hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and thank you for joining me for yet another review for one of the more recent companies I have started doing reviews for which is Hellvape. I have to admit that I’m a little late to the game with Hellvape. My first product from them was the Vertex MTL RTA. Very good flavor and performance from that one. However, I’m here today after being impressed time and again by the tanks from them that I have been fortunate enough to provide reviews for. Today I’ll be doing my best to give a fair and honest review on the new Hellvape Helheim RDTA. This one is not to be confused with the Helheim S which uses cables for wicking. The new Helheim I am covering has no cables but is an RDTA. I have had it for a couple weeks now and using it some every day. The Helheim is 25mm at the base so will fit comfortably on many mods and has a 4.5ml liquid capacity. Let’s take a look at some factory images and I’ll give my thoughts on it.

h4c4KZO.jpg

LjnFCrf.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

Omot3NQ.jpg

upload_2021-12-23_19-5-30.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

rqwl47r.jpg

FEATURES:

1. 25mm diameter RDTA

2. Dual airflow system brings the various flavor experiences and huge clouds

3. Larger and open base for easy dual coil building

4. 4.5ml capacity, convenient to refill from the deck

5. Perfectly match your squonk mod with the BF pin

BnTScDk.jpg

9wSUuUg.jpg

ds5CGOS.jpg

5TvG5DP.jpg

0o20HvI.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I had high hopes for this rdta after having good experiences with each Hellvape tank that I have reviewed. I wish I had discovered how good their tanks are sooner. Right now I will just say that I was not disappointed.

The packaging for the Helheim is what I have come to expect from Hellvape. Simple but nice and of course a red box. On the front is simply the name of the tank and on the back are features listed, a contents list, and Hellvape’s company information.

upload_2021-12-23_19-10-8.png

upload_2021-12-23_19-10-24.png

The Helheim uses an 810 drip tip and the o ring is in the top cap rather than being on the drip tip. I’ve seen reviews where people tend to prefer this setup but I honestly don’t really know why it makes a difference.

upload_2021-12-23_19-11-8.png

It is kind of funny now but when I received the Helheim, it hadn’t been released yet but the Helheim S had been so I was looking for the wicking cables. After taking the tank apart I discovered that there’s no way it could use cables. I guess it would have been easier to just look at the user manual. The tank can be taken completely apart for cleaning which I did when I received it. I’ve gotten in a habit of always cleaning new tanks in case there’s any machining oil or residue left inside. It doesn’t take much to make the first tank of liquid taste bad. After cleaning the tank, I lubricated the outer o ring that the top cap slides over to make it a little easier to take off and put back on since you have to remove the top cap to fill the tank.

upload_2021-12-23_19-11-41.png

I found the deck rather interesting. It’s a post less deck so you have to cut your coils to length before installing them. There is a hole on each end of the deck to allow airflow intake and a series of two rows of holes below where the coils sit to allow the airflow to come under the deck and up over the coils. The grub screws used take a flat head screwdriver to loosen and tighten and I had no issues with them. The threads were very smooth. The 510 center pin is removable and included with the tank is a long squonk pin so you can use this rdta with a squonk mod. I’ve been meaning to try it with a squonk mod but haven’t yet. I think I’ll like it better that way since I seem to go through liquid pretty quickly on this tank.

upload_2021-12-23_19-12-19.png

upload_2021-12-23_19-12-35.png

As you can see in the picture below, I went with a single coil. I had no doubt that the tank would be good with dual coils but I often prefer single coils and wanted to see how it would perform with just one. I was not disappointed. The Helheim provided one of the most dense and saturated vapes that I have ever had from a single coil tank. I’ve run tank after tank of liquid through it and am very happy with the flavor and vapor production I got from it while running it at 32 watts with one of the included coils. I wasn’t sure which way was best so I cut the tails a little long on the cotton and tucked them into the holes to stick down a little way into the tank. I had zero issues with dry hits. The cotton stayed fully saturated the entire time until the tank was nearly empty.

upload_2021-12-23_19-13-11.png

The bottom portion of the top cap has two metal pins molded into it that align with the two holes in the base where you fill the tank. So when you remove the cap to refill then you have to align the pins with the holes while pushing the cap back on. I did have a little trouble at first putting the cap back on but quickly got used to it.

upload_2021-12-23_19-13-55.png

The top cap has two types of airflow adjustment. The lower is of course a bottom airflow while the upper is a top airflow adjustment. I initially tried it with both open some and then one open while the other was closed. I felt like I got the best flavor with the top airflow closed and the bottom airflow control halfway open with the single coil I was running. However, while keeping the top airflow closed I did seem to get a lot of condensation seeping around the closed holes and had to wipe it on the outside occasionally. However, this could partially be due to me having my coil as high as it was.

upload_2021-12-23_19-14-31.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The Helheim RDTA has been a real pleasure to test. I don’t have much experience with RDTA tanks besides one other that I have purchased. To have a tank that can use single or dual coils and still produce phenomenal flavor is a definite bonus in my book. There are plenty of dual coil tanks out there that produce good flavor but they tend to not be as good with a single coil configuration. This tank produces some of the most dense and saturated flavor and vapor that I have ever had from a single coil tank.

Besides delivering great flavor, I think it’s great that a squonk pin is included with the tank and at some point I plan on moving it from my Arez 120 to a squonk mod. That way I can just squonk to fill the tank when I need to instead of having to remove the top cap every time and align the pins when reinstalling it.

The two different airflow controls will be a big bonus for those that like big airflow. I was able to get the airflow as tight or loose as I wanted and could even do an RDL with the right coil. I would probably go with a coil with a little higher resistance than what came with the tank for doing RDL because I like RDL in the 22-27 watt range. I had plenty of airflow with the included coil with the bottom airflow half open and the top closed. With both open partially it was more airflow than I needed for a single coil configuration.

The only complaints I have on this tank are the condensation I was getting built up at the top airflow holes when closed and wish it had a larger liquid capacity with as fast as I was emptying the tank. I guess that’s the tradeoff for getting such great saturated flavor. However, as I mentioned, that’s where the squonk pin will come into play.

Overall I think the Hellvape Helheim RDTA is a fantastic tank and would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a tank that is truly a flavor banger. Whether you choose to run it on a standard mod or a squonk mod, this one is a winner for sure.

I’d like to thank Hellvape and Mindy for sending the Hellvape Helheim RDTA for this review and also a big thank you to those that made it to the end of my review. Below is a link to the Hellvape website if you would like to see what they have to offer.

Helheim RDTA-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Oh crap! Another atty that I MUST have! And this is why I skipped out of town for a few months from the Shiny thread- I keep on buying stuff lol! I’m not interested in steel cables etc my RDTAs wick perfectly and have nice juicy and flavor!

Plus I have terrible FOMO! Aka fear of missing out :w00t: :w00t:!!

Great review-very detailed.

I was just looking around to see who carries this version but I only found the S version. Has this been released already? Or did I just miss it on my google search?

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Oh crap! Another atty that I MUST have! And this is why I skipped out of town for a few months from the Shiny thread- I keep on buying stuff lol!

Plus I have terrible FOMO! Aka fear of missing out :w00t: :w00t:!!

Great review-very detailed.

Thanks. I was truly impressed with this one.

Reactions: Fidola13

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I added a bit more on my previous reply that asked who has it in stock but I’m not finding any. Do you know? My google searches aren’t great!

I don’t know if anyone has it yet but will ask the rep. I’ve had it over two weeks but they just put it up on the website this week I believe. It’s a new release.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very nice review Mate:thumb:
    I quite like the sound of the Helheim, I really do like my RDTA's:)

Thanks. I was truly impressed. I used a mix in it for testing that I use a lot for reviews and was really impressed with the saturation and density of the vapor. I haven’t tried the DTL Brunhilde that I know you like so much but do have the MTL version. However the Helheim really isn’t sn mtl tank so it’s hard to tell. I definitely think that this one is worth trying.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks. I was truly impressed. I used a mix in it for testing that I use a lot for reviews and was really impressed with the saturation and density of the vapor. I haven’t tried the DTL Brunhilde that I know you like so much but do have the MTL version. However the Helheim really isn’t sn mtl tank so it’s hard to tell. I definitely think that this one is worth trying.

I'm more of a RDL vaper, I vape at 22.3 watts on my MTL Brunhilde's:thumb:
    I only pull the Big Brunhilde out on the odd occasion!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm more of a RDL vaper, I vape at 22.3 watts on my MTL Brunhilde's:thumb:
    I only pull the Big Brunhilde out on the odd occasion!

I’ve been running the mtl on the Brunhilde at 19 watts. The Helheim I ran with one included coil at 31-34 watts. I think you could run a different coil and close the airflow down a little for a good rdl. I definitely liked using the bottom airflow a little better but tried it with different combinations of top and bottom airflow.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I don’t know if anyone has it yet but will ask the rep. I’ve had it over two weeks but they just put it up on the website this week I believe. It’s a new release.

That’s good news! Maybe ALL my Sourcemore orders arrive by then :(!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread