Hi everyone! Just want to share my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome. Glad you are making progress with vaping. I gave up the first cig of the day first. I knew it was going to be my hardest one, and I also knew I'd be smoking all day long if I smoked it. I started by pushing it out 20 minutes or so, and it helped a great deal.. For me, it was all about delay, distract and putting new habits in place.

Best of luck and welcome to ECF.

Anna

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
....I gave up the first cig of the day first. I knew it was going to be my hardest one, and I also knew I'd be smoking all day long if I smoked it...

Best of luck and welcome to ECF.

Anna
I was thinking the exact same thing. We are all different. For me, and apparently you, it would set the tone for the day if we smoked one in the am.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
The first thing I do each morning after waking, hitting the throne and brushing my teeth is vaping. That is my every single day routine. Within 5 minutes of waking up I am sitting at the computer in my kitchen, vaping and browsing my fav. forums. It is my ritual.

Welcome and good job dude!

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Update: I'm off cigs for 1 week already. Never been happier!
Congrats on kicking the cigs! Glad you have a device that works for you. I quit 38 days ago, I tried the Juul and liked it but I wasn't digging the expense of the pods so I went to a more traditional vaping setup. I had a similar experience as you where I just didn't get the same "feel" as smoking from vaping, but what really helped me was WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) liquid. It gave a "fullness" to it that wasn't there before. So may be something to consider if you want to try something different, but if your setup keeps working for you then I'd say stick with it.

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
In my experience, the first week was the worst. The second I was sleepy all the time, though.... I'm sure it's different for everyone, but just hang in there. You've got this!
Apart from the improvement in my taste and smell, I think the biggest difference I felt was sleeping all night, apparently that has to do with the lack of Carbon Monoxide clinging to the red cells, and being replaced with Oxygen.

JanTee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
Congrats and woo hoo! Good on you! There is no wrong hardware or juice just what works for you. Do not be surprised if in a little while you want to try something new or different. Back when I started over 10 years ago I quit with cigalikes teeny little things that barely made vapour and were fussy, unreliable messy and in general a PITA. When I finally couldn't get parts or batteries anymore and had to get a tank and ego spinner it was like a revolution and I coughed and sputtered for weeks. My fav hardware now is a vaporizes target pro and after carping about that poor ego like I did I wouldn't have imagined loving such a 'big, heavy cloud chucked'. Hahahahahahaha!

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Congrats and woo hoo! Good on you! There is no wrong hardware or juice just what works for you. Do not be surprised if in a little while you want to try something new or different. Back when I started over 10 years ago I quit with cigalikes teeny little things that barely made vapour and were fussy, unreliable messy and in general a PITA. When I finally couldn't get parts or batteries anymore and had to get a tank and ego spinner it was like a revolution and I coughed and sputtered for weeks. My fav hardware now is a vaporizes target pro and after carping about that poor ego like I did I wouldn't have imagined loving such a 'big, heavy cloud chucked'. Hahahahahahaha!
I totally agree - whatever works and glad to hear you found something you liked. I've been vaping for almost 7 years and was a very heavy analog smoker for decades, I quit from the very first vape but went through quite a few setups until I found something that was truly satisfying. If they were available when I first started - I likely would have used the pods for their simplicity and for their nearly same as the smoking experience reputation.

I think in addition to really wanting to that it is crucial to be able to find a satisfying setup and it looks like you found yours. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread