Gradual Decreasing Smoke (I'm Sorry For Asking These Again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
IMO, if you're just vaping during the time your stopwatch is keeping track (and not smoking then)...you at least aren't having any cigarettes during that time. So that's a good thing. Maybe gradually try to let your stopwatch go to a longer time...before you have a smoke. Doing that you will decrease your smoking and increase your vaping.

I have no experience with a pod system and 50mg nic. However, I personally can't even imagine vaping eliquid that strong. I'd most likely get "nic sick" from it. Sorry I can't advise you about it.

I cannot advise you what will be the best way for you, because I'm not you and your body isn't mine. All I can tell you is that for me...I'd tried cutting down 1 cigarette less each day in the past, and it didn't work for me. I personally needed more time to reduce my smoking, while I was increasing my vaping and enjoying it more as I went along week by week. As I was going through those weeks, I did for sure notice that the busier I kept myself...the less I even thought about having a smoke. IMO, you'll need to base how you do it on how you feel physically, how you mentally deal with cutting down the smokes, and what you find to do to stay busy so you don't think about having one.

It can be "a thing" for you, because it's already helping you go 1 hour before a cigarette, when before you'd have 1 every 20 minutes. So really...it's already helping you cut down on how many you are smoking! :thumbs:

See what I wrote in the last part of my answer to #1...about gradually making that time longer. Maybe that would work as well. Stretch it out to 1 hour 30 minutes for a few days, and see how you do. If all goes well...then try 2 hours, to see how you do, etc., etc.

Thank You , For all the answers :)

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Thank You , For all the answers :)

You're welcome.
I forgot this though - You might also want to try just setting your stopwatch (for now), then walk away from it so you ignore the stopwatch. Do something that is interesting to you, and vape as much as you need to while you're doing it. I'd be willing to bet that many times you'll end up actually going past the time limit and surprising yourself that you did!

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Sure it's a thing. I did cut back to half as many almost immediately, and it wouldn't be a good sign if you can't do that. That was to 7-8 a day. It took 9 months to take that down to 1 a month (which I did for another year, yes I really do believe it can help!). Progress was not for those who want to see results, it took as much as 2 months to clearly and completely decrease 1 cig, especially the first one as it took that long for improved taste and reduced throat irritation to take effect. However I never reversed progress during the whole time, because I had Vaping.

For years I played with trying to cut down on smoking. Counting how many smokes a day...the time between cigarettes, etc. I spent so much time focused on how much or how little I was smoking that I found I was thinking about it all day long. IMO that's not a positive thing.

The day I started vaping I threw the cigs away and haven't had one since. The first couple of months my brain continued to tell me I wanted a cigarette. So I hit my vape more. Soon those thoughts of smoking passed.

It is certainly possible to quit the cigs and just vape.

I was already counting smokes due to throat and other issues. It was such a relief to be doing something I didn't need to count that the few I did (RYO, so as I made them) was no problem. This was actually one of the things vaping had for it.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
    May 8, 2014
    Ypsilanti mi
    Okay...I have few question to you, one is...what i'm doing right now, |I dont Know| funny I know...I'm starting a stopwatch, vaping till my cigg craving, then smoking...am i in a line of decreasing or i'm on 2 addiction...vaping and smoking?

A stopwatch?
    This is going to be easier said than done, but STOP STRESSING OUT ABOUT IT!
    You mention that you take medicine for panic attacks.
    I'm guessing that you're trying to deal with an anxiety disorder?
    Are your medications properly balanced and are you being monitored by a professional?
    That might go a long way toward helping you succeed with giving up cigarettes.
    On the vaping/smoking front, what nicotine strength are you using?
    My suggestion would be to use the highest level you have available.
    When you have the urge to smoke, pick up your vape, and vape until the urge goes away.
    The next time you get the urge to smoke, pick up your vape, and vape until the urge goes away.
    The next time you get the urge to smoke...
    Get the drift?
    Good luck!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Okay...I have few question to you, one is...what i'm doing right now, |I dont Know| funny I know...I'm starting a stopwatch, vaping till my cigg craving, then smoking...am i in a line of decreasing or i'm on 2 addiction...vaping and smoking?

2) I'm dying for a pod and nicsalt juice, I have kits from high end to low end clearomizers...am I crazy? What I'm thinking that, i'm just blowing out fake clouds out of nothing...a pod might help me cure in 7 days, as the nic is strong there, 50mg what m saying...lemmi know.

3) I'm a human too, and i really liked the way you did it (may God bless you) do you suggest me to cut down 1 cigg everyday or as i'm doing? Trying to push myself as long as I can to get out from smoking and vape more? The thing happening, I was fixing my SMOK's coil and vaping, I wasnt even noticed 4 hours past and I was vaping and didn't even feel anything bout smoking...right after finishing the coil building i remembered that I need to take a shower, pray, have a mug of tea a cigg...then i did those and my stomach is doing pathetic! So i'm asking here to you and everyone...should I take a long step...like waiting for 6-8 hours and see what happens on my body?
    Everytime I achieve to quit smoking with vape ....then something happen on my chest, like an emptyness, then I get back to smoking again and then vape, smoke, blah!

4) Can you tell me what m I doing right now with waiting for 1 hour and vaping smoking? Is that even a thing? Generally I smoke every 20mins....

And lastly thank you everyone for your support and love towards me :)

As for high nicotine salt devices yes they might work for you.. you can purchase salt juices that are 50mg and use them in low power devices like the old fashioned ego batteries and clearo's.. the flavor won't be there but the nicotine will and it's always worth a shot especially if you were a heavy smoker.

I would suggest going as long as possible without a cigarette - try to chain vape through the cravings...

When you can't make it through a craving without giving in and smoking then don't beat yourself up over it.

In the end it's often certain cigarettes of the day that are the most difficult to leave behind you. The first cigarette of the day, the cigarette after sex or dinner.. those are the difficult ones - that and the stress cigarette..

But in the end I have confidence in you.. all of us have been where you are and all of us made the switch to vaping successfully. You can too.. just do what is best for YOU in the end. . That's what matters. .

This is for you, by you.. you are the master of your destiny. You CAN.. and you know it because of those who went before you.

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Everyone is different so you have to find what works for you.

I smoked 2 to 2 and 1/2 packs per day for many MANY years. For me, what worked was to stop smoking and start vaping. I even set a date for it and never looked back.

I also decreased my nicotine very slowly and went from 50mg to 3mg - over a 6 year period. I've been on 3 for at least a year.

That may or may not work for you. Everyone is different and you should have an idea of what will better work for you. You mentioned that you have some other issues so I think your biggest concern is to make sure you are comfortable so that your anxiety and stress levels are manageable. That helps to remove temptation. If that means dual-using - then dual use.

Every cigarette not smoked is one step in the right direction.

I agree with many of the comments on this thread about having the right mindset and having willpower. Not cold turkey willpower - but I do think there has to be a very conscious focus to quit analogs and to understand that there will be some bumps and challenges along the way. If you can minimize anxiety and stress the challenges should be easier to master.

I've done a lot of professional training and one thing we really impress is the 21-day rule. That is the amount of time, on average, that it takes a person to get used to something and that it almost feels like second nature after that length of time.

(I will give you a real-world example. My Mom has some mental/cognitive and health challenges. It has been decided that she must eat oatmeal and yogurt every morning. She hated oatmeal. We told her she only had to do it for 3 weeks. We got her to agree. She complained incessantly for the first week. It was very difficult for her and those around her. The second week she complained less. By the third week, we just heard some small grumbles. Then after 3 weeks, we asked her about and it she said, 'It's not so bad". Now 2 years later, she eats oatmeal and yogurt every single morning without complaint. She does not even think about - she just does it.)

So...whatever you decide I suggest you start small and focus on one thing at a time. Let's say you decide that you will smoke 5 analogs per day. Give yourself the talk that you really want to try to do this for 21 days. Make a note on your phone calendar. If you are looking at 21 days - instead of forever - it may make it easier to focus on that task (it's only 21 days).

You can set whatever goal you want - maybe it is to go 90 minutes without an analog - the above is just an example.

After the 21 days when you reflect on it, hopefully, you will say to yourself, "it wasn't that bad at all". Then you can set another goal -- maybe 4 analogs and do that for 21 days.

Just do not overload yourself and take it one step at a time. Good luck.

Last edited:

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Earth
    margotqueen.tumblr.com
    Everyone is different so you have to find what works for you.

I smoked 2 to 2 and 1/2 packs per day for many MANY years. For me, what worked was to stop smoking and start vaping. I even set a date for it and never looked back.

I also decreased my nicotine very slowly and went from 50mg to 3mg - over a 6 year period. I've been on 3 for at least a year.

That may or may not work for you. Everyone is different and you should have an idea of what will better work for you. You mentioned that you have some other issues so I think your biggest concern is to make sure you are comfortable so that your anxiety and stress levels are manageable. That helps to remove temptation. If that means dual-using - then dual use.

Every cigarette not smoked is one step in the right direction.

I agree with many of the comments on this thread about having the right mindset and having willpower. Not cold turkey willpower - but I do think there has to be a very conscious focus to quit analogs and to understand that there will be some bumps challenges along the way. If you can minimize anxiety and stress the challenges should be easier to master.

I've done a lot of professional training and one thing we really impress is the 21-day rule. That is the amount of time, on average, that it takes a person to get used to something and that it almost feels like second nature after that length of time.

(I will give you a real-world example. My Mom has some mental/cognitive and health challenges. It has been decided that she must eat oatmeal and yogurt every morning. She hated oatmeal. We told her she only had to do it for 3 weeks. We got her to agree. She complained incessantly for the first week. It was very difficult for her and those around her. The second week she complained less. By the third week, we just heard some small grumbles. Then after 3 weeks, we asked her about and she said, It's not so bad". Now 2 years later, she eats oatmeal and yogurt every single morning without complaint. She does not even think about - she just does it.)

So...whatever you decide I suggest you start small and focus on one thing at a time. Let's say you decide that you will smoke 5 analogs per day. Give yourself the talk that you really want to do try to do this for 21 days. Make a note on your phone calendar. If you are looking at 21 days - instead of forever - it may make it easier to focus on that task (it's only 21 days).

You can set whatever goal you want - maybe it is to go 90 minutes without an analog - the above is just an example.

After the 21 days when you reflect on it, hopefully, you will say to yourself, "it wasn't that bad at all". Then you can set another goal -- maybe 4 analogs and do that for 21 days.

Just do not overload yourself and take it one step at a time. Good luck.

Make sense! Man smoked 2 in last 2 hours, and another is coming right now what I think...either its tea or a smoke or my high nic juice...lets see, as everyone said, I agree, I wont stress and get tough on me...I think i can pass more than 60mins...as all of you did...I'll update my situation and a biiiiiiig hug to all of you :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I started vaping with three other people. We all did it differently.

My mother in law had to vape, because she was in the hospital with no way to smoke. Fortunately, the staff was fine with looking the other way on the vaping. She was a chain smoker, 5-6 packs a day and more.

My sister in law is a tightwad. If she was going to spend money on vaping, no way would she spend it on smokes too, lol. She went cold turkey, 100% vaping from day 1.

My husband and I were only looking to cut down our smoking, and have an alternative to cigarettes in places we could not smoke.

He was a 2 pad smoker, cut down quickly to under half a pack. I was 1.5 - 2 pad, dropped down to 4 cigarettes my first vaping day. I quit fully and easily with a couple weeks.

I did not stress or suffer, I just chain vaped when I got a craving and waited 15 minutes or so to see if it passed. If not, no grief. I smoked without guilt.

My sister in law stressed so bad, I wanted to slap her lol. She’d text me constantly about how hard it was, wanted reassurance and help but refused to listen to my advice. I finally had to tell her to stop... I was quitting too, and did not need her anxiety interfering with my quitting successfully.

That was fall, 2013. Meanwhile, I lost my mother in law, my husband, and my brother. I stayed quit through all of that, only to fall off the wagon with a separate family tragedy.

I smoked up to a half pack a day for a few months. Bought new gear, tried my old quit methods and some new ones, and soon got back off the smokes. No stress, no guilt. For me, that’s important.

Bottom line, try whatever tricks you find until one works for you.

Don’t obsess or stress about it.

Put it in perspective, there are far bigger things that happen than minutes on a stopwatch.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Earth
    margotqueen.tumblr.com
    Thank you very much for your time, I want to share some with you here too...I'm monitoring my smoke, I can see I'm smoking whenever something wrong is happening, stressing and smoking with tea...just like your sister as you mentioned, I really want to go cold turkey with vape, I really want to, the situation here is not okay at all, my dad is dying, I'm using a good phone even after 2 months, poverty and addiction all together killing me, I don't know how to survive...all I know...I have to live...
    I started vaping with three other people. We all did it differently.

My mother in law had to vape, because she was in the hospital with no way to smoke. Fortunately, the staff was fine with looking the other way on the vaping. She was a chain smoker, 5-6 packs a day and more.

My sister in law is a tightwad. If she was going to spend money on vaping, no way would she spend it on smokes too, lol. She went cold turkey, 100% vaping from day 1.

My husband and I were only looking to cut down our smoking, and have an alternative to cigarettes in places we could not smoke.

He was a 2 pad smoker, cut down quickly to under half a pack. I was 1.5 - 2 pad, dropped down to 4 cigarettes my first vaping day. I quit fully and easily with a couple weeks.

I did not stress or suffer, I just chain vaped when I got a craving and waited 15 minutes or so to see if it passed. If not, no grief. I smoked without guilt.

My sister in law stressed so bad, I wanted to slap her lol. She’d text me constantly about how hard it was, wanted reassurance and help but refused to listen to my advice. I finally had to tell her to stop... I was quitting too, and did not need her anxiety interfering with my quitting successfully.

That was fall, 2013. Meanwhile, I lost my mother in law, my husband, and my brother. I stayed quit through all of that, only to fall off the wagon with a separate family tragedy.

I smoked up to a half pack a day for a few months. Bought new gear, tried my old quit methods and some new ones, and soon got back off the smokes. No stress, no guilt. For me, that’s important.

Bottom line, try whatever tricks you find until one works for you.

Don’t obsess or stress about it.

Put it in perspective, there are far bigger things that happen than minutes on a stopwatch.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-U29 using Tapatalk

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Thank you very much for your time, I want to share some with you here too...I'm monitoring my smoke, I can see I'm smoking whenever something wrong is happening, stressing and smoking with tea...just like your sister as you mentioned, I really want to go cold turkey with vape, I really want to, the situation here is not okay at all, my dad is dying, I'm using a good phone even after 2 months, poverty and addiction all together killing me, I don't know how to survive...all I know...I have to live...

I can so empathize with how hard that is. All the more reason to be gentle on yourself as you go through this terribly difficult time.

As I said, I quit with people dying around me, but I would never suggest that to you. It happened easily for me. I think you are doing the best you can right now, and you need to give yourself credit, okay?

You’ll make it, I believe in you! Sending you hugs.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

Has anyone directed you to this thread yet?

Still smoking support and chat thread

You might find it helpful. It's a support group thread for people who are dual using and have yet to make the full switch to vaping.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Earth
    margotqueen.tumblr.com
    I can so empathize with how hard that is. All the more reason to be gentle on yourself as you go through this terribly difficult time.

As I said, I quit with people dying around me, but I would never suggest that to you. It happened easily for me. I think you are doing the best you can right now, and you need to give yourself credit, okay?

You’ll make it, I believe in you! Sending you hugs.

Thank you very much for your support on my tough time! hugs and best wishes to you for your life :)

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Earth
    margotqueen.tumblr.com

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    When I went to vaping alone, I suffered. I suffered quite a bit. I did dual use a bit in the beginning, but I really had to stop (health issues) and in some ways that made it easier.

It sounds like you are in a really stressful situation, so I can understand things being difficult. I could list a million "strategies" to cut down on smoking, and they are readily and easily found all over the place. There's nothing wrong with using a stopwatch if you feel it helps you. If you feel it adds to your anxiety, not lessens it, well, it may be easier to "allocate" yourself whatever number of cigarettes you want/feel is reasonable to smoke in a day, and smoke when you feel the overwhelming need. I did try to "decrease" in somewhat reasonable steps, but what I did was hold out as long as I could every day before smoking my first cigarette. At first, it was about 20 minutes but I just gradually pushed it out. My first smoke free day, I was shocked.

But the point is, try some different strategies to manage, and also do NOT beat yourself up for REDUCING your cigarettes during a time period that has to be insanely stressful. I also had a few "catastrophic fall off the wagon during stress" days, but I made sure to smoke enough that the cigarettes became thoroughly disgusting, and my respiratory system surely "felt it" the next day and it was motivation enough to climb back on the vaping wagon.

I'd say, whatever and how many cigarettes you smoke just don't stop vaping. Studies have borne out that if a person keeps vaping, consistently and keeps trying to reduce smoking, they are far more likely to meet with success (as compared to folks who don't vape or vape sporadically. I vaped right before (sometimes during) and right after any cigarettes I smoked, to reinforce being a vaper, and I paid attention to what a cigarette was "doing" for me, (usually, not as much as I thought it would..)

With that said, everyone progresses differently and approaches vaping, dual use differently. Each and every cigarette you've not smoked is a victory and a harm reduction win.

I found that the more I tried to "understand" my cigarette use and motivations, the better I became at dealing with them. The more I was able to "befriend" my cigarettes instead of hating myself for them, the more I was able to understand what smoking was/had been "doing" for me. I was surprised to discover that "stress" was my number one cigarette trigger, and I had to find ways to "substitute" coping skills for that anxiety and stress.

It's absolutely achievable and it is also just fine to take your time and find your vaping feet. I wish you all the luck in the world, and keep coming to ECF for support. It helped me so much n the beginning when I was trying to focus on anything other than a cigarette, and I learned a ton about vaping, keeping me interested and focusing on vaping.

Great job, and just keep moving forward. :)

Anna

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Earth
    margotqueen.tumblr.com
    When I went to vaping alone, I suffered. I suffered quite a bit. I did dual use a bit in the beginning, but I really had to stop (health issues) and in some ways that made it easier.

It sounds like you are in a really stressful situation, so I can understand things being difficult. I could list a million "strategies" to cut down on smoking, and they are readily and easily found all over the place. There's nothing wrong with using a stopwatch if you feel it helps you. If you feel it adds to your anxiety, not lessens it, well, it may be easier to "allocate" yourself whatever number of cigarettes you want/feel is reasonable to smoke in a day, and smoke when you feel the overwhelming need. I did try to "decrease" in somewhat reasonable steps, but what I did was hold out as long as I could every day before smoking my first cigarette. At first, it was about 20 minutes but I just gradually pushed it out. My first smoke free day, I was shocked.

But the point is, try some different strategies to manage, and also do NOT beat yourself up for REDUCING your cigarettes during a time period that has to be insanely stressful. I also had a few "catastrophic fall off the wagon during stress" days, but I made sure to smoke enough that the cigarettes became thoroughly disgusting, and my respiratory system surely "felt it" the next day and it was motivation enough to climb back on the vaping wagon.

I'd say, whatever and how many cigarettes you smoke just don't stop vaping. Studies have borne out that if a person keeps vaping, consistently and keeps trying to reduce smoking, they are far more likely to meet with success (as compared to folks who don't vape or vape sporadically. I vaped right before (sometimes during) and right after any cigarettes I smoked, to reinforce being a vaper, and I paid attention to what a cigarette was "doing" for me, (usually, not as much as I thought it would..)

With that said, everyone progresses differently and approaches vaping, dual use differently. Each and every cigarette you've not smoked is a victory and a harm reduction win.

I found that the more I tried to "understand" my cigarette use and motivations, the better I became at dealing with them. The more I was able to "befriend" my cigarettes instead of hating myself for them, the more I was able to understand what smoking was/had been "doing" for me. I was surprised to discover that "stress" was my number one cigarette trigger, and I had to find ways to "substitute" coping skills for that anxiety and stress.

It's absolutely achievable and it is also just fine to take your time and find your vaping feet. I wish you all the luck in the world, and keep coming to ECF for support. It helped me so much n the beginning when I was trying to focus on anything other than a cigarette, and I learned a ton about vaping, keeping me interested and focusing on vaping.

Great job, and just keep moving forward. :)

Anna
    Hey thank you Anna for your time, I'll share here why I'm so desperate, like I'm smoking just 5 cigarettes, it takes away all my mental strength, I become a victim of over thinking, stress , anxiety, headaches etc.. etc...but today, I'm a bit blessed I think, been 5:27mins smoke free and trust me, I'm already recovering! I'm thinking I can live like a healthy human beeing again! Now I'm gonna eat then my main challenge is coming, after meal smoking and tea, I don't wanna ruin this...and I don't know how to avoid it...just pray that with some miracle of God ...atleast this time I can get inner strength and win this situation, I don't trust me but still, the smoke free life now what I'm living is extraordinary...I want to live and do something for my family...

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Earth
    margotqueen.tumblr.com
    Maybe after your meal, go for a walk and vape like a chimney for the whole walk, with the smokes at home? listen to a podcast or something at the same time as well?

You're doing great, keep it up!
    Thanks for your reply, done eating, right now watching zophies rta build for ijoy 200w tc rdta...that crazy 12.ml one...replaced my regular milked tea with great tea with sugar, I know sugar is poison...still...and vaping strong menthol, no mix, plain menthol, idk what gonna happen in couple of hours but my mental strength is increasing a bit...I can't ruin this life...Thanks again :)

frazzledglispa

ECF Veteran
    Nov 14, 2008
    Denver, CO
    I started vaping in late 2008. I smoked my last analog in early 2011. I started vaping with 24mg (this was in the early days before mods and sub-ohms.) I cut back on the analogs pretty much immediately, but vaping and smoking aren't the same, so it took a while before I was ready to give up the analogs - some of that was a mental block - a block I still have, btw.

Eventually, I worked up a smoking schedule that would, over a period of 6 months cut down on the number of analogs that I smoked per day to zero. I followed the schedule, reducing the number of daily cigarettes weekly, but wound up smoking my last analog a few weeks early. After a few weeks I gave away my remaining packs, and I haven't smoked one since.

BUT I have two Marlboro smooth 100s in the freezer. They have been there for 7 years, and are probably nasty as hell, but I won't get rid of them. This is the mental part - even though I consider myself a nicotine addicted non-smoker now, as long as those cigarettes are there, I am choosing not to smoke them. If I throw them out that means I am out of cigarettes. For 20 years being out of cigarettes was a scary proposition, I guess it still is. They are my security blanket, even after all of these years

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I am glad you are holding your life with value, and your family too. You will get there, I'm sure. I felt the same way, I was about to be dx with COPD and I couldn't die that way. I knew it (from the moment I first saw someone with an oxygen tank) nor did I want to do it to my family either.

Cigarettes felt like they had a death grip on me, though. The only time I every quit was when I was pregnant and nursing, and I wanted to smoke the WHOLE time.

I will say this. Once you GET to the other side, (I didn't believe it myself) cigarettes lose their death grip. The reward is yours, as soon as you get there. I genuinely thought that I would ALWAYS want to smoke. I very rarely get cravings, they are mild, I know they pass, and I vape through them. I figured I could (maybe) get to vaping only, but I always thought, mentally, that smoking would be my "first" choice.

The last cigarette I smoked, I couldn't finish, it was that bad. I'm really glad I smoked it.

For now, just keep focusing on the good that vaping is bringing you. It became EXPONENTIALLY better the longer I vaped. I don't want to smoke, and I have a still smoking husband.

Let vaping work for you, and let it do so at the right pace. I can't PROMISE things will get easier, but if it helps, I am FAR from the first person to report that "vape" awakening. It happens, and it will happen if you allow yourself to LET it. Cigarettes are always going to be "present." Your choice to vape instead of smoke will grow as you nourish it.

Keep up the good work. Sometimes, LESS smoking actually makes smoking more appealing. I know whenever I tried the "taper" method, I was SO in love with those last 6 or 4 or however many cigarettes I was down to. The less I smoked, the more appealing they were. So I understand how those five cigarettes were a "lifeline" in many ways. My problem was I had NO ability to just smoke one, or two, or three.... Etc. I was a 3 ppd smoker when I got here. "Modulating" cigarettes was not an option for me, LOL, not anymore.

Just hang in there. Remember, even if you don't smoke ONCE after dinner, you are laying down a pattern of "success." Etc.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread