Help with ikenvape carto please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
Im pretty new to cartos and have had good experience with them. After hearing all the good reviews here For ikenvape I got some. With the other cartos it's been prime, put in tank, fill tank and vape away. With the ikenvape it was prime, put in tank, fill tank and vape away. Let them sit for a couple of hours while I had something else on the mod and then burned filler taste. They worked before. What am I doing wrong

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Ikenvapes dry out really easy with the liquids I use, so I stopped using them. I just stick to smoktechs. I can just order them whenever I want, and I don't get near as many issues from them. I never get flooding from my liquid, just dry hits. Plus, the bottom cap on my tanks got stuck on everyone of the cartomizers I got from ikenvape. The first times I lost liquid from tank spilling, and it was with certain flavors I was running out of. I'm sure that will forever impact my view if ikenvape. They worked great until they stopped wicking after about 5minutes of use.

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
they are double punched and the juice i use is either 50/50 or 70/30. I have some slotted on the way for the thicker juices. I took a pin and poked the filling at the holes and that helped a bit. I had really high hopes for these. If I knew they didn't perform like the smokteks I wouldny have ordered them. Fwiw I'm using a MVP2 and tried all different wattage settings

Last edited:

Ottotek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Michigan
I have had the same issues with Ikenvape. After burning 2 carto's in a row after 10 minutes of vaping, I double punched one. This is on top of the two pre-punched holes it came with. No issues after the extra punches. I have been using it for a month and a half now.
I used the same treatment on a second and third one (I have 3 Phiniacs), and am still vaping those. I use 50/50 blend MBV juices. So far, I like the Ikenvapes better than the Boges and SmokTeks. JMHO...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That's odd. I've been using pre-punched Ikenvape, 510-Fusion and Platinums, standard resistance for nearly a year and never had a problem with them. I've found them to be superior in flavor and longivity compared to Smoktech single coils, which I do occassionally use when I can't get Ikenvapes. I use mostly 50/50 pg/vg in IBTanked on Provari's.

Is this based on a single cartomizer or have you tried other Ikenvapes? I will say that I don't care for the LR Ikenvapes, but then I don't like low resistance anything. All juices taste burnt to me with these no matter the carto brand or the voltage used.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
That's odd. I've been using pre-punched Ikenvape, 510-Fusion and Platinums, standard resistance for nearly a year and never had a problem with them. I've found them to be superior in flavor and longivity compared to Smoktech single coils, which I do occassionally use when I can't get Ikenvapes. I use mostly 50/50 pg/vg in IBTanked on Provari's.

Is this based on a single cartomizer or have you tried other Ikenvapes? I will say that I don't care for the LR Ikenvapes, but then I don't like low resistance anything. All juices taste burnt to me with these no matter the carto brand or the voltage used.
Could be juice, even something weird like atmospheric pressure who knows.
they are sr xl size fusion punched
Yea those gave me the most trouble till I started making the holes a little bigger.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I've gotten two orders of punched sr of both platinum and fusion. It's my liquid.. I like the taste, but I can't be at work constantly topping off my cartomizers. Pink spot, AiV, and maybe even some AVE stuff seem to work fine with them. I have a couple platinums left I've been meaning to play around with. I wish I saved fusions to try and cut out the filler a tad. I don't want to risk try putting connector back on without a flange.

Smoktechs seem a little more compacted than they use to with wick, but I haven't had to alter smoktechs to work with the liquids I mainly use.

Edit..but the bottom of the tube bows out a little on iken's, just enough to get stuck on bottom end caps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread