if I use more than about 25% PG e-Liquids, I get that Popcorn Husk in the back of the Throat cough. So Yeah, 50% PG could be contributing to your Cough.

Taking Slower Hits can also help to reducing Cough.

I mixed two different flavors 24 and 12 to make it 18mg, but this doesnt taste that good

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
What flavors? Try doing MTL (mouth to lung) Take an easy draw into your mouth, then inhale into your lungs. Exhale some through your nose... it really helps boost the nicotine absorbing into your system. The first few days are really hard, especially in the morning. Did I mention it is REALLY HARD! Gets easier after a week. Two weeks and you will be surprised how much you enjoy vaping and wonder why you smoked those nasty stinking cigs. Truth is, I've only been off the cigs for a month (first I vaped and got down from a pack a day to 5 cigs a day) and a few times I slipped (stress will do that) but didn't really enjoy the smoke as much as I thought I would. There are things besides nicotine your body will miss, but with the right device, vape juice and vaping technique, you might find it really enjoyable. Then you get into different flavors, devices, ect and it gets fun. Don't hate yourself if you break down and light up a cig... it happens. Just go back to vaping. Lots of good people here to help you. Read other threads on this forum and look for B2L and Brother Bob... good advice and good links to help you learn.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks all for the responses,

The biggest issue I am facing right now is, I ordered some 24mg and 12mg liquids. I started with 24mg and i get cough when i inhale. I thought 24mg is perfect for me as I smoke marlboro reds (50 cigarettes a day). with 24mg i get cough but i get that feeling of real cigarette. I tried 12mg there is no cough and lot of vapor but i dont feel anything even after smoking for 30 minutes straight. Any suggestions here?
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you learn more about vaping:
Guide: The Beginners Guide to Vaping | onVaping
A Word On Vaping Technique | Nicoticket
Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer
wiki: vape What mod should I buy? - Google Search
Vaping: Let's Get This Out Of The Way · Vaping Links And More
Visual Learning - Beginner's guide to vaping : electronic_cigarette
reddit: the front page of the internet

• Informative
Reactions: zoiDman

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
What flavors? Try doing MTL (mouth to lung) Take an easy draw into your mouth, then inhale into your lungs. Exhale some through your nose... it really helps boost the nicotine absorbing into your system. The first few days are really hard, especially in the morning. Did I mention it is REALLY HARD! Gets easier after a week. Two weeks and you will be surprised how much you enjoy vaping and wonder why you smoked those nasty stinking cigs. Truth is, I've only been off the cigs for a month (first I vaped and got down from a pack a day to 5 cigs a day) and a few times I slipped (stress will do that) but didn't really enjoy the smoke as much as I thought I would. There are things besides nicotine your body will miss, but with the right device, vape juice and vaping technique, you might find it really enjoyable. Then you get into different flavors, devices, ect and it gets fun. Don't hate yourself if you break down and light up a cig... it happens. Just go back to vaping. Lots of good people here to help you. Read other threads on this forum and look for B2L and Brother Bob... good advice and good links to help you learn.
Thanks, Will try MTL with 12mg, with 24mg MTL is too harsh

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Up your VG, yes. If you have flavors you like that are too low in nicotine I might suggest buying a small bottle of higher strength nicotine salts, to bump them up as high as you need. It can't hurt anything. Get the nic base in VG so you will have less PG.

I can only tolerate about 10% pg, I am sensitive to it. Nic salts helped me a lot early on because my respoiratoy system was shot.

Also, my day two was indeed pretty horrible, but also pretty great. Because I showed up to vaping rather convinced I would not make it to day ONE let alone two. So, I was feeling rather wretched, while having this super duper wonderful mental experience of "OMG day two!!!"

Keep posting. It will help.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Diver9543

Persephone33

Jun 8, 2019
Louisville, KY
I'm in the opposing camp. Salt nic is best thing to happen since vaping itself and there's no apparent reason why anything should be wrong with it. Voicing baseless suspicions is spreading FUD that turns off potential users. OP complained about 24mg tasting harsh and the principle reason for that is the strong taste of freebase nic.
I must admit, the word itself, “salt nic” turns me off & I could be missing out. I like clean refreshing tasting fruity flavors & also enjoy a good tobacco blend as well. But wth is salt nic? The salt part eeks me out- hate salt! Please explain :)

Persephone33

Jun 8, 2019
Louisville, KY
Just a little trick I do... when I want more of a cig hit, I use this delicious tobacco juice by Black Note & then I almost close my air flow completely, then take short strong hits. It works for me. I use 12-18% nic level when I do that. Then when I wanna just vape w/o thinking of cigs- I add my delicious current ADV that’s a nice strawberry,apple,watermelon blend which is a 6% nic.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
the word itself, “salt nic” turns me off & I could be missing out
I looked it up. It's a chemistry term. The product of a neutralization reaction between an acid and a base is known as a salt. Freebase nic is the base, benzoic acid is the acid, and when they react neutral nicotine benzoate is produced, which is then marketed as "nic salts" or "salt nic".

Edit: It strikes me that if you are the sort of person to decide based on how a word sounds, that probably didn't help. :D

But benzoic acid isn't the only choice. All sorts of organic acids qualify. Citric acid can be used to produced nicotine citrate which is also a nicotine salt. Mmmm yummy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread