Has anyone heard of the Cera? Ceramic mechanical mod by Thermovape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whodoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Missouri, USA
I've searched the forums & find a lot of talk about the ava atomizers & other Thermo Essence Technologies (TET) ecig bits that were sold by Innovapor, but hardly a mention about Thermovapes newest APV, the Cera.

Thermovape dot com is their website.

I have no affiliation but have pre-ordered one. It should be amazing with nic juice, their porous ceramic core is proprietary & unlike anything I've seen thus far. Its use of ceramic is very different too, and you can't beat Made in the USA plus a lifetime warranty.

I still plan to have a dedicated ecig around & have ordered a Reo Mod VV Grand. Hopefully having these 2 beauties around will keep me off cigs & reduce the amount of time I've been spending on the forums. In my other hobby, home audio, we call this the 'nervosa'...and its time & $$ consuming.

The Cera costs $250 new, assuming you have 18650 batteries & a charger already.

Within a few months Thermovape will offer adapters for people to use their favorite tanks or atty's too. This interests me since I just got into rba's. I may also try the Vapemate auto feeder from Super T Mfgr'ing on the Cera.

I don't think that anyone has tried this yet, but my hope is that I can vape pipe tobacco with Cera. I had to spend an extra $100 to get the proper 'core' to do this with...should be fun though. Ecig juice works for me, but I don't feel 'right' without some WTA juice added each day. I am not the snus type of guy, but hoping that vaping pipe tobacco is tasty & delivers some of the tobacco goodness that I still crave, but refuse to smoke.

FWIW - pretty sure Cera is short for Ceramic. There are youtube video's of people smashing coffee cups & plates with this vape. Its not going to be for everybody, but for those of us looking to 'set & forget' our ecig rigs, the Cera might be just the ticket. I wish it didn't look so ridiculous, but covers are being developed.

acidrayne280

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
Earth
It sounds cool. I hope these catch on. I'd like to try one....maybe I will forgo the china GG and get this instead. I want to see some reviews on it first though. It seems to me that with new products like this, the first people to buy get to have a shiny new toy that no one else has, but they end up as beta testers and then the gen 2/ver2 revision typically has all the kinks worked out. If it turns out to be a set it and forget it device, it's gonna be awesome!!! The way I see it, i would pick up the extra herb core. If you ever run out of juice, and don't have a reasonably priced supplier around, you can vape dry tobacco for a few days as opposed to smoking the deathsticks. I think of vaping tobacco like that as a step up from cigarettes, but a step down from e liquid.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i think its a catchy item that will probably work well, kinda kills the whole VV VS VW thing, but i dont think it will dominate as there will always be the people who want to vape at different temperatures and settings, use different devices for different flavor enhancement etc.
. and i cant find info on what it costs to replace the ceramic cores if/when they go bad. bet its not cheap either.

acidrayne280

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
Earth
Indeed, I saw that. There is also a thread here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/innovapor/350399-cera-coming-ava-atomizers-eoled.html

I don't know if it's ongoing (haven't read to the end). I saw a video of it smashing a coffee cup though. I have to say, my interest is piqued. It looks like they will be releasing an adapter do that you can fit 510 threaded items onto it. Tax time is upon us and i might have to pick one up....I don't want to take my zmax to Afghanistan, but this thing looks tough enough to perform well and the thought of not having to buy atomizers/cartomizers/vivi heads, or bother to get into rebuilding makes it perfect for what I need.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Bottom button, spring loaded. Latch enabled one on the horizon. Over on FC the general .....ing is about
delays and communication. Order now, mayb get end of feb

TET staff post on FC. Check it out.
Yea i am ordering one,income tax return.I am going to see what this will do,or if it is worth the $400.00????? Could be the last PV i ever buy again,who knows???

EDIT: I do not know if i can order that thing,it is so fugly it's not funny.

Last edited:

wootze

vaping the bone.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Winston Salem, NC
I am grabbing all three heads,yes.It came to $499.96.But have not hit the purchase button yet though,still unsure???

As of last check on FC someone was ecstatic about the oil cart. TET YouTube seemed pretty wispy w/ flower cart. Dunno a about ejuice cart. Think it's on YouTube also. Check out FC forum. That's a lotta $$$

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I am grabbing all three heads,yes.It came to $499.96.But have not hit the purchase button yet though,still unsure???

I want to know about the tobacco thing. Stir it in a bowl and vape it. Ok...do we get the WTAs ? We get some from snus but like how much...enough I'd say since it works but what about this CERA. Find out before you buy for sure just in case it's a lot of over promise and under delivery. For that price I want WTA or if I do herbs ai ant the whole deal from them

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
As of last check on FC someone was ecstatic about the oil cart. TET YouTube seemed pretty wispy w/ flower cart. Dunno a about ejuice cart. Think it's on YouTube also. Check out FC forum. That's a lotta $$$

Yea thanks i am watching one now getting as much info. before i make a stupid mistake and hate the newest PV i buy?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I want to know about the tobacco thing. Stir it in a bowl and vape it. Ok...do we get the WTAs ? We get some from snus but like how much...enough I'd say since it works but what about this CERA. Find out before you buy for sure just in case it's a lot of over promise and under delivery. For that price I want WTA or if I do herbs ai ant the whole deal from them

The site itself does not give any,if very few info. on what you get when you buy all the heads and what comes with/not with it.That's one of the main reasons i have not hit the buy button yet.I do not even see a contact us link anywhere to send off an email to get info.I am really thinking of knocking off 2 of the heads and just getting the extra $49.99 mouth piece with it and thats its?Still unsure.

Whodoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Missouri, USA
I don't have mine yet, but I have ordered all 3 cores. Don't think you need an extra mouthpiece. Standard drip tips will fit the ejuice & oil cartridges, along with the mouthpiece they supply.

The simplicity & bulletproof construction got me roped in. Hopefully the performance is there. Doubt I will ever use the herb cartridge, and TET offers core rebuilds for $10. The cartridge itself is $100 though. I think it's an interesting system but only time will tell. Really wish their normal ecig AVA stuff was still being made.

Whodoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Missouri, USA
You need to supply an 18650 battery & a charger, that's it. Everything else comes w/the Cera. All the bodies & parts are the same, only the cores are different.

How does such a cool product go all the way through design development, and nobody asks "why does it look like a dildo?". Hopefully they sell skins to cover up Cera's wild side (soon).

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Yay who doo. I'm sure there will be some of us waiting to hear about your experience. I'm the one who wants for tobacco. I'd love to go to a smokes hop and choose from assortments, stir it up in the bowl they mention and vape away with the firm knowledge I'm getting as much WTAs as I can possibly get with out firing up and smoking. I do Swedish snus but it's messy and a measure I took to know what works in case I won't be able to buy WTA e juice from Aroma or Vapelicious with all the government deeming stuff. So keeps us posted and a few weeks later too. Will you be doing therapy for something or just tobacco or eliquid?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I don't have mine yet, but I have ordered all 3 cores. Don't think you need an extra mouthpiece. Standard drip tips will fit the ejuice & oil cartridges, along with the mouthpiece they supply.

The simplicity & bulletproof construction got me roped in. Hopefully the performance is there. Doubt I will ever use the herb cartridge, and TET offers core rebuilds for $10. The cartridge itself is $100 though. I think it's an interesting system but only time will tell. Really wish their normal ecig AVA stuff was still being made.

I would like to know how you like it when it arrives and using it vs. a standard tube mod.For now this is a pass for me.I saw a couple of vids and pbusardos vid on the T1 and all of that together changed my mind about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread